What is your favourite Moya non-album track?

Discuss anything about Moya and her music

Moderator: All Moderators

What is your favourite Moya non-album track?

Postby Yvonne » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:43 pm

Hello there,

It has been so quiet on the forum lately and I thought I 'd start a new topic. I don't think this topic is on the forum already. Moya has done so many things apart from her " general" album releases; soundtracks, duets, other collaborations. I am happy that I have some of those, but there are still many songs I have never heard (but would love to hear of course!). I think most of you have some of those songs and some may even have everything!

So the question is: What is your favourite Moya song that does not appear on one of her albums?

I am not a good example I am afraid :mrgreen: because I can't choose between 2 songs: O Jesus Friend Unfailing and No Scenes of Stately Majesty. Both are so awesome. I can't listen to those songs without getting tears in my eyes and getting goosebumps (even now in this hot weather :wink: ). So my vote goes to both!

What are your favourites? :D

Love,

Yvonne
"Let Your Love surround me. Light my heart to carry on"
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Grania » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:57 pm

Wow, this is difficult!

I really love 'You're the One' that Moya did with Shane McGowan....although I have to say it only really qualifies as a favourite of mine if it's the arrangement Moya has done solo recently at her concerts.

Whether it is my total favourite...no idea!

For Clannad, Hourglass wins every time :D
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby hermeyjdi » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:30 am

My favorite would have to be "Tell Me Now (What You See)" from the King Arthur Soundtrack. An awesome song! Second favorite would be "Miles & Miles" with Schiller.
I finally have most of the songs that she has done not found on her album. I think there is only one or two that I don't have.
Jesus said to Peter, "feed my sheep not experiment on my rats" -C S Lewis
hermeyjdi
Addicted to Moya

Postby Yvonne » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:02 am

Thank you for your replies, Grania and Hemeyjdi!

I also like You're the One a lot, it is a very good song, but I only know the version on YouTube with Shane McGowan and I dislike his voice so much that it ruins the song a bit for me. I can imagine that a version of Moya alone will be so much better! And Hourglass is a also a Clannad favourite of mine!

Tell Me Now is such a great song, probably my third favourite. It has such a wonderful atmosphere. I love that one a lot! I am a bit jealous, though, that you have almost all Moya's songs, Hermeyjdi , wow :D , that is really great! Yesterday I downloaded a Moya song at Purashop that I didn't know yet: You Are Beautiful, which is also a very beautiful song! So I can add one more to my collection :D .

Love,

Yvonne
"Let Your Love surround me. Light my heart to carry on"
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

Postby hermeyjdi » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:53 pm

I also like You Are Beautiful. As for You're The One. I love that song. I also don't care for Shane McGowan's voice but for me, it doesn't ruin the song. Moya re-recorded the song on the new Welcome Home: The Music Of Ireland CD/DVD but it also has Shane on it. Moya never recorded it by herself.
Jesus said to Peter, "feed my sheep not experiment on my rats" -C S Lewis
hermeyjdi
Addicted to Moya

Postby Niamh » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:23 pm

I must confess that there are probably many songs I haven't heard yet. The songs I really like are Tell me now ( what you see) and Miles and Miles, the song Moya did with Schiller.
Ó lá go lá, mo thuras...

Niamh
Addicted to Moya

Postby Armand » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:43 pm

I really like the song Moya/Maire recorded with Ronan Keating. It's a Pogues cover called: Fairytale of New York.
But Falling with Schiller is also a great song.
Live you own life !
The only one responsable for it is you !
Armand

Return to General