18-Dec-2011 Moya An Irish Christmas in De Doelen Rotterdam

Memories of shows, dreams of shows to come

Moderators: wonky_eggs, nessieq, mise, Grania, Banba Óir, All Moderators

Postby Susann » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:34 pm

I forget to mention that last night a coincidence occurred to me. :o :o :o
After sorting out the photos from Rotterdam – it was after 11 p.m. – I wasn’t really tired and so I was zapping through the TV channels. There was nothing interesting but suddenly I saw a man I supposed to know. He looked like the conductor of the Dutch Metropole Orchestra on Sunday. And right it was Jules Buckley :) :) :) . It was a concert of the fantastic British singer/songwriter Jonathan Jeremiah (I didn’t know him before) together with his band and the MDR Symphony Orchestra conducted by Jules Buckley on 12th December in Leipzig. Unbelieveable!!!
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. (Oscar Wilde)
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Hester » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:25 pm

Hi Susann,
It was lovely to meet you!
Thanks for posting those pictures. I love your pictures of Rotterdam! Isn't Delfshaven a gorgeous bit of Rotterdam? My brother goes to church in this lovely little church there.

And what a great conductor right!? Seemed they all got along very well, I liked it when Moya ripped her bunch of flowers apart to give the conductor a couple of flowers as well :lol:
Love takes off the mask we fear we cannot live without an know we cannot live within - James Baldwin
Hester
Addicted to Moya

Postby Phantas » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:00 pm

Hester wrote:Hi Susann,
It was lovely to meet you!
Thanks for posting those pictures. I love your pictures of Rotterdam! Isn't Delfshaven a gorgeous bit of Rotterdam? My brother goes to church in this lovely little church there.

And what a great conductor right!? Seemed they all got along very well, I liked it when Moya ripped her bunch of flowers apart to give the conductor a couple of flowers as well :lol:

I loved the conductor's sense of humour after they came back for the encore.....he got a rose from Moya but when he came back out the flower had vanished LOL! And he looked at it as if to say : now who did that?

it was hilarious!
lost in the aether, leave a message...
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Postby Paul K. » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:01 am

There is a video on youtube of 3 minutes. That wasn't filmed by me, I don't know who did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmlttRvkbvI
Paul K.
Really Enthusiastic Member

Previous

Return to Moya live