Your (current) addiction(s)

Your platform. Get to know each other (but don't forget about us!)

Moderator: All Moderators

Postby dids » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:19 pm

and very creative! :D
The real goal should be to permanently progress, to be better than yourself rather than being better than others (Albert Jacquard).
dids
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby eadgyth » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:40 pm

I'm currently really addicted to Cheryl Wheeler songs. I only recently stumbled across her on youtube and her songs are really beautiful, or extroadinarily funny.
Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional
eadgyth
Addicted to Moya

Postby cantilena91 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:49 pm

Just have a new addiction, namely, some weeks ago when I was in a fabric shop with my Mum (don't ask why I was there because I'm not at all into sewing) I saw a wonderful surprise I have never seen before: some Celtic-ornamentated fabric! So, needless to say (pardon the pun!) I just visited the same shop tonight and something just kept dragging me to the desk where this fabric laid... I just had to buy some of that special fabric for myself and now I'm planning to try to conquer my sewing phobia and make a couple of cushions from that beautiful fabric I just bought! First I thought that I might only make one cushion, but as I saw that there was very little of this fabric left, I just seized the day and bought two pieces of them! Cannot wait to get sewing, though I still need my Mum with me because I don't dare to touch the sewing machine on my own! I just don't want to ruin my cushions!!

Anyway, here is the fabric for you to see:

http://www.dillingerfabrics.com/Celtic-Illumination-Panel-Coral-F108-1G_p_14047.html

Gorgeous, isn't it? Sometimes one might be lucky to just being keeping company to someone in a fabric store!

Suvi
"Your golden breath took darkness away, if I ask, You won't let me go..."
cantilena91
Addicted to Moya

Postby Dubhy63 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:42 pm

Photoshop seems to be my favourite software lately.I've been reading photography magazines,watched tutorials and I'm trying techniques out myself,great fun. :)
* No man ever wore a scarf as warm as his daughter’s arm around his neck.*
Dubhy63
Addicted to Moya

Postby Roibeard Óg » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:24 pm

At the minute, Lea and Perrins! I always hated the stuff, but I fear I may have the "pregnancy-fever"... many ladies eat lots of eggs! :lol:

Also, reading the Twilight series for the fourth time!! I feel like a wee teenager, ubt I jsut can't help it! xD
"Tús maith, leath na hoibre!"
Roibeard Óg
Addicted to Moya

Postby Brandy » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:48 pm

I am addicted to coffe and tea. I love to try new flavors and I'm lost without my daily cup.
Brandy

Postby eadgyth » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:41 pm

Brandy wrote:I am addicted to coffe and tea. I love to try new flavors and I'm lost without my daily cup.

I know what you mean. The day starts badly if I don't get my cup of coffee in the morning. Although I strongly suspect that it's more the time I between getting up and rushing off to work that I need than the actual caffeine. Although, if I don't get my coffee in the afternoon I'm ready for bed at four.

Also, currently addicted to Horo Gheallaidh and the Highland Sessions. I'm watching all the bits and pieces on youtube I can find, for the 100th time... :)
I read somewhere that the Highland Sessions were available on DVD, but I just can't seem to find them...anyone know where I might get lucky?
Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional
eadgyth
Addicted to Moya

Postby AndyPandy » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:29 pm

Pool (the game, not the thing you swim in)

I used to be pretty good at it when I was a student, that and drinking beer.
Thankfully the two go hand in hand so i'm rediscovering my pool talents, so far i'm unbeaten in my circle of beer.. err pool playing chums.

I have found that the correct amount of ale to consume before playing skills improve is 2 imperial pints, any more then you can't really be bothered to play to win, any less and you are not 'relaxed' enough to play properly. :mrgreen:
Music is food for the soul.
AndyPandy
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:33 pm

lol, thanks Andy, I needed something to make me smile.
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Grania » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:43 pm

Sorry for double posting!

I've started reading a series of fictional books based on the story of Boudica. So far I've read the first one 'Boudica: Dreaming the Eagle' and am now on the second one. They're really good, but unfortunately I can't get the stories out of my head while I'm trying to do other things :roll: I get this occasionally with a new book, sometimes it'll interrupt my sleep for one night, but then everything goes back to a level....I can't seem to shake these, must have had 3 nights now where I haven't slept properly :? :? :? :? :? :? it's really weird.

They're still good books though :lol: And have got me interested in Boudica and the Romans, which I never really was before (always good to broaden horizons :D ) also though, there's a large element of sort of mysticism in them, and that sense is kind of....not disconecting me from reality exactly but I don't know how else to put it. It's sort of a case of looking out the window and just wanting to float away somewhere - the snow doesn't help either, as it has the same effect :shock:

I heard Your voice
Step By Step
Grania

Postby A_S » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:29 pm

G, you're finally discovering the joy that is Roman Britain! I read the first two of those books, I think, and loved the first one. The second one wasn't quite what I was looking for, since I got quite annoyed at the younger brother character. But yes, high dose of mysticism. I think that I read somewhere that the author is also a dream interpreter or something so that is probably where that element stems from.
A_S
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Luned » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:20 pm

You've just made me really curious, girls! :lol:

Those must be really great books if they've managed to get hold of your imagination to such an extent, Grania :) This has happened to me a few times and yes, it is rather distracting when you just can't concentrate on the task you're supposed to be doing at the moment, but on the whole I find this state rather pleasant. And it seems that the next step is that the characters start living their own lives in your imagination, but you will probably know that already ;)
Luned
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:22 pm

A_S wrote:G, you're finally discovering the joy that is Roman Britain! I read the first two of those books, I think, and loved the first one. The second one wasn't quite what I was looking for, since I got quite annoyed at the younger brother character. But yes, high dose of mysticism. I think that I read somewhere that the author is also a dream interpreter or something so that is probably where that element stems from.

You know them! Excellent :lol: Yes, I'm getting very annoyed with the younger brother character as well, but I'm waiting to see if that improves..apparently there's four of these books, so there's got to be more yet :lol:

The mysticism combined with more snow than I think I've ever seen is a very strange feeling :shock: It rather feels as though my brain isn't quite connected to my body...I think the dreamers have got me :lol:

I heard Your voice
Step By Step
Grania

Postby Brandy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:27 pm

I think I may have passed my addiction to chapstick on to my 2 year old little girl. She knows where I keep my stash and I find the tubes in the little pockets of her jeans every time I do laundry.
Brandy

Postby Dubhy63 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:54 am

Snow photos :)

I have taken many during the last few weeks,one could easily think that I had never seen the white stuff before :mrgreen:
* No man ever wore a scarf as warm as his daughter’s arm around his neck.*
Dubhy63
Addicted to Moya

PreviousNext

Return to Fan space