Le Cuidiú Dé - new charity album featuring Moya

Discuss anything about Moya and her music

Moderator: All Moderators

Le Cuidiú Dé - new charity album featuring Moya

Postby alex.trusca88 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:46 am

Moya has contributed to a new irish charity album called Le Cuidiú Dé.

Additional information can be found here:

http://www.lecuidiude.com/

The CD Le Cuidiú Dé is a compilation of 14 new songs in Irish with lyrics by Eilín Ní Bhaoill. It is the culmination of the untiring work of Eilín Ní Bhaoill and Maighread Hanlon who felt that traditional music, especially music through the Irish language, offered a fresh and innovative way of raising funds for Donegal Hospice Homecare. All proceeds from the sale of the CD will go directly to this worthy cause.
Professional artists and popular local talents were approached and all agreed to offer their services totally free of charge. Daniel O'Donnell is recording a song in Irish for the first time and other artists include Moya Brennan (Clannad), Donegal Person of the Year Mairéad Ní Mhaonaigh (Altan and T with the Maggies) and Aoife Ní Fhearraigh to name but a few.

Have you guys got the chance to order the CD or listen to some of the songs?

I pre-ordered the CD on the 11th of December and receibed yesterday.
I love Moya's track a lot: it's called An tEibhlín Marie. I have had on repeat since yesterday. :D

I await your opinions about the track and also about the rest of collaborations. :P
alex.trusca88

Postby Yvonne » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:40 am

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your post! :D

I had heard about this album and I am still in doubt wether to order it or not. I have bought albums before for just one song with Moya, the reason that I haven't ordered this one (yet :mrgreen: ) is that I haven't heard the song yet, or even a a short sample of it. I would love to hear it, could you tell us a bit more about it? Is it a ballad or an uptempo song? And is it with the harp?

Love,

Yvonne
"Let Your Love surround me. Light my heart to carry on"
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

Postby alex.trusca88 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:56 am

Hi Yvonne,

I haven't heard any harp playing on this track, but a beautiful acoustic guitar which can be heard throughout the entire song. It is a ballad, on which Dónal Lunny also collaborated. Eilín Ní Bhaoill wrote the lyrics, the music was composed by Moya and Dónal. Moya appears credited as Máire Ní Bhraonáin. It's 04:29 minutes long and completely in Irish. The chorus of the song is very melancholic with a sensible blend between Moya's soft and evocative singing and backing vocals which seem to be Dónal's vocals. Will have to check again the inlay when I get home who sang on the background.
alex.trusca88

Postby alex.trusca88 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:12 pm

So I have just checked the inlay: I made an error in my previous post. The music was composed by Mánus Lunny (not Dónal) and Moya.

As far as the orchestration on the track as extracted from the CD inlay:

Guitar, bouzouki, backing vocals, keyboards and programming by Mánus Lunny.

additional keyboards by Tríona Ní Dhomhnaill

The story of the song: A sea tragedy happened on the Donegal coast in 1975 when an entire ship crew was lost. This seems to be the theme of the track. Unfortunately we do not have the lyrics.
alex.trusca88

Postby Susann » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:03 pm

Hi Alex, I've just ordered the CD. One of the singer is Seán Mac Ruairí. He is the main barman at "Leo's Tavern". He is a very nice guy with a fantastic voice. :)
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. (Oscar Wilde)
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Yvonne » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:10 pm

Hi Alex,

Thanks for all the info :D ! Sorry for my late reply, I have been away a lot the past few days!

It definitely sounds like a very beautiful song, I love ballads, I may not be able to resist ordering it too :mrgreen: ! I will think about it a little more, no use ordering it today with the Holidays coming up, I think!

Love,

Yvonne
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

Re:

Postby Roibeard Óg » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:22 pm

alex.trusca88 wrote:So I have just checked the inlay: I made an error in my previous post. The music was composed by Mánus Lunny (not Dónal) and Moya.

