Covers of CD

News, Nostalgia, etc.

Moderators: wonky_eggs, mise, Grania, Banba Óir, All Moderators

Covers of CD

Postby romula » Mon May 02, 2011 5:45 pm

The Remasterd cd's contains new covers. Why is that?
romula

Postby cantilena91 » Mon May 02, 2011 6:15 pm

Most likely for serious collectors, just to avoid being identical to the original releases. Though the CD booklet is not the only difference, namely, the remastered album versions contain also some remixes of some of the songs.

Suvi
"Your golden breath took darkness away, if I ask, You won't let me go..."
cantilena91
Addicted to Moya

Postby romula » Mon May 02, 2011 7:32 pm

3 CDs purchased but sitting in a small pouch
http://www.freerecordshop.nl/music/orig ... 6978282422
romula

Postby RunrigCorvusCoraxFan » Tue May 03, 2011 7:12 pm

I cant bare original album packag; yes it appeals but if you got the albums why have it again. I don't mind if it was macalla remastered with new notes. But these albums miss lyrics if only they had all albums with lyrics with translations I buy :)
RunrigCorvusCoraxFan
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Phantas » Wed May 04, 2011 8:27 am

Suvi is right - usually it is for collector's mostly. But also because the sound is notched up I guess. Not sure how that works but there must be a reason why the albums are remastered in the first place, before getting them out to sell.

RCF - I agree. If I got the album already (in whatever version) I won't necessarily buy the same album (not even if there's just one new track).
And with Clannad, unfortunately, most cd's don't have lyrics or notes - it's mostly just pictures and a tracklist. :(
lost in the aether, leave a message...
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Postby RunrigCorvusCoraxFan » Wed May 04, 2011 11:27 am

Having said that I dont mind buying same album cos it's nice to have spares if one breaks. I got Magical Ring on vinyl and planning to get cassette version to collect. I dont mind having same albums but when the original album classics came out i feel like asking what is the point? Although the remastered will sound amazing so I like a hd-like sound.

RCF - I agree. If I got the album already (in whatever version) I won't necessarily buy the same album (not even if there's just one new track).

True but if that new track is only on that said album how would you hear it? I may be sad but I actually don't mind if I get remasters because they have new pictures and new notes and love remixes. ;p
RunrigCorvusCoraxFan
Enthusiastic Member

Return to Clannad