Clannad at Temple Bar TradFest 2011

News, Nostalgia, etc.

Moderators: wonky_eggs, mise, Grania, Banba Óir, All Moderators

Postby wonky_eggs » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:05 am

After arguing with my bank trying to convince them that I've not stolen my own identity and that all these 'suspicious' Irish purchases are just me planning a little holiday (nice of them to bother calling me to tell me they'd blocked my card!), my IFI tickets are finally booked - see you there! :D
wonky_eggs

Postby Dab051176 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:06 pm

I've had the same conversation with my card provider more than once, so you're not alone! The difference being that I work for the company!!! :roll:
Think everything's sorted now, though.

BTW, does anybody know where we pick the tickets for the concert from - is it the Box Office at the Temple Bar Hotel, or the Cathedral?
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Dubhy63 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:35 pm

Dave,I'll give them a ring and let you all know about the tickets,it's the box office at the Temple Bar Hotel as far as I know. :)
* No man ever wore a scarf as warm as his daughter’s arm around his neck.*
Dubhy63
Addicted to Moya

Postby wonky_eggs » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:46 pm

Dubhy63 wrote:Dave,I'll give them a ring and let you all know about the tickets,it's the box office at the Temple Bar Hotel as far as I know. :)

Thanks, I was wondering that myself, I was going to give them a ring later in the week, but if you find out for sure first, much appreciated!
wonky_eggs

Postby Dab051176 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:23 pm

Thanks Dubhy, if you wouldn't mind checking that out, I'd be very grateful. I tried Emailing, but they haven't replied, and I'm on peculiar shifts at work this week - so it's unlikely I'm going to be able to call them.

If it is the Temple Bar Hotel, I can make a detour that way coming back from the IFI, then! :wink:
Dave

Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Dubhy63 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:30 pm

To everyone who has to collect tickets : They are available on the day of the concert in the lobby of the Temple Bar Hotel.

I rang Temple Bar Traders ,they have confirmed this. :)
Dubhy63
Addicted to Moya

Postby Susann » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:06 pm

Thanks for the information.

Tomorrow I'm flying to Dublin. :D :D :D

Last October I booked my flight for the 25 January from Dusseldorf at 8.35 pm. I decided to take the night flight and not the morning flight at 10.20 am because I would need only 3 days off work. But today at 5 pm I got a message that Aerlingus cancelled my flight :shock: :shock: :shock: . What to do now? I have a ticket for ALTAN on Wednesday and the only flight on Wednesday is the night flight. So I booked the early flight tomorrow. Thank God that I have a nice boss :).

See you in Dublin.
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. (Oscar Wilde)
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

Postby PierreC » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:25 pm

Great thread guys...

Does anyone know the meaning of the word Jealousy ?

Do you want me describe that feeling ? :cry:

I would LOOOOOVE to be with you guys. Ive never seen Clannad and i still dont know when if ever. My next trip is Holland for 5 Moya gigs but its still not Clannad.

I hope they announce a lenghty tour very soon. :lol:
PierreC
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Dab051176 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:04 pm

Dubhy63 wrote:To everyone who has to collect tickets : They are available on the day of the concert in the lobby of the Temple Bar Hotel.

Go raibh mile maith agat, Dubhy - That's saved me a lot of hassle on Saturday! :wink:

@Susann - I know the feeling. I had a flight booked with Aer Lingus too, but saw there were problems, so managed to get a Ryanair flight instead. Thankfully, it was a very cheap flight, and my hotel is happy for me to check in early - so I'm not losing much.

I never ever thought I'd say this, but Ryanair - you're a lifesaver! :wink: :P :mrgreen:

Oh, and Pierre - don't give up. Clannad concerts are admittedly quite rare these days, but never say never! :)
Dave

Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby wonky_eggs » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:03 pm

Dubhy63 wrote:To everyone who has to collect tickets : They are available on the day of the concert in the lobby of the Temple Bar Hotel.

Thank you so very much! I can pick mine up on the way to IFI from my hostel.

Susann, I'm glad you managed to get an alternative flight booked, it'd be dreadful if you couldn't at this short notice.

Is anyone going to any of the Barcó (de Barra brothers) concerts? (Ed's news: http://www.clannad.nl/2011/01/barco-at-temple-bar-tradfest.html ) There's one five minutes after the documentary on Sat and one on Sun, and it's on the same steet as the IFI.
wonky_eggs

Postby Dubhy63 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:35 am

I'm glad that everyone will be able to come over to the Fair City. Aer Lingus always seems to cause problems when there's something great going on in Dublin. :x

Susann,I'll be going to the Altan concert tomorrow,see you there :)

I haven't decided about the Barcó gigs yet ,but I'll post an update later.
Dubhy63
Addicted to Moya

Postby Dab051176 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:03 am

wonky_eggs wrote: Is anyone going to any of the Barcó (de Barra brothers) concerts? (Ed's news: http://www.clannad.nl/2011/01/barco-at-temple-bar-tradfest.html ) There's one five minutes after the documentary on Sat and one on Sun, and it's on the same steet as the IFI.

Thanks for the heads up - I'm going to try to get to the Saturday one! :)
Dave

Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:32 am

I don't believe it, I'm missing Clannad AND the DeBarras? (rude words!).

Oh well, have a GREAT time everyone - and Pierre, don't worry, I'm sure we'll get other chances :)
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Grania » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:47 am

Double posting I know, but I thought you might all like to see this:

http://www.rte.ie/tv/latelate/index.html

Clannad on the Late Late Show on Friday night with Anuna - can't claim the credit for finding it, the tip came from a certain singer... :)
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Dubhy63 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:49 pm

Grania, I have actually seen the performance on the Late Late Show ,but never thought of posting it on the forum,thanks for the heads up! :D

Update : The tickets will be at the boxoffice 'till 6.30PM,after this they can be collected at Christ Church venue

Call me mad for trad,but today's trip to the city centre has resulted in a 5 day music session.Altan,Beoga,Ciorras,Brendan Power,Tim Edey,Jackie Daly,Matt Cranitch,Dessie O'Halloran,the Cunningham Sean Nós Dancers, Mary Bergin,Paul de Grae,Clannad and Barcó are all on the menu. :)

Beside this I will be at the IFI on Saturday and Sunday for the screenings of several documentaries,to make a long story short it's time for ceol agus craic.
:mrgreen:
Dubhy63
Addicted to Moya

PreviousNext

Return to Clannad