Moya music, do you have to be a christan

Discuss anything about Moya and her music

Moderator: All Moderators

Postby Angoid » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:10 am

Well put, all three of you. Moya's music is personal, and she does not try to 'preach' anything through it. She just let it speak for her and itself.

I personally believe that music is intrinsically spiritual. I think it was Jimi Hendrix that realised this when he said, "Atmospheres are going to come through music, because music is in a spiritual thing of its own..... "

Music can both lift you up and make you feel sad. It can make you excited, or it can make you feel angry. For example, how many times have you been walking along the road and a car comes zooming by very aggressively, and you can hear this loud, thump-thum-thump aggressive music coming out of it? Very rarely does an aggressive driver get caught listening to Beethoven!
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby RunrigCorvusCoraxFan » Sun May 22, 2011 4:09 am

You're all right; I think i may be coming a christian because we cant see air but believe it's there. But im still undecided, I love Corvus Corax, whos songs is about medival period. I may be strange but no matter whether good or evil theres always music.
There you stood in front of me
Dressed in glory, white to see
Spell-bound on the deep blue skies
Created on high
Cold and warm, you set one's heart
'Cause you're the mighty one

Mighty One
RunrigCorvusCoraxFan
Enthusiastic Member

Postby goldenhorse231 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:50 am

I don´t even think that anyone needs to be a christian in order to listen to Moyas music. I, for my part, do not believe in anything and I also do not intend to change this...but i´m absolutely in love with her music and will always be.

Last few years have been full of bad and difficult moments for me and Moyas songs helped me not to give up and to keep strong.
So I may not believe in god, but I believe in this wonderful music and what it is able to do for everyone!!
goldenhorse231

Postby RunrigCorvusCoraxFan » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:35 pm

I didn't believe at all, but when I was face with that we can't see wind, but we know it's there, same with us breathing and love. You can't see love, but having feelings we cant desribe. Call me weird, but wind changes everytime, and we see damage it does, but we can see that damage, but we can't see wind.
There you stood in front of me
Dressed in glory, white to see
Spell-bound on the deep blue skies
Created on high
Cold and warm, you set one's heart
'Cause you're the mighty one

Mighty One
RunrigCorvusCoraxFan
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Angoid » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:00 am

At the risk of sounding "preachy," the word for "spirit" (as in "Holy Spirit" is the same word in the original languages as that for "Wind" (Hebrew "Ruach" and Greek "Pneuma" - cf "pneumatic").

But we often say of the Spirit that you can't see ths Spirit himself, but you can see the effects ... just as for the wind.

Anyway .... Moya's music is simply beautiful. No question about it. Sure, there are a few tracks I'm not so fond of - both Christian and not Christian, but this does not detract from my enjoyment of her music as a whole. For me, some of her Christian music has that extra dimension, but as with all music, this is very personal.

goldenhorse231, I'm glad you've found comfort in Moya's music and that it has helped you through difficult times.
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Previous

Return to General