Music of Clannad

Discuss anything about Moya and her music

Moderator: All Moderators

Music of Clannad

Postby romula » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:21 pm

I want to buy all the cd's from Clannad. But not every CD is availablee on the cd shop like bol.com. Can you get cheaper the cd's if you buy it all? Is there a Dutch company for that?
romula

Postby Hester » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:33 pm

I suggest you go to sites like marktplaats.nl and ebay...
Second hand record shops might also sell them!
This is how I completed my collection, good luck!
:D
Love takes off the mask we fear we cannot live without an know we cannot live within - James Baldwin
Hester
Addicted to Moya

Postby Dubhy63 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:02 pm

Amazon has a good collection and the CD's have a reasonable price. :D
* No man ever wore a scarf as warm as his daughter’s arm around his neck.*
Dubhy63
Addicted to Moya

Postby Dab051176 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:01 pm

HMV.com has a good selection too, but although the CDs are reasonably priced, the delivery seems to be more expensive, particularly as you're outside of the UK. It's still worth a look if there are CDs that you can't get elsewhere, though.

Good luck! :D
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby RunrigCorvusCoraxFan » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:38 am

Whilst Amazon doesn;t have a dutch version; any amazon site will ship to Netherlands. Check with the seller; but the majority of them will ship to Europe; I know this from experience as I ordered from amazon.de. Other sites are good disogs, like ebay which have stuff for sell, only difference is there isnt an auction unless you count buy it now. Gemm is really good; so is musicstack and Netsounds music. I haven;t found any Clannad in my HMV; online may work but I think only stocks a few titles. Allcelticmusic is a good site, not sure about musicinscotland and musicscotland.

I dont think the shipping on hmv is that expensive tbh.

Shipping

Each item on your order will be charged and shipped out to you separately, as soon as it is available in our warehouse.

Please ensure that your shipping address details are correct, as they are used exactly as inputted by yourself when submitting your order. We are not responsible for orders with incorrect or missing information should they not reach you.

You have a choice of Shipping Methods, and the following delivery times can be used as a guideline and will depend on stock availability.

The following delivery times can be used as a guideline and will depend on stock availability:

UK Standard Delivery: This will be despatched with free delivery via Standard UK Mail. We would advise that packages usually sent by this method are received within 2-5 working days from dispatch.

UK Express Delivery: Orders will be sent out via either Royal Mail Special Delivery, Parcelforce or Yodel (formerly HDNL). A signature will be required upon receipt. Packages despatched by this method to UK mainland addresses are usually received within 24 hours of shipment (excluding Saturday / Sunday). Orders shipped after 3pm may take 48 hours to be delivered. Please note, orders to some outer UK locations, such as Northern Ireland, may take up to 48 hours to be delivered from shipment. You will be charged a shipping cost for each item placed on your order of £6.60.

Standard Airmail: You will be charged a shipping cost for each item placed on your order - Europe £2.50, Rest Of The World £4.50. Upon entering the shipping country, deliveries will enter the postal system of the country concerned. It is our experience that goods delivered using this method arrive within 5-7 days of despatch for European destinations, and within 7-10 days of despatch for the Rest Of The World.

Overseas Courier Delivery: You will be charged a shipping cost for each item placed on your order - £27 Europe, £37 Rest Of The World. Orders will be dispatched using FedEx. This method is fully secure, and we can track and trace the shipment for you. Orders placed by this method should reach you within 2-3 days of despatch for European destinations, and within 3-5 days of despatch for the Rest Of The World. Orders sent via this method will require a signature upon receipt.
Delivery Costs
UK deliveries

Orders placed via Standard Delivery will be shipped to you postage free.

Orders placed via Express Delivery will incur a £6.60 postage charge per item.
Overseas deliveries

Owing to the many different combinations of items that may form an order, it is difficult to offer a universal shipping cost.

If you wish to find out the delivery costs for a specific order, you may wish to place all the required items into your Shopping Bag and proceed to the Checkout page.

There is no obligation to buy at this point, but you can glance at the shipping costs by the various shipping methods. If you wish to go ahead with the purchase, you may then submit your order.

