Introduction

Your platform. Get to know each other (but don't forget about us!)

Moderator: All Moderators

Postby wonky_eggs » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:12 pm

Welcome to the forum Armand!

Dubhy63 wrote:We only had a few pints on that night in January :mrgreen:

Erm, yeah... I must have just drunken mine *really* slowly in order to crawl back to bed at half five in the morning... two nights in a row... Honest :lol: :oops:
wonky_eggs

Postby Grania » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:58 pm

Just a few pints was it?...I'll believe you, thousands wouldn't!!! (the population of Dublin?)

Welcome to the forum :D

I know what you mean, to some extent certainly, about the age of audiences...for years I was always the youngest by far (not always at Moya's concerts) although these days things have improved a little :D I'm 22, so does that help? :lol:
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby SaskiaS » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:09 am

Angoid wrote:And again, welcome to the forum Saskia! Always great to meet new faces, so to speak.

Well, I would love to add a face (picture) to my profile, but I have no idea how, since no photos of mine are on a public accessible website. And I am a complete computer ...how do you say that?? nitwit?? or os that someone who knows it all? Anyway, I am someone who has no clue about stuff like that.
SaskiaS

Postby Dab051176 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:37 pm

Saskia,

I'm not forcing you if you'd rather not, but if you do want to make yourself a forum avatar (picture), then drop me a private message, and I'll send you some instructions. I'm sure there are some on a forum thread somewhere, but they're probably quite well "buried" by now! :wink:

I'm not around for the next couple of days, but I'll happily send you the details next week if you'd like.
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby SaskiaS » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:05 pm

Dave,
thanks, I have send you a personal message

Grania,
Oew....now I feel old !! :D
SaskiaS

Postby SaskiaS » Tue May 03, 2011 6:52 am

SaskiaS wrote:
Angoid wrote:And again, welcome to the forum Saskia! Always great to meet new faces, so to speak.

Well, I would love to add a face (picture) to my profile,

Well then, here I am :) with thanks to Dave who showed me how to do this.
SaskiaS

Postby Dab051176 » Tue May 03, 2011 9:40 am

SaskiaS wrote: Well then, here I am :) with thanks to Dave who showed me how to do this.

Tá failte romhat (Irish for "you're welcome" - guess where I was this last weekend?! lol) Saskia! Nice to be able to put a face to the name! :wink:

Just shout if you need help with anything - to pinch one of Angus' sayings, we don't bite - well not hard, anyway! :P
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Angoid » Tue May 03, 2011 12:19 pm

Glad you got that sorted, Saskia :) apologies for not seeing your post sooner, but looks like you've got a good avatar going there.

Dave, you're not the only one who was in Ireland this last weekend :) my wife and I celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary in Dublin. I understand there was a T with the Maggies concert on Friday night, but we got there far too late for that, unfortunately.

2 days isn't enough: we went to Trinity College and saw the Book of Kells, the Guinness Storehouse, took a walk round some of the Georgian squares, and enjoyed afternoon tea at the Shelbourne Hotel.

...to pinch one of Angus' sayings, we don't bite - well not hard, anyway...

Almost forgotten that this is how I often greet new members!
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby Eternal_Silence » Wed May 04, 2011 7:58 pm

Welcome to the forum Saskia and Armand! I can't help but notice that there are many Dutch people on this forum hehe =P.

As for the age of Moya fans - I'm 21 now, so that makes me one of the younger forum members I guess? I have been liking Moya's music since I was 14 though. I do recognise what you are saying - as a younger fan, you do stand out in the crowd at concerts. I especially experienced that feeling when I was 14 and went to my first Moya concert! But who cares about the age, as long as everyone enjoys the music, right? ^^
Enjoy the forum!
The turn of the day, when all music fools come out to play until the drunk turn of night.
http://www.singingriver.deviantart.com
Eternal_Silence
Addicted to Moya

Postby Phantas » Thu May 05, 2011 2:52 pm

I actually like to see some younger faces too at concerts - I was usually the youngest but I'm glad that's changing! Now I'll have to be wary that I'm not the oldest LOL!!! :D
lost in the aether, leave a message...
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Postby Methica » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:58 am

Phantas wrote:I actually like to see some younger faces too at concerts - I was usually the youngest but I'm glad that's changing! Now I'll have to be wary that I'm not the oldest LOL!!! :D

Usually it's me, Niamh, Marlies or Marlijn who are the youngest :) We started out as teens, 14, 15, 16, something like that? In our 20s now, but usually still the youngest. Makes us stand out! ;)
Imperfect is the new perfect
Methica
Addicted to Moya

Postby SaskiaS » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:55 pm

aargh I am old !! :lol:
SaskiaS

Postby dids » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:03 pm

welcome Saskia and Armand :D :D :D
The real goal should be to permanently progress, to be better than yourself rather than being better than others (Albert Jacquard).
dids
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby kevinkells » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:50 am

Welcome guys :!:
kevinkells
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby goldenhorse231 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:58 am

Hey everyone,

I´m new here so I thought to introduce myself a bit :)

My name is Susann, I am 34 years old and I live in Halle, which is situated in the east part of Germany. My freetime I spend with my horse, with going to concerts of Moya or Madison Violet, on Facebook or with writing letters to my penfriends.

I started listen to Clannads music almost 15 years ago (not worth to talk about what I listened before :roll: ), but absolutely felt in love with Moyas music when listening to the "two horizons" album. I feel sorry that I did not find the way to this forum before, but I am really happy that I made it now.

In fact, I feel a bit lonely as a Moya- Fan (have absolutely no one else in my life who loves listening to her music)...hope that will change, now that I am here :D .

Cheers,

Susann
goldenhorse231

PreviousNext

Return to Fan space