Canúintí Ceoil 2 - Programme on Donegal traditional music

The world's a big place. There's lots going on. Let everyone else know about it.

Moderator: All Moderators

Canúintí Ceoil 2 - Programme on Donegal traditional music

Postby Dab051176 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:35 pm

Hi all,

I've just been alerted to a programme about the music of Donegal that Mairéad Ni Mhaonaigh (of Altan and T with the Maggies) has made. Apparently it's a few years old now, but TG4 are repeating it tonight, hence the messages floating around on Facebook.

Anyway for those of us not around to log on to TG4's website tonight, the programme is on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grjdeZOL ... ture=share

I haven't watched it all the way through yet, but it has all the right "ingredients", so enjoy! :D
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Re: Canúintí Ceoil 2 - Programme on Donegal traditional musi

Postby wonky_eggs » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:26 pm

Thanks for sharing that Dave, I missed your posts on Facebook, but it's always good to hear a bit of Donegal music, and see a bit of that oh-so-wonderful scenery - views I never tire of!

And how do they get their beaches so golden and that sea so blue?! :lol:
wonky_eggs

Postby kevinkells » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:41 pm

I couldn't see the video as it was distorted...don't know why, couldn't see anything only heard the audio...but I came across this! http://youtu.be/rsZ9t6kL4Is
kevinkells
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Dab051176 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:44 pm

@wonky_eggs - Sorry, I didn't phrase that very well, did I? I meant that I got prior warning of the programme from about half a dozen different places on my Facebook news feed. I didn't actually post anything. Apologies for the confusion! I agree, though - that scenery takes a lot of beating, and this is coming from someone with Snowdonia practically on his doorstep! :P

@kevinkells - That a shame that you couldn't see it. It's on the tg4.tv website at the moment (which now has a version in English! :wink:), so if you're still interested, you may want to try there. It works fine for me in the UK, so hopefully it'll work for you too. Second time lucky?! :D
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Return to Rattle Bag