Standard airmail is cheaper so you could use that option.[/quote]
RunrigCorvusCoraxFan
Enthusiastic Member

Postby SaskiaS » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:51 am

With amazon.com make sure to check whether or not you buy from Amazon directly or from a third company. The third companies all have their own charges, so in one order (combining more suppliers) you can have several times transportcharges. Furthermore, a few months ago we ordered some cd's at the same time, because they did not fit in an envelope they were sent in a package --> we had to pay quite a lot of import-duties to dutch customs.

Why not look in musicstores first, then buy what you can from the internet. Also...perhaps you can hint people that you would like to get them as a present?

I would say, don't buy them all at once, leave something to be desired. Than you can have several times fun about your new cd's...
SaskiaS

Postby Phantas » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:22 pm

Also, you're better off / cheaper when you buy from Amazon .co.uk or .com instead of the German shop. German shipping costs are higher!
lost in the aether, leave a message...
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Postby romula » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:22 pm

I got now most of the albums of Clannand (-:

Clannad (1973)
Clannad 2 (1974)
Dulaman (1973)
Clannad in concert (1978) (NOT)
Crann Ull (1980) (NOT)
Fuaim (1982) (NOT)
Magical Ring (1982)/ contains "Theme from Harry's Game"
Legend (1984) /"Robin of Sherwood" soundtrack
Macalla (1985) / contains "In a Lifetime"
Ring Of Gold (1986) /live concert bootleg (NOT, don't like bootlegs!)
Sirius (1987)
Past Present (1989) - Best of with 2 new tracks (NOT, 2 tracks more...)
Anam (1990)
Banba (1993) / contains "I will find you" from "last of the Mohicans"
Lore (1996)
Landmarks (1998) / Grammy winner

Atlantic Realm (1989)
The Angel And The Soldier Boy (1989) (NOT)
romula

Postby RunrigCorvusCoraxFan » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:15 pm

When I ordered on Amazon.de it was cheap; as I got a figure how much it all costs. The shipping in Germany shouldn't be high as its in EU.

Don't forget in a lifetime the best of clannad. :)
RunrigCorvusCoraxFan
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Phantas » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:41 am

RunrigCorvusCoraxFan wrote:When I ordered on Amazon.de it was cheap; as I got a figure how much it all costs. The shipping in Germany shouldn't be high as its in EU.

Don't forget in a lifetime the best of clannad. :)

I did a comparison once on one and the same product - it turned out the price from US and UK was less than the price I would be paying if I got it from the german Amazon!! I didn't get it - Germany and the Netherlands are (direct) neighbours and yet it was way more expensive.
The product itself was more expensively priced in Germany, and the converted price in USD or GBP was cheaper, hence the difference. The German Amazon is more expensive that way.

Also, I found that Uk is very fast with shipping as well! It all depends on where you live but it definitely pays off to check the other Amazon sites out before buying anything! :)
lost in the aether, leave a message...
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Postby Dubhy63 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:46 pm

I usually order from Amazon UK and agree that their shipping is quite fast.Another advantage is that it's delivered to my door,it would cost me more to go into town and buy it there. :D
Dubhy63
Addicted to Moya

Postby Armand » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:07 pm

You can also try play.com (free delivery worldwide) for Clannad and/or Moya Brennan cd's
Live you own life !
The only one responsable for it is you !
Armand

Postby RunrigCorvusCoraxFan » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:15 pm

True; but I wont mind if the CD is used as long as long the CD/Vinyl is in a good conditon.
RunrigCorvusCoraxFan
Enthusiastic Member

Postby romula » Mon May 02, 2011 7:34 pm

why are not all CD's available? Band like u2: Of all the CDs are available just yet
romula

Postby Dubhy63 » Mon May 02, 2011 8:08 pm

There could be various reasons why some Moya/Clannad CD's are not available,this often depends on the country.Looking abroad often results in a positive outcome,I had this experience in the past.
Regarding the U2 CD's, it's not entirely true that all are still available,the older versions in particular.Most of the albums have been remastered,one has to be lucky to come across the original version ( often a limited edition too). :)
Dubhy63
Addicted to Moya

Next

Return to General