Lets start a thread about the Netherlands tour...

Memories of shows, dreams of shows to come

Moderators: wonky_eggs, nessieq, mise, Grania, Banba Óir, All Moderators

Postby Yvonne » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:48 am

Hello everyone,

Here is the setlist of Heusden Zolder and Tilburg. It was exactly the same both times:

1. My Match is a Makin'
2. Oro
3. Crann Ull
4. Alasdair MacColla
5. Broken Pieces
6. Tunes: Harpsong/Hobnobs
7. Tara
8. Theme from Harry's Game
9 Sinead Madden Honey Promises
10. Perfect Time
11. Against the Wind

Break

1. She moved through the Fair
2. Gathering Mushrooms
3. Many Faces
4. Falling
5. Na Paisti
6. Carolan's Concerto
7. An Seanduine Doite
8. Tell me now (what you see)
9. Sailing Away
10. Black Night
11. Oro Se do Bheatha 'Bhaile

Encore

12. I will find you
13. Teidhir Abhaile Riu

What can I say? It was amazing as ever, although I have to say that Tilburg was much better than Heusden Zolder. The sound quality in Heusden was not so good, for example Moya's voice sounded a bit sharp sometimes which was not the case at all in Tilburg. Also the atmosphere was much nicer in Tilburg. We had great seats both times. The setlist was different from last year, which was very nice. I think it is good to have some variation. The biggest surprises for me were Broken Pieces and Tell me Now. Broken Pieces was not a song I would expect, but very beautiful and Tell me Now is such a brilliant song, great to hear that one live. Oró was amazing too, still such a lovely track and more beautiful in this version than on the CD, I think. Some tracks should always be on the setlist, like Tara, Many Faces, Sailing Away and Against the Wind. They are such great songs. Perfect Time is also always a special moment. I liked the singing along to Oró se do bheatha bhaile a lot too, very nice!

I was so happy to see my friends Franz and Simi again who went to both concerts with me. My husband also went to the first one. We were lucky enough to talk to Moya and Cormac too, which was also great, they were both very kind. I got the new CD Voices and Harps and it does sound different than My Match is a Makin, especially Longing to see you and it has one new track, not two (Go brach is the same song as Mo Mhian). Moya told me that there will be another Dutch Tour next Spring so we will definitely go again! We had a great time and I am already looking forward to next year :D !

Love,

Yvonne
"Let Your Love surround me. Light my heart to carry on"
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Dubhy63 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:02 pm

Great to hear that you enjoyed the concerts Yvonne,you're also one of the lucky people who got their hands on Voices & Harps.I have to wait a while before I can see one of Moya's concerts again,but I'm always looking forward when it gets to that stage. :D
* No man ever wore a scarf as warm as his daughter’s arm around his neck.*
Dubhy63
Addicted to Moya

Postby Dab051176 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:07 pm

I'd heard the set list was "different" to the past, but I wasn't expecting it to be that different!!!! :shock: :wink:

Glad you enjoyed it, Yvonne - thanks for posting! :)
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Hester » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:15 am

Dab051176 wrote:I'd heard the set list was "different" to the past, but I wasn't expecting it to be that different!!!! :shock: :wink:

:lol: :D :lol: :wink:

Yes it was Dave! And it was really good!!
But since you're an experienced Moya-gigger yourself, you'll probably hear it soon! :lol: :wink:
Love takes off the mask we fear we cannot live without an know we cannot live within - James Baldwin
Hester
Addicted to Moya

Postby Armand » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:47 pm

I have also been to Heusden-Zolder and Tilburg and enjoyed them both.
Live you own life !
The only one responsable for it is you !
Armand

Postby Dab051176 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:57 pm

Hester wrote:But since you're an experienced Moya-gigger yourself, you'll probably hear it soon! :lol: :wink:

Well, I have been to one or two gigs, yes.....*whistles innocently*!!! :mrgreen:

Glad to see everyone enjoyed it - Now we've got some more info on it, I might drag myself over to the Netherlands for one or two of the gigs in 2012! :D
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby PierreC » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:36 pm

Personnal bad management forced me to withdraw from the Arnhem and Tilburg concerts.

I had hotel reservations in Amsterdam those dates and i found the travelling in between cities to be stressfull :oops: going in Tilburg when the last train back to Amsterdam after the show was at 11h30 PM

i should have done what i did for the first 3 gigs; get an hotel in the city where Moya was performing.

Ahh you are always learning.

Anyway i had a great time in Tulip land. Expensive country :P but friendly and beautiful.

