Lets start a thread about the Netherlands tour...

Memories of shows, dreams of shows to come

Moderators: wonky_eggs, nessieq, mise, Grania, Banba Óir, All Moderators

Lets start a thread about the Netherlands tour...

Postby PierreC » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:28 pm

Whose going ?

And to what cities ? Im going to Enschede, Almere, Steenwijk, Zolder and Tillburg.

Tillburg is not 100 % sure. Its the last of the tour and the day before my departure back home. If im not capable i will give my reservation to someone from this site who lives close by.
PierreC
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Yvonne » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:47 pm

Hi Pierre,

Good idea :D !

I will be going to Heusden Zolder and Tilburg and I am looking forward to it VERY much! Also because I will be seeing my dear friends Simi and Franz again who will be joining me :D

It's the first time that I am going to 2 concerts in one tour but I had such a fantastic time last year (and the years before that too) that I couldn't resist buying tickets for 2 concerts this time. For the Heusden Zolder concert I have the best possible seats: first row in the middle and for Tilburg second row, which is also pretty good.

I am already very curious about the setlist. Will there be some surprises again? I remember there were some unexpected songs last year, like the Poison Glen and Where I Stand which were great. It must be difficult to choose from so many great songs!

I expect that I may be the only one here who is going to Heusden Zolder because it is in Belgium or is anyone else going? And Pierre, may be I will see you in Tilburg! :D

Love,

Yvonne
"Let Your Love surround me. Light my heart to carry on"
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

Postby PierreC » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:54 pm

It would be an honor to meet you...i probably will have to yell YVONNE YVONNE !! because i dont know what you look like :D . Your avatar doesnt show much.

Zolder is in Belgium. Its another not so sure concert for me. I got a reservation but, once in Amsterdam if its to complicated to go over there i might skip. The first 3 concerts of the tour are a lock for me.

Is it complicated to cross the Belgium border ? Traffic ? Armed guards ! lol :lol:
Last edited by PierreC on Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PierreC
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Dab051176 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:42 pm

PierreC wrote: Is it complicated to cross the Belgium border ? Traffic ? Armed guards ! lol :lol:

Definitely not, Pierre! :wink: The last time I travelled between the two, we barely had to stop at the border - although as a non-European Union citizen, you'll probably have bit longer than we did at passport control! :P I wouldn't have thought you'll have too many problems though. From what I can see, you don't need a visa for either country, provided you're not planning on staying for more than 3 months (and I assume you're not!!!!), so you should be able to enjoy yourself without too much "red tape".

This website might help you, too: http://www.worldtravelguide.net/

After a lot of thought, I've decided not to go to the Dutch gigs - they all seem to be a bit too far from airports etc. to be practical. Trying to use public transport will be a bit tricky, as I don't know what I'm up against - particularly with a wheelchair. Besides, Dún Laoghaire in a couple of weeks is more than compensation (Thanks for adding that one to the schedule, Moya - it's saved me a lot of planning)!!!!! :mrgreen: To those who are going, have a great time.
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Susann » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:45 am

I look forward to Almere and Gouda. See you in Almere, Pierre.

Bye the way, I would be very surprised if there were a passport control between Holland and Belgium. You can travel from one country to the other without control. You mostly realise that you are in an other country only because of the road signs.
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. (Oscar Wilde)
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

Postby nancykrijnen » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:07 pm

:( Poor me, I cannot visit a concert. :cry:
nancykrijnen
Enthusiastic Member

Postby PierreC » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:25 pm

Its amazing how easy it is to travel from country to country in Europe. Im Canadian and use to go to the USA. To cross the board in the States is another game, they even snif your underwear ! :D

In Poland once you land you have two choices the door or the custom, its your decision ! im always surprise when i see that. It was the same in Germany and England and all the European cities ive landed, not much surveillance.

See you in Almere Susann ! ...unless a major catastrophy ! :oops:

Where is your seat ? mine is front row in the middle.

I though about going to Gouda also (great cheese ! :lol) but if you look at the map that would make too much criss crossing in the country for me.

On another topic, i still have my regular decision to take; train or car hire. :?

Is it easy to drive let say from Amsterdam to the first gig in Enschede ? I think it much easier to drive in NL compare with Poland ?

I enjoyed the train in Poland, a first for me. But i think it can save time if i drive...right ? :roll:
PierreC
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Yvonne » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:16 pm

I completely overlooked that you are (may be) also going to Heusden Zolder, Pierre! I read your list but somehow I just didn't see it :oops: . It will be no problem at all to go from the Netherlands to Belgium as some others have already mentioned. You will probably hardly notice it! It is a long drive from Amsterdam, I think, but you are more used to travelling than I am! So may be you don't really mind.

You are right, I have no avatar. I did try a long time ago, but it didn't work and after that I just gave up. I am not very good with these things. Yelling my name is probably the best thing to do :mrgreen:

Love,

Yvonne
"Let Your Love surround me. Light my heart to carry on"
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Susann » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:59 am

PierreC wrote: Where is your seat ? mine is front row in the middle.

I have got row 1 seat 14.
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. (Oscar Wilde)
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

Postby PierreC » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:39 pm

well it seems that we are neighbourg Susan...or close ! lol i dont know the number of my seat yet...i hope its not ...euh 14 ! :shock:

Again, the first 3 concerts are a lock, Zolder and Tillburg are questionnable. It depends on how easy it is to move from one city to another. I read somewhere that to catch a train from schipol to let say Enschede is very easy, directly from the airport. Thats good. Im landing at 7h30 AM and a quick train at 9AM to Enschede sounds like a good alternative.

But i still have over a month to make up my mind. You still have to get off the train and find your hotel and without a car sometimes that hotel is very far. I remember in Wroclaw coming off the train in a snowstorm wearing my favorite sneaker and French Canadian accent i didnt look to good , specially with a foot of snow on the ground ! :oops:

But i presume we wont see any snow in NL in april ! :lol:

And Susann my dear Dublin resident :wink: are you aware of any good historical spots that i should look for ? Specially in the cities that Moya tour ?

just askin... :wink:

And to Yvonne since i dont know what you look like and if you want to meet me you will have to spot a lonely french Canadian probably in the front row. And if hear someone who clap to early...its me ! (this is what Moya told me in Warsaw :D )
PierreC
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Banba Óir » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:24 pm

Almere row 1 seat 9 is taken too :D

regards :wink:
Ed
webmaster of the Clannad Newsblog at www.clannad.nl
Banba Óir

Postby Susann » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:21 pm

Ed and Pierre, I look forward the concert and meeting you :) :) :).
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Phantas » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:02 pm

Hi guys, hope you have fun on your Dutch concerts.

I've opened a seperate thread but as it's somewhat related I'm gonna place the link to it here:

http://forums.moyabrennan.com/viewtopic.php?t=3374

Just in case you hadn't seen or read it yet :)

Love,
Phantas
lost in the aether, leave a message...
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Postby PierreC » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:54 pm

add Arnhem to my list. Since i cant get a decent hotel at a decent price in Amsterdam ithat week-end m going to Arnhem for the april 15th gig.

Thats number 5 on my list :lol:

front row again ..of course.

So expensive Amsterdam this season. :oops:

By the way the countdown is on...just a few days now. :D
PierreC
Enthusiastic Member

Postby mise » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:50 am

I was in Almere and have had an absolutely amazing time. Such a strong start of the show, wonderful light and artwork and a genuinly refreshing selection of songs. The word that would say it all: SPARKLING!!!

I feel very lucky that I get to go again tonight.
Cherish all your happy moments: They make a fine cushion for old age
mise

Next

Return to Moya live