Irish Spring Festival in Germany

Discuss anything about Moya and her music

Moderator: All Moderators

Irish Spring Festival in Germany

Postby Susann » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:35 pm

Yesterday I was to the Irish Spring Festival in Bonn. This festival exists now for 10 years and goes to different venues in Germany. The tour 2010 has gone from the 4 March to the 21 March to 18 towns and cities and the musicians are
- Grainne Hambly and William Jackson (both masters of the Celtic harp)
- “Skellig” feat. Colin Ryan – "Skellig" are Alan Doherty (flute, bongo), James Ryan (guitar), Niamh Varian-Barry (fiddle, singing) and “Riverdancer” Colin Ryan
- Ruth Dillon (guitar and singing)
- Eamonn Galldubh and “Runa” – "Runa" are Shannon Lambert-Ryan, Fionán de Barra and Mairead Hurley (concertina)
- session at the end of the concert with all musicians

I was there with 3 friends who had never been before to such an event and they enjoyed it extremely :D. The musicians were all fantastic but I loved especially Eamonn and “Runa” of course but also Ruth Dillon. After the concert I had the possibility to talk to Eamonn, Fionán, Shannon, Mairead and Ruth :lol: :lol: :lol:.

It was a wonderful night. :D :D :D
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. (Oscar Wilde)
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

RUNA

Postby Turlough » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:27 pm

Suzanne, it is surprising how obscure RUNA is on this forum, considering that their guitarist is also Moya's guitarist and their singer (described by one of the Mods here as a "wonderful lady") once played keyboard in one of Moya's New York tours. This one post of yours was all that turned up when I searched on "RUNA". I should have bought a signature RUNA CD when I had the opportunity!
"We can be children of Paradise" Justin Hayward
Turlough
Addicted to Moya

Postby Dubhy63 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:52 am

Good to bring a few friends Susann,I'm not surprised that they enjoyed the music,there are some 'household' names among the musicians who played on the night. :D
* No man ever wore a scarf as warm as his daughter’s arm around his neck.*
Dubhy63
Addicted to Moya

Return to General