I have changed my username

Your platform. Get to know each other (but don't forget about us!)

Moderator: All Moderators

I have changed my username

Postby Yvonne » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:27 pm

Hello!

I just want to let you know that my username has been changed from Suzanne to Yvonne, which is my real name. :D

When I joined the forum some years ago I had only gotten internet a short while before and it was the first forum I joined (and also the nicest one of course :D ). I thought that everyone used another name so I did that too. I chose Suzanne because that is my second name (I couldn't think of anything more original at the time :mrgreen: )

Later, I regretted that because of the confusion I sometimes got when I PMed people or met people from the forum. And I felt a bit silly too for not using my real name. Of course it is not that bad, but I am glad that I changed it now. I have been signing my messages with my real name for a long time now so I hope that there won't be any confusion.

Love,

Yvonne

EDIT: I just realized that people might interpret this as if I think all usernames that aren't real names are silly. That is not true! It is just because my username was a real name and it looked like it was my real name that I felt a bit silly. Many of you here have very nice and orginial usernames :D !
"Let Your Love surround me. Light my heart to carry on"
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Niamh » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:55 am

Haha, I remember being a bit confused when I found out Suzanne wasn't your real name. It indeed looks a lot like it could have been your real name :). ( and in fact it is one of your real names.) I'm glad you are happy with your forumname change!
As for me, well.. I'm not fond of my official name, so I enjoy using my forumname when I can.
Ó lá go lá, mo thuras...

Niamh
Addicted to Moya

Postby Yvonne » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:22 am

Thank you for your kind reaction, Niamh!

Niamh wrote:As for me, well.. I'm not fond of my official name, so I enjoy using my forumname when I can.

Really? I know your real name and I think it is a very beautiful name! But I haven't always been happy with my own name as well and would have preferred it if it had been Suzanne. That was the name of my mother's grandmother who was a very sweet woman, I would have liked it to be my first name, but my father wanted it to be Yvonne and he got his way, haha. I am happy with my name now, though, but still, if it had been my choice, it would have been Suzanne. That's probably why I chose it as my username.

May be you will like your own name someday too. It really is a very pretty name! :D

Love,

Yvonne
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Niamh » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:49 pm

I don't know if I will ever really like my name. I do like the name as a second name, but as a first name? no. In my opinion it's to long. I guess the major reason for me to not like the name is the combination it makes with my surname. The two names together sound really chic, as people say: royalty like. Because of that reason I always get question about my family and many people in the past have been biased on my personality ( don't know if you can say that in this way) because of the name, and well, it makes me tired to answer such questions and to change the image people have, because I'm not royalty like at all, if you see what I mean.
Ó lá go lá, mo thuras...

Niamh
Addicted to Moya

Postby Yvonne » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:28 pm

Oh, now I understand you much better. Yes, your name is certainly classy and in combination with a surname that is also chic, I can imagine that you don't like it.

Your name can be shortened very nicely though, too, if you leave out the last syllable, for example, it sounds very nice and much less classy, I think.

I also like your username here! It sounds very Irish and a bit mythical. :D (and not chic :D )

Love,

Yvonne
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Niamh » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:08 pm

That's true, I use a shorter version normally, but my family doesn't like using that name ( Eli), but it's ok for me. And you know.. I have the chance to use Niamh too, I see the name as my adopted name.
Ó lá go lá, mo thuras...

Niamh
Addicted to Moya

Return to Fan space