Rage Against the X factor

Your platform. Get to know each other (but don't forget about us!)

Moderator: All Moderators

Rage Against the X factor

Postby AndyPandy » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:56 pm

I'm happy because the UK Christmas No. 1 single is the best one for years..... hehehe :mrgreen: :wink:
Music is food for the soul.
AndyPandy
Addicted to Moya

Re: Rage Against the X factor

Postby wonky_eggs » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:19 pm

AndyPandy wrote:I'm happy because the UK Christmas No. 1 single is the best one for years..... hehehe :mrgreen: :wink:

I'm not a fan of the song, but better that than most of the X-Factor drivel that have dominated the Christmas No.1 spot for so long. I would have preferred the Rolf Harris song though - much more fun! :lol:
wonky_eggs

Postby AndyPandy » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:42 am

Hehe well its not exactly a Christmassy song but yeah, the whole idea was to stop the dominance of the Christmas chart by 'X-factor drivel' as you so accurately put it!

Next year, the floral dance? :D
AndyPandy
Addicted to Moya

Postby nessieq » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:28 pm

It still annoys me that all the profits for both songs went straight to Simon Cowell. I know that it was the idea of beating the X factor that mattered, but I'd have been much happier if it didn't mean doubling sony's profits instead of a smaller struggling company!
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
nessieq

Postby Grania » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:19 pm

Hasn't he got enough money already :? Come the revolution we'll have something decent there for Christmas :lol:
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Angoid » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:27 pm

Someone told me that some of the money from the Rage Against The Machine song went to charity .... I certainly hope so. Don't know whether that's true or not.

Can't say that it's my kind of music in the slightest, but I guess it was good to break what was fast becoming a tradition.

Now, where did those tickets to go and see Jedward get to :P :shock: :P (no, only joking)
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby nessieq » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:05 pm

Angoid wrote:
Now, where did those tickets to go and see Jedward get to :P :shock: :P (no, only joking)

My eyes were seriously like this :shock: for a moment there...

Hope you're right about charity - one of the very few instances where I hope to be wrong!! :mrgreen:
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
nessieq

Postby AndyPandy » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:38 pm

Its true, the facebook group set up to accomplish it raised £70,000 for shelter, a UK charity for the homeless. Also Zack de la Rocha from Rage said that a 'large proportion' of the royalties from the song would be going to the same charity.

I've got to admit i'm guilty of buying it, I do quite like the song especially for 'sticking it to the man' whilst driving down the motorway. :P
AndyPandy
Addicted to Moya

Postby wonky_eggs » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:04 pm

AndyPandy wrote:Its true, the facebook group set up to accomplish it raised £70,000 for shelter, a UK charity for the homeless. Also Zack de la Rocha from Rage said that a 'large proportion' of the royalties from the song would be going to the same charity.

That is excellent news.

AndyPandy wrote:I've got to admit i'm guilty of buying it, I do quite like the song especially for 'sticking it to the man' whilst driving down the motorway. :P

:lol: Brill - it's things like this that make me realise this forum needs a Facebook-style 'like' button!
wonky_eggs

Return to Fan space