MOYA on live PBS station Seattle WA 2/26!

Memories of shows, dreams of shows to come

Moderators: wonky_eggs, nessieq, mise, Grania, Banba Óir, All Moderators

MOYA on live PBS station Seattle WA 2/26!

Postby karenp » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:05 am

I have just seen the broadcast of CLANNAD performing at the Cathedral in Dublin on the local PBS station here in Seattle WA
and during timeouts, they cut to sell dvd and cd's of the concert. And I was amazed that in the studio, live, was Moya Brennan!
She was so gracious as she told stories about the band, the songs, and how they are coming to America later this year for a
tour. They have a new cd called TIMELESS that has all of the band's wonderful songs.

It was a terrific hour and a half....now I have to find their new cd for sure. :P :)
"Nothing is Forgotten" - Robin of Sherwood tv series
karenp

Re: MOYA on live PBS station Seattle WA 2/26!

Postby Phantas » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:46 pm

oooh....could this perhaps mean a world-wide release dvd of the concert soon? I would def buy!!! keep us posted if you will...
lost in the aether, leave a message...
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Re: MOYA on live PBS station Seattle WA 2/26!

Postby Banba Óir » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:23 pm

Hi all,
taken from my blog:
As you might know a new compilation album by Clannad is on the way, as well as the DVD and broadcast of the Temple Bar Trad Fest/Christ Church concert on the US PBS network. On behalf of the bands management some facts:
- The compilation album will be a 2-cd titled "The Essential Clannad" and not "Timeless" as was mentioned on an earlier Sony press release. The releasedate of 6 March will be US only;
- The premiere of the Christ Church concert will be on 17 march on WLIW. Other PBS stations can broadcast it on other dates, also before the WLIW premiere. Check local listings;
- At present, the DVD and CD of the show will only be available through the PBS showings. There is also a 3CD set called "Timeless: the Songs, the Sound, the Tradition" that will be available exclusively through the PBS pledge drive. Hopefully these will all be available for full release sometime in the near future;
- Again at present, all dvd/cd's are only US available;
- They are working on some European broadcast dates as well but they would more likely be late April/May.

Next to the above, i've seen the cd album being offered at amazon.com. A little patience..

regards :wink:
Ed
webmaster of the Clannad Newsblog at www.clannad.nl
Banba Óir

Return to Moya live