Postcards left at Leo's

Have you been there? Are you going? Share your experience

Moderators: gregoing, mise, Grania, All Moderators

Postcards left at Leo's

Postby Balor » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:09 am

I'm back from Ireland. While there I left a couple of postcards for Moya at Leo's. I hope she received them? Anyway, she'd been to Leo's to release her new CD, Voices & Harps the previous Saturday, June 11, and was coming back to Leo's on Friday, June 17. Bad timing for me, as usual. I was happy to purchase the CD at Leo's though!
Who in the valley shed the poison tear?
Balor
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Dab051176 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:59 pm

I'm sure the postcards will find their way to Moya, Balor. :wink:

That was unfortunate timing, by the sound of things, but if it's any consolation, a similar thing happened to me last year. Before I went up to Gweedore, I saw Moya guest with Dervish at the NCH in Dublin. We were chatting afterwards, and it turned out that she and Tim had only just got back - so had I gone to Gweedore first.... :roll: Well, you can work out the rest! :P

Enjoy Voices & Harps!
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Dubhy63 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:21 am

Your postcards are in good hands in Leo's,Balor :D

Back in 1998 I decided to go to Donegal only to end up in Leo's a week before the 30th anniversary of the pub.I had to go back home before the fun started,but thankfully I heard about the 40th anniversary in time and witnessed a great weekend. :)
* No man ever wore a scarf as warm as his daughter’s arm around his neck.*
Dubhy63
Addicted to Moya

Postby PierreC » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:26 am

Could you say its a bad timing for me too the fact that i've never been to Gweedore ? or Leo's ?

Im trying to find a spot, a tour worth the travelling, more than one gig. A tour in Ireland just like the one in Holland or Germany would be fine for me.

I dont see that coming in the near future...do you ?

Anyway, here i am again, wondering if i should go to Germany in December (there is a few days vacant early in december for dates in Poland i presume) even i f have 5 front row seata locked for the next Holland tour in April 2012.

Its hard to skip a tour...very hard :cry:

At least ill be in Dublin OHIO instead of Ireland this coming august for another great Irish festival.
PierreC
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Grania » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:36 pm

:) You could also go without concerts to go to :) We all have to miss concerts we'd like to be at Pierre, don't worry (after all, you've don't pretty well :lol:)
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Dab051176 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:10 pm

G's right, Pierre. Even if there aren't any concerts, Ireland is an amazing place to visit (as proven by the sheer number of times this particular forummer keeps going there!:oops:). I really wouldn't restrict yourself to a "no gig, no trip" rule! :wink:

Just as one example, I went up to Gweedore last year, and spend a very pleasant, quiet evening in Leo's, when there was literally just me and half a dozen or so locals, who were chatting away happily with this strange Brit who'd turned up! Experience tells me that people are like that in a lot of places throughout Ireland.

I agree, it's nice to see Moya in concert, but from what I've seen, in Ireland she tends to do concerts "here and there", rather than touring. So, unfortunately, I suspect what you're hoping for is unlikely to happen - for the foreseeable future, anyway. That said, even if you only got to see one concert somewhere, there's plenty to see to make the long haul from Canada worthwhile.
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Dubhy63 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:23 pm

I have to agree with Dave,there's so much to see and do in Ireland,one could spend months here and would still have a huge ' to do ' list.It's not hard to come across a pub with live music and/or have some fun with the locals,even in the smallest of places. :D
* No man ever wore a scarf as warm as his daughter’s arm around his neck.*
Dubhy63
Addicted to Moya

Postby PierreC » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:30 am

Dave and Grania you are absolutely right :D

BUT

For me north americaner ! the cost to cross the big lake is a lot more than for you both if you feel like going to Leo's

..a bus ride or a short plane trip ! :wink:

So, for me i need to spend my money wisely. When i decide to go to Europe its a 2500 can dollars investment....and i have done it 4 times in the last 18 months.

You figure the total :oops:

SO

I need a Moya fix to make it worh while going to Europe.

UNLESS

Someone like you Grania or Dave would organize a big Moya fans gathering at Leo's than i will certainly consider going even if there is no gig.

It wouldbe such an honor to shake your hand Dave...and others. :lol:
PierreC
Enthusiastic Member

Postby PierreC » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:37 am

one more thing

Montreal is such a beautiful place in the summer, to me its hard to move away during the hot months. October to april are my favorites months to travel.

BUT

Yes i seriously consider going to Ireland. I have some facebook friends overthere that i would love to meet.

In a near future thats for sure.
PierreC
Enthusiastic Member

Return to Leos Tavern