Quick thought about the Holland tour...

Memories of shows, dreams of shows to come

Moderators: wonky_eggs, nessieq, mise, Grania, Banba Óir, All Moderators

Postby Paul K. » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:35 pm

Today I bought my front row tickets for the concert in Tiel. It's been a long time since I saw Moya on stage, but I'm looking forward to see her on stage in my hometown! :D
Paul K.
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Piotr Cú Chulainn » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:45 pm

Hi
Is anyone who's going to the convert would be so kind and buy 2 copies of new Moya and Cormac album which will be available before the concerts? I reallly can't afford to go to the tour...
"Follow your dreams"
Piotr Cú Chulainn
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Susann » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:47 am

Hi Piotr, how are you? I haven't heard anything from you for a long time. I hope everything is going well.

I can buy the CD for you.
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. (Oscar Wilde)
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Susann » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:55 am

Piotr, I forgot to mention that I'm going to the concert on Saturday in Kerkrade.

Thank God that Moya came yetserday to The Netherlands. Today many flights from Dublin are cancelled - e.g. the Aer Lingus flight to Amsterdam. http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/bre ... king2.html
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. (Oscar Wilde)
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Dab051176 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:23 pm

Susann wrote: Thank God that Moya came yetserday to The Netherlands. Today many flights from Dublin are cancelled - e.g. the Aer Lingus flight to Amsterdam. http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/bre ... king2.html

Indeed, I assume (and hope!) that Moya and the band arrived safely! :D

I've still got a few days until I fly out to the Netherlands, so here's hoping that the ash cloud has dispersed by then. I could have been caught up in the chaos, though, as I was originally planning on going to the Purmerend gig tonight, so in some respects, I'm breathing a huge sigh of relief that I decided to change the plan!

It's always better to be safe than sorry, though, so I think the powers that be over here are doing the right thing.....
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Kate » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:29 am

:cry:

I just heard about all the airport closures!!! Please please please...clear up...I have put so much planning into my holiday and have been looking forward to this sooo much. I have been through such difficult times and heartache in the past two years. Of course, I wouldn't want to be flying if it is unsafe.

Maybe I should go have a rant over on the unhappy hill.
Kate
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Susann » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:24 am

Hello Kate, when and where will you go? My holiday in Ireland will start in about two weeks. I try to think positive and will keep my fingers crossed for you and me :wink: and all other people who are looking forward to going on holiday.

Today also in Germany some airports have been closed.

But here are some phantastic pictures from the volcanic eruption http://www.flickr.com/photos/yahooedito ... 3855495574
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Dubhy63 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:10 am

One can really feel the force of nature when volcanic eruptions take place and lead to disruptions in many countries.I'm going to Holland in June,but news that the eruptions won't back down for a while is really the last I want to hear.Hopefully the clouds will clear in time for everyone who wants to travel to the concerts in Holland. :)

Here's a link that might come in handy .
http://www.schiphol.com/index_uk.html
* No man ever wore a scarf as warm as his daughter’s arm around his neck.*
Dubhy63
Addicted to Moya

Postby Banba Óir » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:54 pm

Moya will be guest in the Dutch radio show Cappuccino, this saturday 17 april, around 11.40 AM. After a little talk to the host she'll be singing "She Moved Through The Fair". (goose bumps!) The show will be aired from 9-12 on Radio 2. The show will also be streamed on internet http://radioplayer.omroep.nl/radio2/

regards and have fun! :wink:
Ed
webmaster of the Clannad Newsblog at www.clannad.nl
Banba Óir

Postby Dab051176 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:48 pm

Thanks for the reminder! :D

Well, Ryanair have cancelled all flights until 1300 our time on Monday at the earliest, so I'm now having to try a last ditch attempt to get to Eindhoven by coach.

I must admit it is looking more than a bit "touch and go" now, so let's hope for a positive outcome to a phone call to Eurolines tomorrow.....
Dave

Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Kate » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:32 am

Susann wrote:Hello Kate, when and where will you go? My holiday in Ireland will start in about two weeks. I try to think positive and will keep my fingers crossed for you and me :wink: and all other people who are looking forward to going on holiday.

Today also in Germany some airports have been closed.

But here are some phantastic pictures from the volcanic eruption http://www.flickr.com/photos/yahooedito ... 3855495574

I'm scheduled to travel this weekend!!
Kate
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Yvonne » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:53 am

Hi Kate and Dave,

I hope that you both will be able to come!

A Moya concert is something you look forward to for such a long time (well, I do :D ) and it would be awful if you couldn't come...

I hope the problems at the airports will be solved soon.

Love,

Yvonne
"Let Your Love surround me. Light my heart to carry on"
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Hester » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:07 am

Praying that it will be solved soon!!! And that you can all make it, Good luck Dave!!!....So looking forward to seeing Ness and Katie (and Christina, but fortunately she doesn't have to fly......)
Love takes off the mask we fear we cannot live without an know we cannot live within - James Baldwin
Hester
Addicted to Moya

Postby nessieq » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:37 pm

Hester wrote:Praying that it will be solved soon!!! And that you can all make it, Good luck Dave!!!....So looking forward to seeing Ness and Katie (and Christina, but fortunately she doesn't have to fly......)

If I make it!! No guarantees, it sounds like the cloud is heading over the netherlands next, so my flight on wednesday might not make it either. Still holding out hope though!! And even if I dont make it, all flights are going to be refunded, so I can always pop over again some time soon. Plus, as my mum says, 'You'd be a lot unhappier if your plane crashed!!' So true! i just feel sorry for all the people trying to get to hugely important things: everyone trying to make it to poland, for example, and my friends who are trying to get back to university to hand in their coursework by tuesday!!!!! What a nightmare.
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
nessieq

Postby Dab051176 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:38 pm

nessieq wrote: Plus, as my mum says, 'You'd be a lot unhappier if your plane crashed!!'.

It's a slightly alarming way of putting it, but I have to admit that's been my logic, too, Ness!:lol: I'm still keeping an eye on things, but to be honest, it's more in hope than expectation!

Ah well, I suppose if all else fails, I'm going to have to go back to Gweedore (via the ferry to Belfast if needs be! :wink: ) later in the summer to compensate! :mrgreen:
Dave

Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

PreviousNext

Return to Moya live