Postby Phantas » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:28 pm

great - no brilliant news Ed! :)

Love,
Phantas
lost in the aether, leave a message...
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Postby Memory of Trees » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:58 am

Banba Óir wrote:There will be a 2-hours show, hosted by Moya Brennan, and not like suggested in the article a series.
More:
The production of Moya Brennans US show, tentatively titled "Sowing the Seed: Irish Music and the World", has started. For the show, a two hour national program about Irish music and it's influences, hosted by Moya Brennan, a number of Irish artists have been interviewed. Some names are; Sinead O'Conner, Damien Rice, Patty Maloney, Orlagh Fallon of Celtic Women, Andrea and Jim Corr, Mary Black, Liam O'Maonlai and Bill Whelan. A national release date is planned in spring of 2010.

regards :wink:
Ed

Thank you Ed. I get the feeling the writers of the article knew little about the actual show, so they just said series. It'll be great if they show it in my area. :)
Moving to the Pagan Sound..... :)
Memory of Trees

Postby Kate » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:25 pm

Ohhh, it's looks like it's going to be a great progam. :D I'll have to keep a look out for it here.

Thanks for the update Ed!
Kate
Enthusiastic Member

Postby 41shots » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:17 am

Moya was in Dublin, Ohio at the Dublin Irish Festival this weekend with a film crew working on this project.

Not listed as performing, but she sang one song with The Celtic Tenors, and took part in the finale singalong. There may have been more. What a pleasant surprise!
41shots

Postby Dab051176 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:52 am

41shots wrote:Moya was in Dublin, Ohio at the Dublin Irish Festival this weekend with a film crew working on this project.

Not listed as performing, but she sang one song with The Celtic Tenors, and took part in the finale singalong. There may have been more. What a pleasant surprise!

Welcome to the forum, 41shots - Hope you enjoy it here with us! :D

I knew Moya was due to be in the States about now, and a performance (whether listed or not!) is always a bonus!!! :wink: Did you have the chance to speak to her?
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Memory of Trees » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:17 pm

41shots wrote:Moya was in Dublin, Ohio at the Dublin Irish Festival this weekend with a film crew working on this project.

Welcome to the forum, 41shots.

And thank you so much for that welcomed news. Never knew a place called Dublin, Ohio existed. :lol:
Moving to the Pagan Sound..... :)
Memory of Trees

Postby 41shots » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:52 pm

Dab051176 wrote:

Welcome to the forum, 41shots - Hope you enjoy it here with us! :D

I knew Moya was due to be in the States about now, and a performance (whether listed or not!) is always a bonus!!! :wink: Did you have the chance to speak to her?

I've been a lurker for a long time.

I did get to speak with her for a short time. It was fleeting moment really but a great surprise to see her here in my current hometown, ...after being a big fan of Clannad and Moya back in Ireland many many years ago.
41shots

Postby 41shots » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:56 pm

Memory of Trees wrote:

Welcome to the forum, 41shots.

And thank you so much for that welcomed news. Never knew a place called Dublin, Ohio existed. :lol:

you don't know what you are missing :P
41shots

Postby A_S » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:34 pm

Welcome to the forum! I'm glad that you've taken the plunge and joined us!

It must have been a lovely surprise to see and talk with Moya at that festival. (Next time you see her be sure to mention that you are on the forum!) I went to Dublin once (yes, it exists!) and heard about the festival. It sounded like it would be a place that Moya might perform, and I'm glad that she did!
A_S
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby kevinkells » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:11 am

Welcome to the forum 41shots, enjoy your time here! :D
kevinkells
Really Enthusiastic Member

cool

Postby moon » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:59 pm

this is very exciting!!!! :D
Follow The Word...
Follow The Hope...
Follow The Dream..
Willing to meet,
Wlling to go,
Willing to share,
Still Grey Skies Will Turn To Blue
Under This Banner Of Hope
Hidden Stories On Winding Roads
I Trust Your Ways...
moon
Enthusiastic Member

Postby 41shots » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:20 pm

http://www.flickr.com/photos/braider/3793089239/

--> A few photos of MOYA at the Dublin Irish Festival, via the above link
41shots

Postby Draíocht an Dúlra » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:15 pm

Moya was recording something for television in Leo's Tavern on Tues night, Jan 27th. She was on the local Raidió na Gaeltachta earlier and asked people to come along to see her sing a few songs. I thought maybe this would be for the PBS programme.
Ceolann siad ar laetha geal a bhí
Draíocht an Dúlra
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Banba Óir » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:54 pm

Hi all, just posted on the Clannad Newsblog:
Moya Brennan is hosting "Music of Ireland – Welcome Home" a two-part music special celebrating 50 years of contemporary Irish music. Part one (1:29 hrs) features intimate performances and exclusive interviews from many Irish artists like The Chieftains, The Clancy Brothers, U2, The Dubliners, Riverdance, Bob Geldof and many others. A companion CD and DVD will be available at Barnes&Noble. Part one airs in March e.g. March 2 at 9PM on WLIW21 (With an exclusive New York metro area sneak preview on February 17 9.30PM on WLIW21) followed by part two in August. Check your local listings http://www.pbs.org/stationfinder/index.html and watch the promo video on the official website http://www.musicofireland.com/
webmaster of the Clannad Newsblog at www.clannad.nl
Banba Óir

Postby Dab051176 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:09 pm

Thanks for posting that, Ed!

There's actually some forummers on that promo!:wink: There's a brief glimpse from the 40th anniversary of Leo's on there....

You have to be lightning quick with the pause button (and granted it's shot from the back), but I'm sure the people who were there will spot themselves. I think I'm just out of shot, but never mind - I recognise quite a few others! :D
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

PreviousNext

Return to General