Poland's concerts..

Memories of shows, dreams of shows to come

Moderators: wonky_eggs, nessieq, mise, Grania, Banba Óir, All Moderators

Postby Luned » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:13 pm

I'm glad you like Warsaw, I'm sorry to hear about the problems with the tickets though, and I can imagine the central train station in Warsaw is not the most pleasant place to be at, but I've heard it's been renovated recently. And don't worry about Wrocław, it's a big city not a small town... Oh, and to my knowledge, the concert on Wednesday, 1st December, takes place in Warsaw, not in Gdańsk ;) J'espere que tout ira bien! :)
Luned
Addicted to Moya

Postby Yvonne » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:43 am

Piotr Cú Chulainn wrote:Tim told me in July that My Match... will be available to everyone but it will be remastered

I am glad that it will be available to everyone. I am a bit surprised that it will be remastered though. I think the sound quality is good, but of course I am not an expert. I remember though that someone posted a long while ago that there may be a few more tracks on the general release. I wonder which version will be for sale during the Christmas Tour, the "old" one or the remastered one. May be someone who has been to one of the concerts can tell us?

I hope everyone who is going will arrive safely and without problems due to the weather!

Love,

Yvonne
"Let Your Love surround me. Light my heart to carry on"
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

Postby PierreC » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:28 pm

Great concert last night in a freezing and not heated church in Wroclaw.

Yes the place was an igloo and for that Moya decided to skip the break in between sets. She sang holy night in Polish...great stuff !

i had the pleasure to briefly met Piotr and the promoter of the Polish tour..great people, friendly just like most of the Polish people ive met so far.

I had no problem with the tickets I explain my problem to the organizer and he said "no problem to my buddy from KANADA !
I found something on the table i didnt have ..the duo with Cormac !

leon said "Did you bring the Canadia winter with you ?"

Funny one..

Now im in Poznan ready for another concert.
ill tell you more later.
PierreC
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Susann » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:02 pm

Pierre, that's good that you didn't have any trouble with the ticket. I was a little bit concerned when I read your post from Sunday.

Have fun in Poznan :lol: .
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. (Oscar Wilde)
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Luned » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:32 pm

and I was a bit concerned about the weather. Glad you made it to Wrocław despite the snow and confusion on the roads.

PierreC wrote:Yes the place was an igloo and for that Moya decided to skip the break in between sets. She sang holy night in Polish...great stuff !

Moya sang "Silent Night" in Polish?! :shock: wow...
Actually, there was no break neither in Sopot in 2008 nor in Szczecin last year.

PierreC wrote: leon said "Did you bring the Canadia winter with you ?"

:lol: the sudden change of the weather here has thus been explained :lol:

I hope you're enjoying yourself at the concert in Poznań.

And as to the concert in Warsaw, there's a direct connection from the centre - take tram 7 and get off at the last tram stop, which is called "Kawęczyńska - Bazylika" - the venue ;)
Luned
Addicted to Moya

Postby PierreC » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:13 pm

Luned im flying back to Warsaw...no train this time. I will catch a cab from the sheraton to the venue
Typing this while watching tv they say that Warsaw got 30 c of snow !!
I didnt see that here, not more 10 c here,
I hope i can land tomorrow
By the way another greatshow tonight. Tell you more tomorrow, its exhausting to type on a Iphone
PierreC
Enthusiastic Member

Postby PierreC » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:14 pm

Hey Luned,

Today i got the problems you were expecting :x

I had a flight from Poznan to Warsaw at 9AM this morning ....that was cancelled !

Then i had to wait on line for an hour to see what they are going to do with me :cry:
The rebooked me for the 12h25 flight...who was delayed...but then we could start at the last minute. I think those strong winds scared the pilot. I know they scared me.
Then my luggages took 30 minutes to get out !

Then at the Sheraton they couldnt find my reservatino !! :x The lady wanted me to pay again...they kept me waiting for close to an hour before they finally contacted the booking agency and check me in.

...at 4h30 PM ! I was suppose to check in at 10h30 !

Now there is a lot of snow here, more than in Poznan and its freezing cold. At least i got my real tx form eventim office

Ill be taking a cab to the show very soon. I hope he doesnt blow a tire on the way ! :oops:
PierreC
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Dab051176 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:33 pm

Sounds as if you had a rough trip, Pierre!

Hope you got to the Warsaw gig in the end, and had a great night!
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Piotr Cú Chulainn » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:50 am

To Yvonne
As for My Match is a Makin' by remastered I meant there might me more instruments added, maybe the slipcase won't be digipack but ordinary plastic one. We don't know that for sure but it will be available to everyone. The sound is ok like you said. It's a nice release and might be unique maybe not as Oro a live session. Still this is the only version of this album and it's sold during the Christmas Tour this year....

In Poland many CDs were sold but there should be some left ones on Germany tour :) I bought Sinead Madden album. I did it when I heard Sinead singing one of the songs from her album on Moya Tour. She has a nice voice. The CD is very warm. Moya is also doing some backing vocals here.

