Seanchas Music Video

News, Nostalgia, etc.

Moderators: wonky_eggs, mise, Grania, Banba Óir, All Moderators

Seanchas Music Video

Postby hermeyjdi » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:41 am

Does anyone know if Clannad's music video for the song Seanchas on youtube?? I can't find it there. I do however find it online on other sites. Just wondering if someone is planning to put it on youtube?
Jesus said to Peter, "feed my sheep not experiment on my rats" -C S Lewis
User avatar
hermeyjdi
Addicted to Moya
 
Posts: 1445
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:02 am
Location: Nashville, TN USA

Re: Seanchas Music Video

Postby wonky_eggs » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:07 pm

Moya's official YouTube channel had it, but BMG's copyright issues means it automatically got blocked - even though it was official promotion. Crazy! :roll: :lol:
User avatar
wonky_eggs
Moderator
 
Posts: 1291
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:44 am
Location: Yorkshire, England

Postby Dab051176 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:19 pm

Yes, sadly, WMG and their merry men have decimated that channel. :(

A real pity, because as Barry says it was official promotion (even though it wasn't particularly labelled as such). I'm afraid I still don't follow the logic of all of that - watching a video on YouTube wouldn't prevent me from buying an album - if anything it would possibly encourage me to buy it......or am I missing something? :?
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
User avatar
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya
 
Posts: 1299
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:00 pm
Location: Flintshire, North Wales

Postby Phantas » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Dab051176 wrote:Yes, sadly, WMG and their merry men have decimated that channel. :(

A real pity, because as Barry says it was official promotion (even though it wasn't particularly labelled as such). I'm afraid I still don't follow the logic of all of that - watching a video on YouTube wouldn't prevent me from buying an album - if anything it would possibly encourage me to buy it......or am I missing something? :?


I believe the logic of it is that BMG does not get any money out of folks watching such videos on Youtube.... :roll:
lost in the aether, leave a message...
User avatar
Phantas
Addicted to Moya
 
Posts: 1176
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2003 6:51 pm
Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands

Postby Luned » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:33 pm

Dab051176 wrote:Yes, sadly, WMG and their merry men have decimated that channel. :(

A real pity, because as Barry says it was official promotion (even though it wasn't particularly labelled as such). I'm afraid I still don't follow the logic of all of that - watching a video on YouTube wouldn't prevent me from buying an album - if anything it would possibly encourage me to buy it......or am I missing something? :?

I don't follow the logic behind YouTube copyrights policies, either. What with that "Robin the Hooded Man" video, which has apparently been taken from a Polish tv channel, but is yet unavailable for me to watch? :?
User avatar
Luned
Addicted to Moya
 
Posts: 1018
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:19 pm
Location: Poland

Postby Dubhy63 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:05 pm

For WMG and similar companies counts only one thing,the money.They protect their copyright which is not more than we would expect but are too strict as we can see in the case of the Seanchas video.Like Dave said,videos are mainly to encourage people to buy the product,derailing their own promotion is not the cleverest thing to do.
Beside this we have de price of the downloads from the official channels,they are almost the same as one would pay for a CD.Lowering the prices would encourage people to get their music from these channels,but they must be afraid of losing out on money.People will keep using the unofficial channels to get their music or videos as long as the record companies keep following their ' strange ' policy. :D
* No man ever wore a scarf as warm as his daughter’s arm around his neck.*
User avatar
Dubhy63
Addicted to Moya
 
Posts: 4069
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:19 am
Location: Baile Átha Cliath - Éire

Postby hermeyjdi » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:15 pm

I wish I could buy the video on itunes cause I would. I must admit that I have a program that allows me to download youtube videos to my ipod. I know that this is probably frowned upon but since I can't always purchase music videos I don't have a problem doing this. the Seanchas video is the only Clannad and Moya music video that I haven't downloaded cause it isn't on youtube. If I could purchase all these videos online I would delete them off my ipod and purchase them as they would be better quality.
Jesus said to Peter, "feed my sheep not experiment on my rats" -C S Lewis
User avatar
hermeyjdi
Addicted to Moya
 