My family often joke 'you're the only one who thinks of Dónal as Manus' brother and not the other way round!'. :lol: Manus produced T with the Maggies and Mairéad Ní Mhaonaigh's 'Imeall' album. Thanks for the info! Can't find the tracklist anywhere! And welcome to the forum! :D
"Tús maith, leath na hoibre!"
Roibeard Óg
Addicted to Moya

Re: Le Cuidiú Dé - new charity album featuring Moya

Postby alex.trusca88 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:13 pm

Go raibh maith agat :)

Na traiceanna agus na ceoltóirí i gceist:

01 Le Cuidiú Dé - Daniel O'Donnell;
02 An tEibhlín Marie - Máire Ní Bhraonáin;
03 Focla An Tiarna - Mairéad Ní Mhaonaigh;
04 Fulaingt Na bPáistí - Deirdre Ní Chnáimhsí;
05 Stáisiún Traenach - Michelle Nic Grianna;
06 Bean Uí Bhaoill - Suzanne Uí Ghallachóir;
07 Erin - Aoife Ní Fhearraigh;
08 Cumhaidh I Do Dhiaidh - Maighread & Tríona Ní Dhomhnaill;
09 Mo Ghrá A Thú A Mhéilte Chean Dubhrann - Tony, Séan & Dónall Mac Ruairí;
10 An Tráthnóna Sin Fadó - Aodh Óg Ó Duibheannaigh;
11 Ag Fágáilt An tSean Dorais Cúil - Ag Fágáilt An tSean Dorais Cúil
12 A Stóirín Mo Chroí - A Stóirín Mo Chroí
13 Stiúrfaidh Tú Mé - Bríd Mhic Giolla Bhríde;
14 Na Méilte Mar A Bhí - Connie Mhary Mhici Ó Gallachóir;

I love tracks 2, 3, 4, 7 and 9. And Aoife is also a great singer. Her voice is precious. Deirdre's interpretation of "Fulaingt Na bPáistí" is breathtaking.
alex.trusca88

Postby Susann » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:34 pm

I love Moya's song very, very much :) :) :) but it would be great I could understand the words. Does anyone have a translation? There are some nice other songs on the CD. From these I like most "Fulaingt Na bPáistí - Deirdre Ní Chnáimhsí".
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. (Oscar Wilde)
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Yvonne » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:59 pm

Alright, I couldn't resist anymore. I just ordered my copy of the CD as well :D !

I am looking forward to hearing the song! :D :D :D

Love,

Yvonne
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Draíocht an Dúlra » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:09 pm

Susann wrote:I love Moya's song very, very much :) :) :) but it would be great I could understand the words. Does anyone have a translation? There are some nice other songs on the CD. From these I like most "Fulaingt Na bPáistí - Deirdre Ní Chnáimhsí".

I could translate if I had the Gaelic lyrics. I have the CD so maybe I could try.
Ceolann siad ar laetha geal a bhí
Draíocht an Dúlra
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Susann » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:05 pm

Last Wednesday I was to Moya's concert in Leeuwarden. Leon and Moya explained the song for me. It's a very sad song about the sinking of the fishing trawler "Evelyn Marie". The crew of six were lost. It happend on 7th January 1975 off Rathlin O'Byrne Island near Malinbeg.
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

Postby hermeyjdi » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:10 pm

Not sure if anyone has had any trouble with the www.lecuidiude.com website. It was down so I contacted them. The site is now up and running and you can now order the CD again for anyone who couldn't do that. I ordered mine yesterday.
Jesus said to Peter, "feed my sheep not experiment on my rats" -C S Lewis
hermeyjdi
Addicted to Moya

Postby hermeyjdi » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:34 am

I got my copy of this CD in the mail today. I have listened to it twice and it is a great album. Anyone wondering if they ship to the USA, they do. Buy with confidence. :D
Jesus said to Peter, "feed my sheep not experiment on my rats" -C S Lewis
hermeyjdi
Addicted to Moya

Return to General