Alternate set list for Signature?

Moya's 2006 studio album and the 2008 live album.

Moderator: All Moderators

Postby philb1701 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:55 pm

I somehow came across an alternate set list for Signature and was wondering if anyone actually has it available, or where I can get it.

This is the set list:
Purple Haze
The Shepherd's Fall
Sacrifice of Praise
My Keeper
Good Day
Forever
Walk Away
Rahab
You Can't Imagine
A Soldier on His Knees
He Came Looking For Me
I Will Find You

Thanks.

Phil
philb1701

Postby Dab051176 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:28 pm

Welcome to the forum, Phil! :D

I have to admit - most of that set list doesn't ring any bells, I'm afraid! There are two versions of Signature - the standard album, and the "tour edition", but the latter (to the best of my knowledge - I only have the standard album!) just has five bonus tracks - none of which match your list! :?

Anyone else have any ideas?
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:42 pm

Welcome :)

Where did you find that setlist? Personally I've heard nothing about such a setlist - and several of those titles strike me as being very unlike Moya's style....no, I have to say I'm not convinced
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby wonky_eggs » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:19 pm

Sounds like a dodgy bootleg to me. Only "Purple Haze" and "I Will Find You" are on any version of Signature. The others are definitely not Moya songs.
wonky_eggs

Postby philb1701 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:13 am

I don't remember where I got, but suffice it to say that it was legit enough not only to prompt me to order a SECOND copy of Signature, but it even imported into iTunes that way. Of course that could have come from a bogus set list uploaded to CDDB.

In any event, there are enough places online where I've found that set list (none of which actually HAVE the songs for download) to make me believe that it may have been a bad list to begin with, or possibly an early and later abandoned set list.

Thanks for the assist, one and all!

Have a great holiday.
philb1701

Postby philb1701 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:13 am

I don't remember where I got, but suffice it to say that it was legit enough not only to prompt me to order a SECOND copy of Signature, but it even imported into iTunes that way. Of course that could have come from a bogus set list uploaded to CDDB.

In any event, there are enough places online where I've found that set list (none of which actually HAVE the songs for download) to make me believe that it may have been a bad list to begin with, or possibly an early and later abandoned set list.

Thanks for the assist, one and all!

Have a great holiday.
philb1701

Re: Alternate set list for Signature?

Postby Roibeard Óg » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:43 pm

philb1701 wrote:I somehow came across an alternate set list for Signature and was wondering if anyone actually has it available, or where I can get it.

This is the set list:
Purple Haze
The Shepherd's Fall
Sacrifice of Praise
My Keeper
Good Day
Forever
Walk Away
Rahab
You Can't Imagine
A Soldier on His Knees
He Came Looking For Me
I Will Find You

Thanks.

Phil

I remember when we were first getting trickles of news on Signature, a few went hunting for samples and they were named that way on the sellers website. The sellers were completely legitimate, but did use that odd tracklist. It's been a few years, but I remember the odd tracklist, all harmless, I hope! :lol:
"Tús maith, leath na hoibre!"
Roibeard Óg
Addicted to Moya

Postby wonky_eggs » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:42 pm

Roibeard Óg wrote:I remember when we were first getting trickles of news on Signature, a few went hunting for samples and they were named that way on the sellers website. The sellers were completely legitimate, but did use that odd tracklist. It's been a few years, but I remember the odd tracklist, all harmless, I hope! :lol:

How odd. I know there was a different set list floating around for "Whisper to the Wild Water", but I'd not heard of this one. They don't sound like Moya titles at all, so perhaps a mix-up somewhere.
wonky_eggs

Postby Roibeard Óg » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:10 am

wonky_eggs wrote:
Roibeard Óg wrote:I remember when we were first getting trickles of news on Signature, a few went hunting for samples and they were named that way on the sellers website. The sellers were completely legitimate, but did use that odd tracklist. It's been a few years, but I remember the odd tracklist, all harmless, I hope! :lol:

How odd. I know there was a different set list floating around for "Whisper to the Wild Water", but I'd not heard of this one. They don't sound like Moya titles at all, so perhaps a mix-up somewhere.

Definitely something like that! I think this tracklist appeared before we knew what the track's titles were, so forumers got excited at the samples, but we all knew that the track titles were a bit off. My memory is terrible! :lol:

I definitely remember someone linking to the samples somewhere, although they were definitely corrected when the album came out. If they're still out there somewhere, I'm guessing it's a bootleg, but from Google I notice that they can only be seen on past Last.fm edits to the album, so maybe just a mix-up from Google's archives. Hopefully!
"Tús maith, leath na hoibre!"
Roibeard Óg
Addicted to Moya

Postby RunrigCorvusCoraxFan » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:09 pm

Actually most are moya songs :)

Purple Haze
The Shepherd's Fall
Sacrifice of Praise
My Keeper
Good Day
Forever
Walk Away