Clannad Concerts Netherlands & Belgium

News, Nostalgia, etc.

Moderators: wonky_eggs, mise, Grania, Banba Óir, All Moderators

Postby nancykrijnen » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:48 am

Jiehaaaaaaaaa Got 2 tickets for my birthday a couple of days ago. My husband and I have tickets for Tilburg :D
nancykrijnen
Enthusiastic Member

Postby mise » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:11 am

:D I went to Tilburg last night and met up with some dear (forum) friends. It was great to get together and enjoy the real Clannad experience with all 5 Clannad members.

There were loads of old traditionals, some pretty musical pieces of Turlough O'Carolan and ofcourse the songs that gave Clannad their fame. Quite honestly I can't give you a setlist as I was too intend on enjoying the music. Moya's voice was wonderful this night, so warm and full of colour! The drummer left me in shock, when he sang; what a brilliant strong voice!

After the show all the members came out for a meet and greet, which gave a nice touch to this special concert.
Cherish all your happy moments: They make a fine cushion for old age
mise

Postby SaskiaS » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:51 am

Hi Mise,

I was there :D :D :D . I have had a great time ! And my boyfriend as well (he likes Clannad more then Moya solo)

I always try to remember the setlist but just can't. So if anyone could help us with that...
I remember about 19 songs, but since they all sound familiar for years, I could be wrong about some and I am sure I am missing some others.
Yvonne did you go ? You helped a lot with the setlist of Moya's concert earlier this year.

Tastes differ... I actually did nót like the In A Lifetime version with Liam (drummer). He did his best, maybe too much ?, to sound like Bono. But no, it didn't do it for me. On the internet I have seen versions with Pól doing this part, I like that better. Anyway, the rest I liked very much.

It was awesome, a wish come true. So now it is time to get a new wish, so I guess that would be... that I will see them again!
SaskiaS

Postby edje&anja » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:13 pm

Pictures say more than words, the music was great, sound also.
Nice (bit strange, or more not used to something like that??) venue.
Here some pictures.
It was a great evening.

Edwin
edje&anja
Enthusiastic Member

Postby SaskiaS » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:40 am

Looks like you were sitting near us. Nice photo's.
SaskiaS

Postby Yvonne » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:17 am

Hello,

It sounds like you all had a wonderful time :D ! Great pictures Edwin!

No, unfortunately, I didn't go Saskia, I would have loved to go but I am recovering from an eye operation at the moment. Otherwise I would defintely have tried to remember the setlist :) . Did they play any new songs which will be on the new album?

Love,

Yvonne
"Let Your Love surround me. Light my heart to carry on"
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

Postby edje&anja » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:36 am

Yvonne,
I don't think they played new songs. They said they "must" go in the studio for the new album, and with any luck they well come next year for a tour :P .

Saskia, you had the Lore shirt on??

Edwin
edje&anja
Enthusiastic Member

Postby SaskiaS » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:37 pm

Hi Yvonne,

That's right, your surgery. I hope all went well ?

No, I have not heard any songs I did not know. (Just remembering them is the problem. :) ) It would be great if a new album was to come out soon, I'd love that.

Edwin,

Nope, no fan-clothing. I doubt that you have seen me, I went straight back home afterwards. We still had an 1½ hour drive untill I could "jump" into bed and I was exhausted. But it was worth it !

Regards, Saskia
SaskiaS

Postby Yvonne » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:03 pm

Hi Saskia,

The surgery went well, but I still have a lot of pain. The wound is still very vulnerable and how it goes in the next month will be crucial to see whether the surgery has been succesfull. I hope all goes well, but I have to admit that I find it all a bit scary....

That is good news, Edwin, possibly a new tour next year. I am also looking forward to the new album!

May be it's just me. I would LOVE to go to a Clannad concert, it must be wonderful and very special to see them live, but to be honest I prefer a Moya concert. For one, I would miss Moya's solo works, such as Tara. Many Faces and Sailing Away, to name but a few. And I would miss Cormac too with his wonderful harp playing!

But if there is a Clannad tour of course I would try to go there :D !

Love,

Yvonne
"Let Your Love surround me. Light my heart to carry on"
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

Postby edje&anja » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:50 pm

Yvonne,

For me, Clannad or Moya, I like them both, but sure, they are different. Clannad is (for me) " old" music, Moya is new and old.
It is different, that's sure.
But I can't wait for new Clannad song's, they can still make great music!!

Edwin
edje&anja
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Dab051176 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:10 pm

Sounds as if you all had a great time! :D

Thanks for sharing the stories and pics.
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby mise » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:34 pm

*wonders who has been to Belgiun and what it was like...
Cherish all your happy moments: They make a fine cushion for old age
mise

Previous

Return to Clannad