Oro - a live session

Discuss anything about Moya and her music

Moderator: All Moderators

Oro - a live session

Postby alex.trusca88 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:23 am

A chairde / Dear friends,

I would be so grateful to somebody who could help me or share with me the mp3's from Oro - a live session.

I can't find this anywhere and it would be so great to have the opportunity to hear these songs - especially Eirigh suas a stoirin.

I can't even find Eirigh suas a stoirin on my local iTunes here.

Could you please help me? :oops:
alex.trusca88

Re: Oro - a live session

Postby Dab051176 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:56 pm

Hi Alex,

I appreciate how frustrating getting hold of a copy of the CD is - I've been trying for the best part of two and a half years myself! However, I would certainly not condone anyone on the forum sharing MP3 files of the CD, as this would be unauthorised copying - and therefore, strictly speaking is illegal in many countries under copyright law. I'm not naive enough to suggest that people don't do it - but as supporters and friends of Moya, we should remember that this is her job, and she's entitled to be paid for that work in the same way as you or I get paid.

As I say, I know this CD is extremely tricky to get hold of, but I can only encourage you to try and get hold of a copy via a second hand retailer or Ebay. At least then it should be legal - and as much as anything, this stops you getting into any kind of trouble! :wink:

Sorry that this isn't the answer you were hoping for, but I hope you understand why I feel strongly that this point needed to be made.
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Re: Oro - a live session

Postby Grania » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:13 pm

Hi Alex

I'm afraid I'm going to have to say the same as Dave - copyright does not allow sharing of mp3 files. Oro has been out of print for some years now...since about 2005 I think, but don't give up! I encourage you to look to sites such as Ebay, I'm sure there will be copies out there! The hunt is all part of the fun :wink: Much better than downloading files, that can be risky - and we don't want you getting into trouble!
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Return to General