Gweedore trip

Have you been there? Are you going? Share your experience

Moderators: gregoing, mise, Grania, All Moderators

Postby Puha » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:06 am

Hi, everybody! I'm back!
We was in Ireland and in Gweedore too. It was very fantastic. The irish people are so nice and curious. They ask always, they dont meet hungarian tourists.

In Gweedore we was in Glenveagh National Park, saw tha castle. We took some photos about church in Poisoned Glen and the boat on shore. We was in Dunlewy Lake too - with a very kindly boatman.

And of course we was in Leo's. The first time the pub was closed, but on Friday it was open. The bartender said, the last night was a familian event. We took so many photos, and I gave a gift: a fridge magnet - the building of pub. :)

Our accomodation was in Bunbeg, even Leos and even Bunbeg wasn"t live music. But in our first weekend in Ireland we was in a pub (near gap of dunloe), where was a big live event, full house... :) it was great!

http://s143.photobucket.com/albums/r154 ... /?start=60
This album contains my pics about the full trip, and the Gweedore-pics start in page 4.
Puha

Postby Piotr Cú Chulainn » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:34 pm

I'm happy for you. The trip must have been great....Leo's Tavern is great isn't it? All these pictures of Clannad and Enya on the walls. They are great. I wonder if you tried the food?....greetings
"Follow your dreams"
Piotr Cú Chulainn
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Puha » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:19 pm

Oh, the pub realy was great :) Just I stand in the door, and I wondered.... The bartender know in on time: she is a subsequent fan :) I saw a realy gold-disc (from my fashion albums), and this was an important thing for me.
Of course, we ate, I ate a fine, spicy, in red wine and marinired steak. In Hungary there isnt steak, so this was a realy speciality for me.
I love the whole countryside. The parcel oposite the ruined church is sale! If I have a money.... :roll:
Puha

Postby RunrigCorvusCoraxFan » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:27 pm

Great pictures, reminds me of Uist ;) The landscape are similar :)
RunrigCorvusCoraxFan
Enthusiastic Member

Previous

Return to Leos Tavern