How do you rate the music in "Robin of Sherwood?"

News, Nostalgia, etc.

Moderators: wonky_eggs, mise, Grania, Banba Óir, All Moderators

How do you rate the music in "Robin of Sherwood?"

Clannad's best music
50%
Clannad's worst music
17%
It was just a paycheck for Clannad, so what?
33%

Total votes : 12

Re: How do you rate the music in "Robin of Sherwood?&qu

Postby wonky_eggs » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:31 pm

Legend was one of the first two Clannad albums I heard, and at first I didn't know it was a soundtrack, and with the other album I heard was Pastpresent, although I loved the songs, they didn't give me a good idea of what to expect from the rest of their albums.

But after taking a risk and buying the first two DVDs I was blown away by the RoS music - suddently Legend and Caisleán Óir made sense - Clannad's soundtrack music is amazing and to get so much in one series is heaven. The many varied versions of the songs and those that were never released (and that wonderful Robin remix that was only released on the RoS EP back in '86) show how imaginative this group can be. The extra long version of Herne has to be my all time favourite track.
wonky_eggs

Postby Dubhy63 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:24 pm

I like the music in Robin of Sherwood,it's a bit different to the rest of Clannad's work,therefore I have to say that none of the three options reflects my opinion.Lady Marian is still popular when it comes to a live performance,it was among the tracks that were played on the big night of the 40th anniversary in Leo's. :D
* No man ever wore a scarf as warm as his daughter’s arm around his neck.*
Dubhy63
Addicted to Moya

Postby phlegsan » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:19 pm

I quite liked "Legend", it was my first exposure to Clannad. I grew to know and love the rest of the band's work through it. :)
Don
phlegsan

Previous

Return to Clannad