Re-introduction

Your platform. Get to know each other (but don't forget about us!)

Moderator: All Moderators

Do you mind gay people?

Yes
No votes
No
100%

Total votes : 6

Re-introduction

Postby Phantas » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:55 pm

Uhm, ok, so here goes...

Most of you already know me...some may have actually seen me at one of the concerts in De Doelen ...

Anyway, this year was kind of a big year for me, as I came out of the closet for (drum roll) being gay. Yes, I am a gay male of 32 years old. That's it, you read it right.

Before this year I wasn't certain of myself. Did I like girls (romantically) or not? Well, the last two or three years were very decisive - I like guys more than I like girls. (Don't worry, I still think you girls rock!)

This doesn't change much on here I suppose, but I felt it only fair for you all to know. Coming out was scary, but since I accepted the fact that I was gay and can be more open about it, I've also felt more confident about myself and my future. It feels like I can take on the world, but I've got a few issues to sort out still.

So, if I meet any of you 18 December, don't hold back OK? ;) I'm still a nice guy! :D

Oh, yeah, if anyone wonders - My real name is Richard, but please just call me Rick :)
lost in the aether, leave a message...
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Re: Re-introduction

Postby wonky_eggs » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:39 pm

Phantas/Rick,

It's great that you've come to terms with who you are, and I'm so very pleased for you! :D

I'd be very surprised if there are people here on the forum who would 'mind' you being gay, it's who you are, and yes, people may not sing from the roofs 'hurrah Phantas is gay!', people will accept you. After all, it's 2011, the world has moved forward a great deal over the last few decades, and thankfully most people are very accepting.

To be honest, we've both been on this forum since it began, and I think you've left enough clues, consciously or not, that I assumed you were gay anyway - whether that was my 'gaydar' picking it up or what, I don't know - sorry if that 'deflates' your big 'coming-out'! :oops: . However I'm glad you feel comfortable enough here on the forum to make it clear to us all who you are.

And you are not alone, I think I could count the number of straight fans I've met at concerts on one hand :lol: Moya and Clannad appear to have a BIG gay following for some reason.

Anyway, have a great time on the 18th!

Barry :)
wonky_eggs

Postby Susann » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:10 am

One of my nephews is gay. He is such a phantastic young man :D :D :D . I love him very, very much.

Rick, see you in Rotterdam :) .
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. (Oscar Wilde)
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

Postby goldenhorse231 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:56 am

Rick,

even we never met before (but maybe will do one day :) )....I don´t believe that anyone here is thinking bad of you now.

I guess that many of us have friends, who are gay...so me, too. And I love and accept them in the same way as I do with my other friends.

Have a nice show in Rotterdam :D

tc,
Susann
goldenhorse231

Postby Phantas » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:46 pm

Gosh, thanks everyone :)
I didn't really think anyone would mind but the question was buzzing through my mind while I wrote my post.

Wonky, how cool that you read stuff between the lines! I never expected any of my posts to have contained anything pointing in the direction, but it's still great! And no, it does not "deflate" my coming out lol! To be honest I didn't think there were that many gays around here :oops:

I was a bit anxious to spill the beans on this forum....I know that most of you are kind and accepting , but still.....

I know Enya has quite a few gay fans....but I'd never expect Clannad or Moya to have such a large gay following :shock:

Wonky, now I am intrigued to know what clues I may have left ;) :D

Thanks again all, hope more responses follow!
Rick
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Postby nessieq » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:42 pm

Phantas, it takes real guts to do what you have done, I hope you're proud of yourself. I am :)

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Rick))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
nessieq

Postby Phantas » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:50 pm

nessieq wrote:Phantas, it takes real guts to do what you have done, I hope you're proud of yourself. I am :)

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Rick))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Ness, everyday that passes I feel I am a stronger person. Now if only that would reflect in me finding a good job! Thén I would be even happier!
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Return to Fan space