Need Help

Discuss anything about Moya and her music

Moderator: All Moderators

Need Help

Postby RunrigCorvusCoraxFan » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:29 pm

I got Moya's first album Máire and loving it. This album is in Music, and artist is Máire Brennan, but what do I do when I get to her latest stuff, will it be confusing if I rename Moya Máire as that is album artist.
There you stood in front of me
Dressed in glory, white to see
Spell-bound on the deep blue skies
Created on high
Cold and warm, you set one's heart
'Cause you're the mighty one

Mighty One
RunrigCorvusCoraxFan
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Grania » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:00 am

Are you talking about filing your own collection, for example on your computer? I'm afraid I'm not sure I understand (however, blame me, it is Sunday morning!). If it is for computer, in my experience you end up with each album filed under 'Máire' or 'Moya' Brennan as appropriate - although of course if you prefer to have them all together, it can be altered.
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby RunrigCorvusCoraxFan » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:08 am

It's on Computer; so I can also transfer to MP3 player or Blackberry. I wan to be able to access Moya's latest stuff in same folder.; For example, the artist folder is atm Máire Brennan (that is what she was known as), when I get her other stuff including her latest stuff I want to be in Máire Brennan folder. What happens, if I made a Moya folder, I wouldn't be able to play her older stuff unless it's Máire. Am I making sense now?
Created on high

Mighty One
RunrigCorvusCoraxFan
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Dab051176 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:38 pm

I'm still not quite following, I'm afraid! :? Will it work if you, for example, copied anything into the new folder it to your "Maire Brennan" folder. Long winded, I know, but it's the only suggestion I can think of without knowing the specifics of you MP3 player!
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby RunrigCorvusCoraxFan » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:25 pm

In Music folder, it has from a to z of artists. I got Máire Brennan as a artist, to cover from Maire to before she changed her name. I could make a artist called Moya, but to me that be confusing as I'd always known her as Maire Brennan.
Created on high

Mighty One
RunrigCorvusCoraxFan
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Phantas » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:50 pm

Very simple: It's your MP3 player, it's your computer, do whatever you feel like. Seriously, I do not see the whole point of this thread to be quite honest. :?

To offer some help, if any at all, on my PC I've put everything under Moya Brennan, as that's what's she's known as today. Now I have an older, easy mp3 player which lets me put anything under whatever, so it's not an issue for me at all, although if it's an mp3 player that reads the artist name, it can be a bit annoying, but to be fair, really, is this what keeps you awake at night? I'd think (or hope) not. ;)

Enjoy the music, that's all you need. :)
lost in the aether, leave a message...
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Postby RunrigCorvusCoraxFan » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:21 pm

Yeah you're right; I may rename it Moya Brennan also. It's not MP3 player that does this. On Blackberry, it seperates artists, so each artist. Did you see mt rare gem collecters in Clannad section.
Created on high

Mighty One
RunrigCorvusCoraxFan
Enthusiastic Member

Return to General