Tracklist and photos from four Polish concerts very soon :) I've just come back home from the tour around Poland
"Follow your dreams"
Piotr Cú Chulainn
Enthusiastic Member

Postby PierreC » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:45 am

Im catching a plane back home in a couple of hours. Sadly im leaving this great country. Absolutely not what i had in mind. Open to people, speak a good english (the under 40 that is...)

I had a great time last night at the hard rock cafe near my hotel.

Anyway back to reality very soon...i have plenty of pics too but i dont kown how to post them here and the moderator said it takes to much bandwitch

I can put them at facebook if someone wants to see them let me know.
PierreC
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Piotr Cú Chulainn » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:57 pm

Pierre, it's nice to hear that you'd enjoyed the time in Poland... You should arrive in the summer. I put pictures on Picassa. Susanne too. Facebook is ok
"Follow your dreams"
Piotr Cú Chulainn
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Dab051176 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:03 pm

PierreC wrote: Anyway back to reality very soon...i have plenty of pics too but i dont kown how to post them here and the moderator said it takes to much bandwitch

I can put them at facebook if someone wants to see them let me know.

You'll be OK, if you just post links here, rather than the photos, Pierre (some forummers may have a dial-up Internet connection, which takes forever to load photos!:roll:). As Piotr says, Picasa is a good choice, and Photobucket works just as well, because it creates the links for you, that you can then put in a post on the forum.

I use both, so if you need a hand, feel free to PM me when you get back to Canada, telling me which program you're using, and I'll be happy to help.
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Luned » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:35 pm

It's been a week already :o

I went to the concert in Warsaw, it was cold but the concert was fantastic! :D It started with "Two Horizons" and "Bright Star", there were quite a few Clannad songs, such as "Mhorag's Na Horo Gheallaidh", "Teidhir Abhaile Riu", "Alasdair Maccolla", "I will find you", "Harry's Game", "Robin the Hooded Man", "Lady Marion", "Together We" and "Ancient Forest", Christmas carols of course and as an encore there were "Against the wind" and "Oiche Chuin" which turned into the Polish "Cicha Noc" :o Sinéad sang "Someone Else" and Cormac played "Carolan's Concerto". This was the third time that I could hear Moya sing live and now that I listen to her CDs I start to think that no studio recording can do justice to the real sound of her voice. Simply amazing! And despite such awful cold, after the concert Moya stayed quite a long time (well, the queue was rather long :D) to talk to her fans, sign the CDs and have some photos taken. I had a really fabulous time :)

@ Piotr: It was good to see you again :)

@Pierre: sorry I missed you there. I asked Piotr about you but he said you'd already gone. I hope you had a safe journey back home. I'm really glad to hear you liked it here in Poland :) As to the photos, I think you could also upload them on Facebook and then right-click on them and copy the image addresses here.

There have been a few videos from Moya's tour in Poland on the Internet, I hope you'll like those:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7_uX-4sTbI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXfgK3xE ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSKhX7Lu ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN3IRl7r1ts (the last part is in Polish :) really impressive! :) )

and a short interview:
http://rozrywka.trojmiasto.pl/Irlandka- ... 43822.html
(The title says that Moya "brought Christmas to Gdańsk")
Luned
Addicted to Moya

Postby PierreC » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:13 am

Just got home this evening.

There was one surprise left for me at the airport yesterday.

Another plane cancelled !!

In all i took 7 planes and 2 of them were delayed and 2 others were cancelled :cry:

So i had to spend an extra night in....Zurich :?

I think its my last Moya tour during winter. Lets say that i was not expecting that kind of weather.
I will post one clip at facebook tomorrow. And maybe ill try the tricks you guys gave me on how to post pics

To bad Luned i missed you. Although before i left i talked to a few young ladies with glasses and said to them "Are you luned ?" .. I got this kind of look :shock: :shock:

...so i gave up :oops:

Oh by the way can you believe Moya will be back in the USA later this month ? Now when you talk about passion for her work...

For me its going to be Netherlands in april for 5 mor gigs. So far 14 gigs in a year and a half ! :D

Who can beat that !

UPDATE

Heres a try

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hF8mRd7SvHM[url][/url]
PierreC
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Yvonne » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:28 pm

Piotr Cú Chulainn wrote:To Yvonne
As for My Match is a Makin' by remastered I meant there might me more instruments added, maybe the slipcase won't be digipack but ordinary plastic one. We don't know that for sure but it will be available to everyone. The sound is ok like you said. It's a nice release and might be unique maybe not as Oro a live session. Still this is the only version of this album and it's sold during the Christmas Tour this year....

Thank you very much for your answer, Piotr! I am looking forward to the new release, I wonder what will be different, may be there will be some more tracks, the CD is a bit short so that would be nice :D ! Of course, for now I am very happy with the one that I got, I like the album very much! I am glad that many more people will be able to enjoy it now that it is being sold at the Christmas Tour.

Love,

Yvonne
"Let Your Love surround me. Light my heart to carry on"
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

PreviousNext

Return to Moya live