18-Dec-2011 Moya An Irish Christmas in De Doelen Rotterdam

Memories of shows, dreams of shows to come

Moderators: wonky_eggs, nessieq, mise, Grania, Banba Óir, All Moderators

18-Dec-2011 Moya An Irish Christmas in De Doelen Rotterdam

Postby Phantas » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:06 pm

Hey there!

I just got the new book for the De Doelen season 2011 - 2012 and Moya is coming back to RTM!!!

This time, she's coming on 18 December 2011 to perform songs from her album An Irish Christmas with the Dutch Metropole Orchestra!!!!!!!!

Super - definitely going to this one, as it's a thing I wanted for a while!

Anyone else thinking about going too? ;)

Love,
Phantas
lost in the aether, leave a message...
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Postby Yvonne » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:32 pm

Hi Phantas,

I couldn't believe it when I read your post! Finally a Christmas Concert in the Netherlands. :D :D :D I have been hoping to go to one in years. And with the Metropole Orchestra, that is going to be fantastic! I am not sure if I will be able to go, but I will try anything possible :D ! And may be there will be more concerts...

Love,

Yvonne
"Let Your Love surround me. Light my heart to carry on"
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Phantas » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:45 pm

yes, for me it was also one of those things I really wanted to experience - and as always it was a bit of a pity that she onl.y ventured into Germany for her Christmas concerts.

And I totally forgot to include the link to the site:

http://www.dedoelen.nl

It's in Dutch but I think it's fairly easy to use ;)
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Postby Yvonne » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:29 pm

It would really be a dream come true for me :D I really hope I can go!

The very first concert I went to was in de Doelen, it was a Clannad concert, in 1993, I think. We had horrible seats! Moya was about the size of my little finger so we could hardly see anything! The atmosphere was great though, but I hope we will have better seats this time, if I will be able to go! :D

Love,

Yvonne
"Let Your Love surround me. Light my heart to carry on"
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Phantas » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:41 pm

For those who can't read Dutch I'll just add this:

The loose ticket sales wil lstart on 15 May for this concert.
Current tickets are only sold in special series (containing at least 4 seperate and different concerts).

Love,
Phantas
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Postby Janwillemvanlier » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:54 am

Well its not bad i just bought the packagemaker deal, so 2 tickets for 59,- wich included moya and this algerian sinter wich i do not know, i think i dont even go to this Guy but i do have front row dwars now for only 12 euro's extra,
Janwillemvanlier

Postby SaskiaS » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:18 am

I don't know what algerian singer you are talking about, but you cán discover wonderful music that way. Of course, sometimes it is not to your taste at all, but you'll never know untill you try.

I will not be going, because I love Moya but I dislike christmas. In my experience, for a lot of people christmas has nothing to do with spirituality, but with lots of presents and indulging on masses of luxury food. And over the years I grew to dislike that more and more. So I try to stay away from all that is christmassy. So yes, that also means I will not buy that cd of her.

I dó think that if I wóúld go, I would probably have a wonderful time anyway. But still, not going..
SaskiaS

Postby Phantas » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:07 am

SaskiaS wrote:I don't know what algerian singer you are talking about, but you cán discover wonderful music that way. Of course, sometimes it is not to your taste at all, but you'll never know untill you try.

I will not be going, because I love Moya but I dislike christmas. In my experience, for a lot of people christmas has nothing to do with spirituality, but with lots of presents and indulging on masses of luxury food. And over the years I grew to dislike that more and more. So I try to stay away from all that is christmassy. So yes, that also means I will not buy that cd of her.

I dó think that if I wóúld go, I would probably have a wonderful time anyway. But still, not going..

What a weird and strange comment - You do know Moya is a spiritual person, makes spiritual music....and her Christmas album is just that! It's all about a greater love and a joy unbound. You really should listen to it...just to make sure for yourself you're not missing out on something extremely beautiful.

And to be honest, I am going to this concert just for Moya's music. It has nothing to do with what others think about Christmas for me...it's a great night out to listen to fabulous music.
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Postby Methica » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:20 am

I've already decided to go, Cormac told me about it in Tilburg haha. Anyone else going as well?
Imperfect is the new perfect
Methica
Addicted to Moya

Postby Phantas » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:17 pm

Still need to buy tickets but I don't wanna miss this opportunity!
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Postby SaskiaS » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:58 am

Phantas wrote: What a weird and strange comment - You do know Moya is a spiritual person, makes spiritual music....and her Christmas album is just that! It's all about a greater love and a joy unbound.

And that coming from a man who gets sick to his stomach reading quotes Hester made from Moya's book...haha :P

Phantas wrote: You really should listen to it...just to make sure for yourself you're not missing out on something extremely beautiful..

I will take your advice though and I will listen to the songs someday soon.
SaskiaS

Postby Phantas » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:41 am

Hester didn't quote from Moya's book but from an interview she made with Moya. I happen to own Moya's biography and it was a very inspirational read, even for someone who is atheistic! I respect Moya for having chosen a path, my path simply does not lead along the same ways. I also believe that one can take her music which is steeped in Christian belief but take things out of it that work for yourself, regardless of your religion or beliefs.

For me, I always manage to calm down to "Change my World". It's beginning to become a sort of anthem of my life - I need to change things for the better because I'm stuck. It may take some time but I firmly believe I will get to a point where I can say I am happy with my life (which currently is not now).

I've always loved Christmas myself. Love putting up the tree, the decorations, some gifts (though not necessary)...just being together in those days. Moya's music adds to that feeling :)
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Postby Armand » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:41 am

I'll skip this one
Live you own life !
The only one responsable for it is you !
Armand

Postby Dab051176 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:08 am

I'm thinking about it..... :wink: I've been getting hung up on how to get directly to Rotterdam, but have just realised it's only 20 minutes or so on the train from Schipol (well, according to the ns.nl website, anyway) - and I can get to Amsterdam easily enough from Liverpool!

To be honest, it would be easier (and quicker!) for me if a gig in Monkstown comes up again, but after missing out last year due to bad weather, I wouldn't say no to a Christmas gig if I can get the time off work - if it means coming over to the Netherlands this time, I'll just have to get planning! :P
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Phantas » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:54 pm

Dab051176 wrote:I'm thinking about it..... :wink: I've been getting hung up on how to get directly to Rotterdam, but have just realised it's only 20 minutes or so on the train from Schipol (well, according to the ns.nl website, anyway) - and I can get to Amsterdam easily enough from Liverpool!

To be honest, it would be easier (and quicker!) for me if a gig in Monkstown comes up again, but after missing out last year due to bad weather, I wouldn't say no to a Christmas gig if I can get the time off work - if it means coming over to the Netherlands this time, I'll just have to get planning! :P

Hmm...20 minutes? Guess that must be the expensive fast train then! Normally it takes about an hour by train to get to Amsterdam from Rotterdam (and vice versa). The fast train is called the Fyra, and it's more expensive than the regular trains. I don't travel a lot with the NS myself so things may have changed but this is just something I've picked up from the news and such over time.

Is it really that difficult to get from Liverpool to Rotterdam directly?
Anyways, good luck! Hope you can make it :)
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Next

Return to Moya live