Heads-Up: "Quick Reply" feature available

About Moya's forum, for site-related issues. Please start your site-related issue as a new topic and one of us will come along and advise.

Moderator: All Moderators

Heads-Up: "Quick Reply" feature available

Postby Angoid » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:58 pm

I've just turned on "Quick Reply."

Basically, whenever you view a topic to which you can reply, you'll see a new button marked "Quick Reply."
If you click on this, you'll get a reply box open up straight away which you can use to type a quick message - but it's not a fully-featured reply box.
I think this will be useful for the games and stories threads, but if you want a full-featured editor (colours, smilies, and so on) then use the normal Reply button as you would now.
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Re: Heads-Up: "Quick Reply" feature available

Postby Angoid » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:00 pm

If you're entering a response using QuickReply, and decide you need to go full-featured reply instead, then you can click on "Full Editor" at any point during yuor reply.
The full reply editor will then open up, taking any text you have just typed with it, thereby avoiding the need to re-type anything you have already entered.
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby Phantas » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:56 pm

Cool - thanks for adding this feature Angus :)
lost in the aether, leave a message...
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Postby Angoid » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:33 am

Thanks Phantas,

I saw it when looking for another setting I thought we might benefit from, but on second thoughs it didn't seem as useful after all.
So I turned this on as I thought it would bring real benefit :)
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Return to Administrator