Leo's, my friend and I

Have you been there? Are you going? Share your experience

Moderators: gregoing, mise, Grania, All Moderators

Leo's, my friend and I

Postby eirinn » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:42 am

Hello,
There will be on here some people that I met at the Workshop Voices and Harps, hello guys! For those who were not there and also because I want to correct something, this is my little story with Leo's.

Last year at the beginning of June 2010, my US friend and I arrived at Leo's for a late lunch, around 3pm. I met my friend on an Irish chatroom years and years ago, and this was our second time meeting, in Ireland. We were sitting there near the fireplace, and I told my friend Holly how peacefull and especially "homey" it felt at Leo's (the feeling of home, the most important!, is what I forgot to mention when I was telling that story this year). And she simply agreed and said "You're right!" And then, for asbolutely no reason, I told her "You know, Holly, one day I'll be singing at Leo's". For the small story about music and I, I started very late (35 or so) with fiddle, singing and recently harp, and I'm far from being proficient, so that remark of mine just came out of the blue. And then, exactly one year later, in June 2011, I was at the workshop with Moya and Cormac, singing and playing at Leo's...

So during the workshop, I made several other wishes involving important aspects of my life. Though I can't really say that my remark about singing was a wish, more like a hunch, but still, if hunches come true at Leo's, then why not wishes too? I could have been wrong with my hunch, right?

Leo's will always be a special place for me. You meet wonderful people there. See you all next year, I dearly hope.

Isabelle
eirinn

Postby Dubhy63 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:54 am

Great to see that you enjoyed yourself Isabelle,Leo's certainly is a fantastic place to go.I know the feeling of home when you're in the pub,it's one of the reasons why I've spent many hours there.A great chat with the locals,other visitors and staff,great music and good food,could we wish for more.
I couldn't attend the workshop this year due to unforeseen events,but I hope to be there for the next edition and visit Leo's again as soon as I get a chance. :D
* No man ever wore a scarf as warm as his daughter’s arm around his neck.*
Dubhy63
Addicted to Moya

Re: Leo's, my friend and I

Postby Dab051176 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:35 pm

eirinn wrote:Hello,
There will be on here some people that I met at the Workshop Voices and Harps, hello guys! For those who were not there and also because I want to correct something, this is my little story with Leo's.

Last year at the beginning of June 2010, my US friend and I arrived at Leo's for a late lunch, around 3pm. I met my friend on an Irish chatroom years and years ago, and this was our second time meeting, in Ireland. We were sitting there near the fireplace, and I told my friend Holly how peacefull and especially "homey" it felt at Leo's (the feeling of home, the most important!, is what I forgot to mention when I was telling that story this year). And she simply agreed and said "You're right!" And then, for asbolutely no reason, I told her "You know, Holly, one day I'll be singing at Leo's". For the small story about music and I, I started very late (35 or so) with fiddle, singing and recently harp, and I'm far from being proficient, so that remark of mine just came out of the blue. And then, exactly one year later, in June 2011, I was at the workshop with Moya and Cormac, singing and playing at Leo's...

So during the workshop, I made several other wishes involving important aspects of my life. Though I can't really say that my remark about singing was a wish, more like a hunch, but still, if hunches come true at Leo's, then why not wishes too? I could have been wrong with my hunch, right?

Leo's will always be a special place for me. You meet wonderful people there. See you all next year, I dearly hope.

Isabelle

Thanks for sharing that, Isabelle - it's was a nice little story to hear again. It's seems that story touched Moya, too, given she asked you to tell it in Leo's! :D

It really was an amazing weekend. I really hope to make it next year, too!
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:04 pm

Wonderful to hear that again Isabelle - and I'm glad you enjoyed yourself :) Hopefully we all did - I know I did?

It was great sitting there rehearsing together in Leo's too :D I can still hardly believe was sitting practising on stage in Leo's Tavern behind a Salvi :lol:
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby mise » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:28 am

Eirinn what a lovely story that is and how wonderful that you appreciate these little blessings that happen to all of us if we are only willing to see it. I do so hope that your new wishes will come true in your life. Wonderful!
Cherish all your happy moments: They make a fine cushion for old age
mise

Return to Leos Tavern