New CD in 2010

Discuss anything about Moya and her music

Moderator: All Moderators

Postby Banba Óir » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:58 pm

The new album of Moya Brennan & Cormac De Barra is titled "My Match Is A Makin'". The album is a collaborative recording with Cormac De Barra featuring nine harps and a new collection of songs. Next to Moya and Cormac you'll find Máire Breatnach on fiddle and viola; Aisling Jarvis on bouzouki and Ian Parker on keyboards. The album will only be available on the Dutch tour, with a general release to follow. The songs are: 1. Tá mo Chleamhnas á Dhéanamh / My Match is a Makin’ 2. The Streets of Derry 3. Crann Úll 4. Carolan’s Concerto 5. She Moved Through the Fair 6. An Seanduine Dóite 7. Bean Dubh a’ Ghleanna 8. Longing to See You 9. Taim Breoite go Leor 10. Mo Mhian. The cover:http://www.clannad.nl/matchxl.jpg
webmaster of the Clannad Newsblog at www.clannad.nl
Banba Óir

Postby Yvonne » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:11 am

Thanks for posting this great news, Ed!

I have been hoping that Moya would make an album with lots of harp music on it for many years and I think that this is it! Also very nice that Aisling is on the album!

I wonder if the tracks will be mainly instrumentals. Most titles sound as if they are traditionals, but I only know Crann Ull and She moved through the fair. Crann Ull is one of my favourites of the old Clannad albums, I am looking forward to hearing this new version!

I was looking forward to the concert in Breda already, but even more now :D. It will be great to get the album there and hopefully get it signed! I hope Moya will play some songs from the new album too!

Love,

Yvonne
"Let Your Love surround me. Light my heart to carry on"
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Frodoger » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:01 pm

Banba Óir wrote:The album will only be available on the Dutch tour, with a general release to follow.

if a main release of the album will follow then its not "only".
If the release @ the dutch tour will be a special one , than you should say this.

I'm a little bit confused about this. because travel to neterlands is not nice price for me.
if the regular release is the same @ the dutch tour i save my money for moyas next xmas tour here in germany.

Frodoger
Frodoger

Postby Roibeard Óg » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:52 pm

Lyrics to some of the songs, they'll definitely have changes in them, these are just by other artists! I LOVE 'The Streets of Derry'!

1. Tá mo Chleamhnas á Dhéanamh / My Match is a Makin’ (lyrics)
2. The Streets of Derry (lyrics)
3. Crann Úll (lyrics)
5. She Moved Through the Fair (lyrics)
6. An Seanduine Dóite (lyrics)
7. Bean Dubh a’ Ghleanna (lyrics, could be the Ulster/Donegal version, 'Moll Dubh a' Ghleanna': (lyrics)
9. Táim Breoite go Leor (lyrics)
"Tús maith, leath na hoibre!"
Roibeard Óg
Addicted to Moya

Postby nessieq » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:57 pm

Frodoger wrote:
Banba Óir wrote:The album will only be available on the Dutch tour, with a general release to follow.

if a main release of the album will follow then its not "only".
If the release @ the dutch tour will be a special one , than you should say this.

I'm a little bit confused about this. because travel to neterlands is not nice price for me.
if the regular release is the same @ the dutch tour i save my money for moyas next xmas tour here in germany.

Frodoger

I think that the CD will be released first on the dutch tour, and then at a later date it will become available to everyone. At least, that is my interpretation of Ed's post, and that is what Moya has done with previous CD releases. I dont really understand why she does it like that, but maybe it's because the CDs are ready for sale, but won't be able to be distributed for a few months?? I'm not sure, just speculating!!
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
nessieq

Postby Banba Óir » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:33 pm

Nessie, your interpretation is right. At first the album will be available at the Dutch tour, with a general release to follow. The reason for a general release a little later might be (i'm speculating too :) ) because it takes time to release, produce and distribute the album. Or perhaps it's to support the Dutch tour. Whatever, i'll let you know how it sounds, since i'm going to visit the second concert at Purmerend. :roll:

regards :wink:
Ed
webmaster of the Clannad Newsblog at www.clannad.nl
Banba Óir

Postby Anya » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:43 pm

I am looking forward to this album. Thanks for all the info. :D
Anything is possible, if you believe.
Anya
Addicted to Moya

Postby hermeyjdi » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:58 am

Moya made it sound like to me that she had a number of advanced copies made for the Dutch tour and then they would add some more songs to it and give it a world wide release. So I guess the copies on the Dutch tour are a pre release of the album. Moya didn't go into any other details so I don't know any other info. Sorry. I can't wait to get it though. It should be good.
Jesus said to Peter, "feed my sheep not experiment on my rats" -C S Lewis
hermeyjdi
Addicted to Moya

Postby Methica » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:01 pm

I'm quite happy about this news, but it's such a shame I can't go to any of the concerts, because I'm going to be in Dublin in the week most concerts are. I already made sure someone gets me a copy though :roll: :wink:
Imperfect is the new perfect
Methica
Addicted to Moya

Postby Frodoger » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:36 pm

is it possible for someone to buy me a cd and send them to me ???
I can send the money for these
Frodoger

Postby Susann » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:40 pm

Hi Frodoger, I'm going to the concert in Kerkrade on Saturday :D. I can buy a CD for you.
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. (Oscar Wilde)
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Dab051176 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:35 pm

Roibeard Óg wrote:
No showing off, I'll have to wait a while! :lol: :lol:

Sorry, that didn't come out the way I intended it to - honest! :wink: :mrgreen: I'll be grateful for it, though - it'll give me something to look forward to on the long train trip home from Stansted! :lol:
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Frodoger » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:04 am

Susann wrote:Hi Frodoger, I'm going to the concert in Kerkrade on Saturday :D. I can buy a CD for you.

thanx thanx thanx. i send a PM to you !!!

greetings from Frankfurt
Frodoger
Frodoger

Postby Grania » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:39 pm

Can't wait to hear this album! Sounds utterly fantastic....what more can I say?
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby silmaril » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:13 pm

When I chatted with Moya at the NYC performance last April 6th, I asked her if any of the tracks from To End All Wars film be ever released. Her response was that she and Cormac have re-recorded TWO of the tracks.

Track 10 indeed shows Mo Mhian.
Last edited by silmaril on Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silmaril

PreviousNext

Return to General