Moya in Denver, CO

Memories of shows, dreams of shows to come

Moderators: wonky_eggs, nessieq, mise, Grania, Banba Óir, All Moderators

Moya in Denver, CO

Postby hermeyjdi » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:10 pm

Hey all, it's been a while since I have been on here. Miss you all.
I'm so excited to reprot that I will be going to Moya's concert in Denver, CO on Saturday on April 3rd at Swollow Hill. Anyone one else going to be there??
Jesus said to Peter, "feed my sheep not experiment on my rats" -C S Lewis
hermeyjdi
Addicted to Moya

Postby Susann » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:59 pm

Hi hermeyjdi, I wish you a fantastic and unforgettable night at the concert.

Will you watch the TV show "Music of Ireland" tonight?
http://www.wliw.org/productions//perfor ... -home/637/
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. (Oscar Wilde)
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

Postby hermeyjdi » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:03 pm

Thanks for the heads up. Didn't know that it was on. I'm going to record it so I can watch it after Lost tonight.
hermeyjdi
Addicted to Moya

Postby hermeyjdi » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:05 pm

This is not showing up in my area so I can't watch it. :(
hermeyjdi
Addicted to Moya

Postby Susann » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:09 am

I have ordered the CD + DVD "Music of Ireland" and today I got an e-mail that it has been shipped :D.
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. (Oscar Wilde)
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

Postby hermeyjdi » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:38 pm

Am I the only one from the forum going to the Denver, CO concert?? I was hoping to see others there. I'm so excited. It has been a long time since I have seen Moya in concert.
hermeyjdi
Addicted to Moya

Postby hermeyjdi » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:00 pm

So excited for the show tomorrow.
hermeyjdi
Addicted to Moya

Postby Kate » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:02 pm

hermeyjdi,

Have a great time at the show! I'm going to a show in Holland later this month :D

Moya is in my part of the world - yay! :D

I have to check the April pbs listings in my area for the Music of Ireland documentary. I believe I am getting the cd/dvd for my birthday from a wonderful friend (when asked, I said all I can think that I'd like is that cd/dvd :mrgreen: ). I did leave a post at the pbs website stating I hope they will air this great doumentary!
Kate
Enthusiastic Member

Postby hermeyjdi » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:52 pm

That's great. I downloaded the album from amazon.com. I would love to see the DVD but I haven't yet. If Moya is selling it at the concert tonight, I might pick up a copy.
hermeyjdi
Addicted to Moya

Postby hermeyjdi » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:12 pm

Moya's show in Denver was amazing last night! She sounded so good! Probably the best I have ever heard her sound! :P My brother's friend went with me to the show. When we first got there, her brother (I always forget his name, he was with her in Holland when I saw her there) saw me and remembered me right away from Holland a number of years ago. That surprised me since it was a number of years ago now. Moya was selling "Heart String" T-Shirts so I got one! Cormac and Sinead had there CD's there as well so I bought them. Moya didn't have any new albums so I didn't get any of her stuff since I already have it all. The concert was amazing. It was a small and intimate venue but was packed out so I hope this means she will be coming back to Denver next time she visits the USA so I can come see her.
As usual she did a number of her songs as well as some Clannad favorites. I was surprised that she didn't do "In A Lifetime." Is it just me or does she normally do that one?? Every time I have seen her she has done it. I am not sure if I will remember all the songs that she did but here is what I remember for sure (most form the Heart Strings album). In no particular order:
-Tapestry
-Perfect Time
-She Moved Through The Fair
-Sally Garden
-Mhorag’s Na Horo Gheallaidh
-Alasdair MacColla
-Tara
-Gone Are The Days
-I Will Find You
-Theme From Harry's Game
-Against The Wind
-Two Horizons
-Ri Na Cruinne
-Buachaill On Éirne (I think)
-A Mhuirnín Ó
-Dulaman
She did an encore with Two Sisters.
Cormac did a solo on the harp that was amazing and Sinead sang Someone Else from her album "Honey Promises".
I'm probably forgetting some songs but these are what I remember. She did a lot more Clannad stuff then her own but it was an awesome evening.
She recognized me from Holland and when I saw her in Los Angeles which surprised me since I hadn't seen her in a number of years. She told me that Cormac and her just completed an album together that will be available on the upcoming Holland tour. She will then release it on a national level after that. So Holland people, tell us how it is. I'm sure it will be amazing. I have posted some photos from the night on my facebook and myspace page. Check them out. I don't have a lot since I didn't take any during the show but I did get some afterwards!
hermeyjdi
Addicted to Moya

Postby Dab051176 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:38 pm

Thanks for the review, sounds like a great night - really can't wait for Eindhoven now! :mrgreen:

Sounds as if I'm going to need to order some more Euros for the CD spending spree (OK, I've already got Sinead's, but it sounds like there's at least two more I'm going to have to invest in)!!!!!! :wink: :P :lol: :lol:
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby hermeyjdi » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:03 pm

Sounds good. It's better to have too much then not enough for sure.
hermeyjdi
Addicted to Moya

Postby Yvonne » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:31 pm

Hi Hermeyjdi,

Thanks for the great review. It sounds fantastic, like always!

I am especially happy with the news about the new CD with Cormac. :D That has to be a CD with lots of harp music on it and I love the harp so much,I can't wait to hear it! I will be going to the concert in Breda so I will definitely be getting a copy of that one!

And I agree with Dab, I will also have to take enough money, it sounds like there will be many interesting items for sale! :)

Only 2 weeks to go!

Love,

Yvonne
"Let Your Love surround me. Light my heart to carry on"
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

Postby hermeyjdi » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:00 am

No problem. I wish I could join you on her Holland tour. I so enjoyed meeting people from the forum last time I was there and Holland is such a beautiful country.
hermeyjdi
Addicted to Moya

Return to Moya live