The Unhappy hill :/

Your platform. Get to know each other (but don't forget about us!)

Moderator: All Moderators

Postby Dab051176 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:23 am

Looks like I'm going to miss out on another Moya concert.....and of all the ones to miss, it had to be the Christmas one.... :cry: :cry: :cry:

I haven't completely abandoned the idea yet, but it's looking ominously like the snow is about to return to the UK, and even if I can get to Monkstown, it's by no means certain I could get back! :shock:
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:13 am

I'm sure you'll be OK Dave, hang in there and don't give up yet!

Unhappy....well, worried, that I just recieved another assignment deadline this morning and I now have 4 pieces to do in 3 weeks over Christmas. I'm not saying it's not possible, but as I really have to take the 4th week out of my possible work time, 3 weeks for 4 or maybe 5 big assignments is pushing it a bit. I've e-mailed one tutor to try and negotiate the deadline - as it's an exam alternative and I'm the only one doing it it should hopefully be possible, fingers seriously crossed!
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Dab051176 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:35 pm

Grania wrote:I'm sure you'll be OK Dave, hang in there and don't give up yet!

Sadly, I've had to give up already, G. I've found out that I was able to get a refund on the ferry, but today was the last day that I could claim said refund. If I left it until tomorrow, I'd get nothing back. I know there's the Clannad gig in about 6 weeks to look forward to (fingers crossed!), but there's something special about those Christmas concerts. :(:(:(

Grania wrote: Unhappy....well, worried, that I just recieved another assignment deadline this morning and I now have 4 pieces to do in 3 weeks over Christmas. I'm not saying it's not possible, but as I really have to take the 4th week out of my possible work time, 3 weeks for 4 or maybe 5 big assignments is pushing it a bit.

Having been there, it's do-able - just pace yourself. Break it down into smaller pieces (i.e "I need to write (however many) words", and you might find it easier. If you can get an extension, of course, that'll help - and most tutors are more likely to think about it if you ask now, rather than later! Good luck! :)
Dave

Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby nessieq » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:05 pm

I hate dissertations.

'Nuff said?
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
nessieq

Postby Luned » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:41 pm

@ Dave: I hope you will make it to the gig in January, and maybe there will appear some other concert date that we don't know of yet (just speculating ;) )

@ Ness: but of course you *love* them. 8)
Luned
Addicted to Moya

Postby nessieq » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:17 pm

Of course! I must do, I'm begging my faculty to let me do another one for the next four years :/ Must be madder than I thought!
nessieq

Postby Luned » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:24 pm

Such maddness sounds familiar ;) I'm sure you'll be fine with your dissertation(s) :) (((((Ness)))))
Luned
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:38 pm

Has it snowed there already then Dave? I'm sorry you're not going...but at least you get to go to Clannad :)

....and there was me going to ask you to be messenger :lol:

I heard Your voice
Step By Step
Grania

Postby A_S » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:19 pm

nessieq wrote:Of course! I must do, I'm begging my faculty to let me do another one for the next four years :/ Must be madder than I thought!

Grad school: "Because if we were good at life, we wouldn't need more school!" :lol:

I think it sounds like a great idea, Ness. From what I hear, you are quite the over-achieving, devoted student. Seems like a logical next step.

Good luck with all of the assignments, G. And I'm sorry about the concert, Dave.
A_S
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Dab051176 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:13 pm

Grania wrote:....and there was me going to ask you to be messenger :lol:

No need, now - you'll be seeing Moya before I do (not that I'm lazy, or anything...)!!!!!! :mrgreen:

@A_S and others: Thanks - I've got the Clannad gig at the end of January to look forward to, at least - here's to some better weather, or at least a decent snow plough at Manchester Airport by then!!! :P
Dave

Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby nessieq » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:47 pm

A_S wrote:Grad school: "Because if we were good at life, we wouldn't need more school!" :lol:

I think it sounds like a great idea, Ness. From what I hear, you are quite the over-achieving, devoted student. Seems like a logical next step.

Aaaaw thanks for the encouragement love! :D
nessieq

Postby Turlough » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:57 pm

Angoid wrote:
After that, who knows what I'll have to do?

Replace the computer? :mrgreen:

That's getting to be a Maybe. The local Honda dealer are now talking to the Tech Line and speculating it might come to that. Angus, GMTA :mrgreen:

:wink: See Happy Hill thread for conclusion.
"We can be children of Paradise" Justin Hayward
Turlough
Addicted to Moya

Postby cantilena91 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:11 pm

Seems that the current cold snap will not be over soon, the weather forecast has promised daytime temperatures of -20C or colder for the whole Finland for the whole week! The cold record for this winter is already broken in Lapland, and it doesn't seem to ease off any time soon... I'm perfectly cozy and warm indoors indeed, but then again, I don't bother going outdoors unless I really need to!

Suvi
"Your golden breath took darkness away, if I ask, You won't let me go..."
cantilena91
Addicted to Moya

Re: The Unhappy hill :/

Postby Grania » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:04 pm

I really hate to be the person to revive this thread but I need to let off a little steam!

I had a job interview yesterday morning, first I've ever gone for, and the people interviewing me told me that they would contact me to let me know whether or not I was successful either yesterday evening or this morning...at least, amid a haze of stress that is how I remember it. 5pm now and I still haven't heard from them.
I am quite willing to accept it if I haven't got the job - it would be a miracle if I did - but couldn't they at least have the courtesy to let me know?

In the meantime I've been for another interview, a much more demanding one, and am now reaching the point of being so stressed out it won't take much to tip me into the hysterical....maybe today's will contact me first...

I heard Your voice
Step By Step
Grania

Re: The Unhappy hill :/

Postby Luned » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:40 pm

((((((((((Grania)))))))))))) I know the waiting is the difficult part, especially in such a situation, but the interview is over, I'm sure you did your best but you can't do much more now so maybe you should do something nice for yourself for a change, relax? And as long as they don't say 'no', there's a big chance they will still say 'yes'. Fingers crossed! :)
Luned
Addicted to Moya

PreviousNext

Return to Fan space