14%
other
11%

Total votes : 56

Postby Beldaran » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:52 pm

Show me!! :mrgreen:
Both the first and the last song!! :D

But it's actually quite hard to decide.

I lo~ove "Tara", "Change my World" and "Two Horizons"!!

But somehow "Show me" is sth special to me! :D
A child is love made visible...
Beldaran

Postby Dab051176 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:03 pm

I've voted for Harpsong. It instantly had an impact on me, which I'd love to be able to put into words - but can't :lol: . Change My World comes a very close second, though....
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby hermeyjdi » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:15 am

I love Change my world!
Jesus said to Peter, "feed my sheep not experiment on my rats" -C S Lewis
hermeyjdi
Addicted to Moya

Postby Cliona23 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:53 pm

I know this topic hasn't been visited for a while but...I've just bought two horizons a few days ago...so...I'll butt in :lol:
I had to decide between Harpsong and Two horizons,my favourites...I went for Harpsong,this song is simply magical!It's now part of my playlist of favorite songs to listen while working on my novel.So inspiring!
Come to the dark side...we have cookies...
Cliona23

Postby Niamh » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:17 pm

I'm glad you like TH Cliona! And a novel? What kind of novel are you writing?
Ó lá go lá, mo thuras...

Niamh
Addicted to Moya

TH

Postby Errigal Hostel » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:11 am

Glad you dusted off this topic Cliona. I’m a relative newbie to this beautiful album too. The jury is still out regarding which is my favourite track though. ‘Harpsong’ is definitely a forerunner I think, I love the way the track opens up with the sound of the sea crashing the shore in the background, for me the music evokes an orange sun setting on the horizon and a done-day out fishing, the aroma of homely turf fire glowing through the windows of a thatched-cottage looking out on the oceanic endlessness.

‘River’ also tickles my taste buds too. Powerful, uplifting vocals flow purposely in and around the music that suggest to me a journey and spiritual search for answers.

I really do find it difficult to pinpoint a standout track on this album as they are all wonderful. I haven’t really stopped playing TH since I bought it a couple of weeks ago, thanks Moya!
Come away, O human child!
To the waters and the wild
Errigal Hostel

Postby mithrandir72 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:11 pm

what about "is it now"? i mean, like "show me" there is a theme on that song and i'm wondering why it isn't on the voting-list... :wink:

as being a concept-album "two horizons" has displaced me in another world. loving every single track! inspired and enchanting melodies, perfect application of instruments and absolutely awesome vocals - in my opinion a real and timeless masterpiece!

returning on "is it now": i would give my vote to it, because moyas singing there is indescribable, getting goosebumps everytime...
so i voted "other" and in the end i think it's the fairest decision, because, as i already said, i'm loving the entire album :wink:
Rosario

"even the smallest person can change the course of the future"
mithrandir72

Postby Steph » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:50 am

i read all the post i have been trying to vote since months ago really, i finally could listen to this wonderful album, well ending last year... i couldn't decide for one only song, so i voted "other" because of the way how the songs link to the next one, and some of them are combined like Ancient Town with Bright Star, or Mothers of the desert with Is it now? or the chorus of Show me inside Falling... it is an amazing work i agree with some who said that this is her Master piece, at this moment i am listening to Ancient Town and it is getting hard to type lol, is absolutely haunting... also Harpsong and Two Horizons, Sailing away and Change my world, also Bi Liom is very special for me, i love when she sings in Gaelic and all the changes in the song wow i have no words to describe my feelings the first time i heard this.
believe me this is one of the hardest choices i have ever read in a forum.

:) mhaith liom ceol :)
Steph

Postby dream » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:11 pm

voted for Tara as it still fascinates me,
and about song links to each other - true,
do like it too,feels like a long story all
together..
still suits winter time for me,
a long warm narration
sometimes abstract sometimes cristal-clear :mrgreen:
dream

Postby Nigel » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:24 am

Currently i would say 'Change My World'.. (Ask me again next week and my answer would probably be different)
Nigel
Addicted to Moya

Postby Dubhy63 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:34 am

I only found out few minutes ago that I never voted in this poll,but to make a long story short ,Tara is my favourite.Moya's words combined with the beauty of the area simply create magic :)
* No man ever wore a scarf as warm as his daughter’s arm around his neck.*
Dubhy63
Addicted to Moya

Postby Mildir » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:38 pm

Excuse me, "Mother of the desert" would be also part of the album, wouldn't it ? :)

I haven't seen it to tell the truth...

At any rate, definitely the song I like best is "Tara", it has a wonderful, mild pace, it's modern style, nua-aimseartha would probably say Moya herself, but it blends both modern sound and ancient-like feeling...

Has anyone of you ever tried to spot the meaning of some passages ?
Apart from Moya herself I mean, there is some history if I've got that well, in a few words...

There's another two songs I like a lot:
"Change my world" and "Ancient town", Moya is really skilled in giving magic or ancient-like atmospheres... those words and that sound are incredibly enthralling !

A note about the whole album: I've ever defined "Two horizons" as a travel album, I found out it has a really really strong effect on me when I'm travelling by train for a long distance and I listen to it.
I remember Moya talks about a "musical journey" in an interview about it, this is not a coincidence for me...
Is mór an trua é truailliú na farraige.
Is fearr liom mó sháigh fairsinge na gorta.
Is fearr liom fhéin siocháin na cogadh.
Is lig domh mo shaol a chonaí is a choinneáil slán.
Mildir

Previous

Return to Two Horizons