Created a new Moya collection cd....

Discuss anything about Moya and her music

Moderator: All Moderators

Created a new Moya collection cd....

Postby Phantas » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:32 pm

Name dit Tapestry 2... I created one a few years ago with a couple of my favourites....now it was time for a new one with more current tracks:

01. Morning Star (downtempo) - Roger Shah w Moya
02. Bright Star
03. Black Night
04. Casadh Mo Chroí
05. The Days of the Dancing
06. Beating Heart
07. Song of David
08. Kiss the Book (a rare track, apparently something out of a computer game. It was sent to me by a friend)
09. Saltwater - Chicane f. Moya
10. She Moved Through The Fair
11. The Big Rock
12. Is it Now?
13. Hear My Prayer
14. Mary of the Gaels (instrumental)
15. Tell Me Now (What You See) - King Arthur OST
16. No Easy Way
17. Rinne Tú
18. Morning Star (uptempo) - Roger Shah f. Moya (bonus track)

What say you?
lost in the aether, leave a message...
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Re: Created a new Moya collection cd....

Postby Yvonne » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:19 pm

Hi Rick,

I wanted to respond earlier, but didn't get around to it. I love lists and making lists! Thanks for sharing :D !

I don't know the Morning Star songs so I can't comment on the first and the last track, but other than that I think it is a very good and diverse list with many favourites of mine. It shows that Moya can sing so many different styles. The only song that I am not too keen on is Beating Heart, but it fits the list. It seems that you start of in the night with the first 3-4 songs and move on to a very cheerful morning with Days of the Dancing, not sure if you meant that... I wonder now, what is your Tapestry 1 list like :D ?

Love,

Yvonne
"Let Your Love surround me. Light my heart to carry on"
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Phantas » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:19 pm

Hi Yvonne! Thanks for replying - I was getting afraid no-one cared enough :shock:

My first cd list [which I will put later on in this post] consisted of tracks of all Moya's albums up to and including Signature. With this second list I wanted to include tracks that were more uncommon [like the various collaborations] and some other gems that were left out, including two tracks from Voices and Harps.

As for the Morning Star track, I think there's a video out here on the board ... but I'll post it here too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbYnvXsp7cA

This is the uptempo version. After I d/l his album I noticed there were two versions, one with downtempo tracks and one with uptempo ones! As I tend to love dance songs like these, I checked it out and liked both very much! :)

Anyway, as to the Original Tapestry album I created, I posted it a long time ago on the board, but for you [and others who are interested but didn't dare ask] I'll post the list here right now:

01. Show Me
02. Merry-Go-Round
03. Against the Wind
04. To The Water
05. Oró
06. Tapestry
07. A Place Among The Stones
08. Tara (original album version)
09. Perfect Time
10. Harpsong (instrumental)
11. Two Horizons
12. Many Faces
13. Gone are the Days
14. Where I Stand
15. Grá Dé
16. Dream On
17. Doon Well (instrumental)

Both albums emerged out of the inner urge to create an album which covered Moya's solo career. For the second album, I originally chose a couple songs more (like the beautiful Ce Leis) but unfortunately they either took out the drive in the musical set or simply didn't fit with other songs.

And as for Beating Heart, I've always loved the vibrancy of the song - yes it's quirky but I love that about Moya's first two solo albums....one can hear how the Brennan sister's voices blend so well and can be quite powerful! :)
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Postby Phantas » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:23 pm

Yvonne wrote:Hi Rick,

I wanted to respond earlier, but didn't get around to it. I love lists and making lists! Thanks for sharing :D !

I don't know the Morning Star songs so I can't comment on the first and the last track, but other than that I think it is a very good and diverse list with many favourites of mine. It shows that Moya can sing so many different styles. The only song that I am not too keen on is Beating Heart, but it fits the list. It seems that you start of in the night with the first 3-4 songs and move on to a very cheerful morning with Days of the Dancing, not sure if you meant that... I wonder now, what is your Tapestry 1 list like :D ?

Love,

Yvonne

To come back on your comment on the first few songs relating to the night...it wasn't my intention but the songs fit very well together and it ended up that way more or less. Once I have a list of songs, the endings and beginnings of them should fit together seamlessly, either by songs seeming to flow into one another, or by setting a soft song followed by an uptempo song to create somewhat of a shock effect ;) :) And I do this not only with Moya's music but with almost every collected work I create - whether it be Enya or even top 40 music :D
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Return to General