The Hobbitt

Discuss anything about Moya and her music

Moderator: All Moderators

The Hobbitt

Postby Phantas » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:26 pm

Okay, so we all know the movie is coming!! Wouldn't it be marvelous if Moya was asked to do a song for one movie, if not both??? She would be stepping into Enya's footsteps :D

What do you think?
lost in the aether, leave a message...
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Re: The Hobbitt

Postby wonky_eggs » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:18 pm

Phantas wrote:Okay, so we all know the movie is coming!! Wouldn't it be marvelous if Moya was asked to do a song for one movie, if not both??? She would be stepping into Enya's footsteps :D

What do you think?

I'd hate for Moya just to be asked because Enya did 'The Fellowship of the Ring', however I'd love for her to be involved in the up-coming film just because her voice would work really well with the type of music they've used in the previous trilogy. Here's hoping!
wonky_eggs

Postby Draíocht an Dúlra » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:50 pm

I do not think any producer would ask someone to sing on the soundtrack just because their sister did something similar. Moya and Enya are very different, each great in their own right. Enya's May it Be for LOTR was fantastic, really fitting... I am sure Moya could do something great aswell
Ceolann siad ar laetha geal a bhí
Draíocht an Dúlra
Enthusiastic Member

Postby cantilena91 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:19 am

Seconding Draíocht's thoughts indeed, it's now someone else's turn. Personally I'm harbouring a dream that the NZ soprano Hayley Westenra would be invited to contribute for the soundtrack this time, just because the movie has been at least partly shot in NZ anyway. Well, let's see what happens!

Suvi
"Your golden breath took darkness away, if I ask, You won't let me go..."
cantilena91
Addicted to Moya

Return to General