Moya Brennan In Celtic Rock Opera Excalibur

Discuss anything about Moya and her music

Moderator: All Moderators

Moya Brennan In Celtic Rock Opera Excalibur

Postby Banba Óir » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:11 pm

Moya Brennan is contracted to be part of the Celtic Rock Opera "Excalibur" in 2011. Also the lead voice of the Scottish folk rock band "Runrig", Bruce Guthro, is part of the show. For these two artists Alan Simon composed some new outstanding songs, which you can hear for the first time on the new tour. The "Excalibur" tour 2011 starts in January with shows in Germany, ticket sale starts in August 2010. For more look at the "Excalibur" website. http://www.excalibur-show.com/en/home.html

regards :wink:
Ed
webmaster of the Clannad Newsblog at www.clannad.nl
Banba Óir

Postby Phantas » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:45 am

I read this in the newsletter yesterday, and went WOW! I wonder if this show will hit Dutch soil ?? This is one thing I would not want to miss...

Arthurian legend and Moya in one and the same show, it couldn't get better IMHO! :D

Love,
Phantas
lost in the aether, leave a message...
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Postby Susann » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:25 am

Phantas wrote:I read this in the newsletter yesterday, and went WOW!

Yes, I was thinking the same when I got the newsletter yesterday :D :o :D. I immediately checked the venus. I will go to Hannover on the 15th January. Phantas, what about Dortmund? It's not too far from you.
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. (Oscar Wilde)
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Susann » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:43 pm

Last Saturday I was to „Excalibur“ in Hannover. It was a fantastic show!!! Not only the audience enjoyed it very much I suppose the musicians and artists on stage had also a lot of fun. They had to give two encores which is very unusual for such a show. Here are some photos http://picasaweb.google.com/Susann177/E ... RockOpera#
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. (Oscar Wilde)
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Yvonne » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:16 pm

Hi Susann,

Thanks for posting those great pictures.

I am glad that you had such a good time. It must have been a great experience. I would have loved to see it myself. May be A DVD release would be a good idea!

For now, I am looking forward to the Dutch Tour next April :D . Will you be coming to one or more of those concerts too?

Love,

Yvonne
"Let Your Love surround me. Light my heart to carry on"
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Susann » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:57 am

Hi Yvonne,

Yes, it was a fantastic night. A colleague of mine was there as well. He also enjoyed it very much. He didn't know Moya before but he knows my passion of course :wink:. He liked Moya's voice very much and he highlighted that he could understand every word she sang. And the best was that Moya saw me when all the performers were on stage at the end of the show (I was sitting/standing in row 3).

Yes, I will be to the Dutch Tour in April. I have bought tickets for the concerts in Almere (8 April) and Gouda (10 April). I have never been to Amsterdam and so it's a perfect possibility to spend the weekend there.

Have a nice weekend,
Susann
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Yvonne » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:16 am

How wonderful that Moya saw you! I can imagine that that was special. Also very nice that your colleague liked it so much!

It's great that you will also be coming to the Dutch Tour, unfortunately I won't be seeing you then. I am going to the concerts in Heusden (Belgium) and Tilburg. For me it has been a year then since I saw Moya live so I am really looking forward to it! :D

I also wish you a nice weekend!

Love,

Yvonne
"Let Your Love surround me. Light my heart to carry on"
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Grania » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:28 am

I spoke to Moya in Glasgow on Saturday and she said that Excalibur was amazing, looks it too! Sounds like quite a big event as well :shock:
Thanks for the pictures :D
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Phantas » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:21 pm

Hi Susann,

Thanks for the link to the Photos. Moya looks quite amazing, as well as the rest. Could you tell me what kind of show it was (i.e. singing, dancing, storytelling) and what kind of songs Moya sang? What role did she play?
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Postby Susann » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:12 pm

Hello Phantas, I don’t know how to describe this spectacle. It’s a mixture of folk, rock and classical music, dance and acrobatics. It’s a very colourful revue about the legend of King Arthur and his powerful sword Excalibur. Johnny Logan plays Arthur and Bruce Guthro is Lancelot. The German actor Michael Mendl is Merlin who tells the story (in German). Moya plays the small role (two songs) of Viviane, the Lady of the Lake, who forged Excalibur.

Here you can find everything about the show:
http://www.excalibur-show.com/en/home.html

Moya with „Sacrifice“
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x65-wHaVkvs
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Phantas » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:47 pm

Thanks Susann ;) It's good to see Moya with long hair again! :)

Love,
Phantas
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Postby hermeyjdi » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:59 am

I'm hoping someday they will do a soundtrack for the show so we can get Moya's song!
Jesus said to Peter, "feed my sheep not experiment on my rats" -C S Lewis
hermeyjdi
Addicted to Moya

Postby Armand » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:04 pm

Maybe it will be released because the other ones from Excalibur are also available on cd.
Live you own life !
The only one responsable for it is you !
Armand

Postby hermeyjdi » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:07 pm

Armand wrote:Maybe it will be released because the other ones from Excalibur are also available on cd.

That would be awesome.
Jesus said to Peter, "feed my sheep not experiment on my rats" -C S Lewis
hermeyjdi
Addicted to Moya

Return to General