And Moya and Sinnead where as friendly as ever before. Great people At least i saw Suzann in Almere.
PierreC
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Hester » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:40 pm

PierreC wrote:Anyway i had a great time in Tulip land. Expensive country :P but friendly and beautiful.

Tulip land :lol: I like that!
Glad you enjoyed yourself!
Love takes off the mask we fear we cannot live without an know we cannot live within - James Baldwin
Hester
Addicted to Moya

Postby Dubhy63 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:27 pm

I'm glad that you enjoyed your time in Holland Pierre,but I'm afraid that you got the wrong information regarding the trains.It's possible to get from both cities to Amsterdam by train after 11.30PM on a Sunday night. :D
* No man ever wore a scarf as warm as his daughter’s arm around his neck.*
Dubhy63
Addicted to Moya

Postby Yvonne » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:46 pm

Armand wrote:I have also been to Heusden-Zolder and Tilburg and enjoyed them both.

Well, I didn't say that I didn't enjoy Heusden Zolder, I did :D it was very good, but I thought Tilburg was even better! :D :D

Yes, the setlist was pretty different from last year's. Who knows which unexpected songs we will hear next year... :)

@Dubhy, I am very happy to have Voices and Harps. I was hoping it would be there and it was :D It is nice to compare it with My Match is a Makin. On the whole I think it does sound better, but I really should listen to it more often (haven't had a lot of time yet!) I hope you will get it soon too!

Love,

Yvonne
"Let Your Love surround me. Light my heart to carry on"
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

Postby PierreC » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:21 am

The train guy print me a copy of the train departure times...and it says last departure just after 11h30...with a train change somewhere in Holland at around 1h AM !!

To late for me in a country you dont know much. I rent a car for the first 3 gigs, i should have done the same thing for the other two gigs, since your highways are immaculate !

Now on to the next tour...or gigs ! :D
PierreC
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Susann » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:03 am

Nice to hear from all of you. I was to the concerts in Almere and Gouda. Both concerts were fantastic but I think the audience in Gouda was more enthusastic. To meet some forumers like Pierre and Annemieke (I don't know the right spelling) and the boys gang :wink: was very nice. I have taken many photos but the last weeks I have had problems with my internet at home so I could not create a photo link up to now. But I hope the problems will be solved next week.

I was not only to Moya's concerts. Between the concerts in Almere and Gouda I had time to see Amsterdam. It was my first time there. I walked through the city and some museums for almost 15 hours. Thank God that I wore good shoes. I left the hotel around 8 a.m. and went to the Anne Frank House. The museum opens at 9 a.m. and so I was one of the first persons there. (Later I saw a huge queue.) It was very moving and sometimes a cold shiver run down my spine. I walked along the canals which was very nice. I had a look in the House Boat Museum and I was around two hours in the Van Gogh Museum. There was also a Picasso exhibition. It was a wonderful day.
The next morning I took the train to Gouda. This is a lovely small town. The weather was great again and so I strolled there until I could go to the concert. On Monday I went back to Germany.

I hope that I can show you the photos next week.
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. (Oscar Wilde)
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

Postby PierreC » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:47 pm

Short trip in Amsterdam dear Suzann ! :lol:

I spent 8 nights there ! Seen just about everything in that city. My favorite corner is Rembrandt Square. Great place
PierreC
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Armand » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:09 pm

We went together to the Tilburg show with our mum (age 84).
She never heard Moya or Clannad songs before and she loved it very much.
Live you own life !
The only one responsable for it is you !
Armand

Postby Susann » Sun May 01, 2011 2:24 pm

Susann wrote:I was not only to Moya's concerts. Between the concerts in Almere and Gouda I had time to see Amsterdam. It was my first time there. I walked through the city and some museums for almost 15 hours. Thank God that I wore good shoes. I left the hotel around 8 a.m. and went to the Anne Frank House. The museum opens at 9 a.m. and so I was one of the first persons there. (Later I saw a huge queue.) It was very moving and sometimes a cold shiver run down my spine. I walked along the canals which was very nice. I had a look in the House Boat Museum and I was around two hours in the Van Gogh Museum. There was also a Picasso exhibition. It was a wonderful day.
The next morning I took the train to Gouda. This is a lovely small town. The weather was great again and so I strolled there until I could go to the concert. On Monday I went back to Germany.

And here are the photos to my short report https://picasaweb.google.com/Susann177/ ... April2011#
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. (Oscar Wilde)
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

PreviousNext

Return to Moya live