Posts: 1445
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:02 am
Location: Nashville, TN USA

Postby Phantas » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:35 am

Dubhy63 wrote:For WMG and similar companies counts only one thing,the money.They protect their copyright which is not more than we would expect but are too strict as we can see in the case of the Seanchas video.Like Dave said,videos are mainly to encourage people to buy the product,derailing their own promotion is not the cleverest thing to do.
Beside this we have de price of the downloads from the official channels,they are almost the same as one would pay for a CD.Lowering the prices would encourage people to get their music from these channels,but they must be afraid of losing out on money.People will keep using the unofficial channels to get their music or videos as long as the record companies keep following their ' strange ' policy. :D


Not only that, but the guys behind Youtube will definitely demand some sort of salary for their work of keeping the site and the various channels up. Thus, more moneyloss, without a clear estimate on profit of views.

Regardless....Youtube has increased the discussion of this because their business is so open it hasn't occurred yet to the established business that the world is changing.... :D That deserves some applause!
lost in the aether, leave a message...
User avatar
Phantas
Addicted to Moya
 
Posts: 1176
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2003 6:51 pm
Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands

Postby RunrigCorvusCoraxFan » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:20 pm

RunrigCorvusCoraxFan
Enthusiastic Member
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:58 pm

Postby Luned » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:16 pm

RunrigCorvusCoraxFan wrote:Luned http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEwkKh-j0lU

I know it's there! The one with "3 z 1" (3 songs from 1 artist, that is) in the right upper corner, isn't it? and I still can't access it, because it's been blocked in my country due to copyright policies.
User avatar
Luned
Addicted to Moya
 
Posts: 1018
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:19 pm
Location: Poland

Postby Phantas » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:53 pm

Luned wrote:
RunrigCorvusCoraxFan wrote:Luned http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEwkKh-j0lU

I know it's there! The one with "3 z 1" (3 songs from 1 artist, that is) in the right upper corner, isn't it? and I still can't access it, because it's been blocked in my country due to copyright policies.


Just curious, have you tried opening the link in a seperate tab? Sometimes the embedded link doesn't work but you can access it seperately without any problems.
lost in the aether, leave a message...
User avatar
Phantas
Addicted to Moya
 
Posts: 1176
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2003 6:51 pm
Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands

Postby Luned » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:02 pm

Phantas wrote:
Luned wrote:
RunrigCorvusCoraxFan wrote:Luned http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEwkKh-j0lU

I know it's there! The one with "3 z 1" (3 songs from 1 artist, that is) in the right upper corner, isn't it? and I still can't access it, because it's been blocked in my country due to copyright policies.


Just curious, have you tried opening the link in a seperate tab? Sometimes the embedded link doesn't work but you can access it seperately without any problems.

Thanks for the tip, but it's not that the link won't work, it works, it's the announcement on YouTube I see when I want to watch the clip which says it's not available in my country, while I could access it before. I find this rather strange, but never mind.
User avatar
Luned
Addicted to Moya
 
Posts: 1018
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:19 pm
Location: Poland

Postby RunrigCorvusCoraxFan » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:19 pm

RunrigCorvusCoraxFan
Enthusiastic Member
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:58 pm

Postby Luned » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:15 pm

RunrigCorvusCoraxFan wrote:http://ptysio1234.wrzuta.pl/film/7ga6bAL5nM4/clannad_robin_the_hooded_man

try this

Oh, thank you so much for finding this for me :D
User avatar
Luned
Addicted to Moya
 
Posts: 1018
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:19 pm
Location: Poland

Postby RunrigCorvusCoraxFan » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:28 pm

If you want a high quality version; http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x282pd ... hood_music
RunrigCorvusCoraxFan
Enthusiastic Member
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:58 pm


Return to Clannad

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest