hello from switzerland

Your platform. Get to know each other (but don't forget about us!)

Moderator: All Moderators

hello from switzerland

Postby mithrandir72 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:03 pm

well, as i taked a look at my registrationdate here, i thought it's really time to introduce myself a little bit...
the main reason that i post rare is that my english may be difficult to understand. but only trying i can get better :)

my name is rosario, 37, christian, i'm italian but i grew up in switzerland and i'm married to a wonderful swiss woman. i have two children: debora (9) and dario (8 )

i'm working as carpenter and i'm involved in a little local church as youth-mentor as well.
in my leisure time i love to watch and play football (i'm coaching a team and playing there as well), watching movies (for example i'm a huge fan of the lord of the rings...) or simply enjoy my family.

the first time i came in touch with moya's music it must have been in 2001 i think. i've seen the cd "perfect time" and thought "mmh, the cover looks nice, let's hear it..." as growing up with rock and metal this was a total new music experience for me... and when i came to the song "na paisti" i was blown away! what a incredible, wonderful, spheric voice! so stunning! what a discovering i made! since that moment "perfect time" is my very precious moya-album and "na paisti" still one of my favorites - so loving that song!
then i bought "whisper to the wild water" and all upcoming albums. in the meantime i also read the book "the other side of the rainbow" and it has become one of my favorite books. i was deeply touched and encouraged, because my youthlife was very bad and i did a lot of things i'm ashamed for.
then in april 2005 i had my first moya-concert experience and it was the best concert ever. i mean, i've seen acts like alice cooper or simple minds, but this one was definitely different: uplifting, close, inimate - i don't find words to describe...
then 4 long years of waiting till moya came back to switzerland and me and wife were running there :D
and after the concert (yes, it was even so great as the first one, unless even better...) we had the opportunity to meet moya. really a wonderful, humble and lovely person! it was one of the most beautiful moments in my life - i will never forget!
...that's my short version...

wow, sorry, i've been long now... :oops:

however, happy to be here among you :D

greets and blessings, rosario
Rosario

"even the smallest person can change the course of the future"
mithrandir72

Postby eadgyth » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:42 pm

Rosario, thanks for introducing yourself, it's nice to see you posting here. Don't worry about your English, it's perfectly fine and understandable. Besides, there are lot of people here who don't have English as their mother language, and we're not at school, so don't worry about making mistakes.

Perfect Time was my first solo Moya album as well (I did know Clannad before, though - okay, that's an understatement, I was a huge fan by that time) and I loved it the first time I heard it. It still is one of my favourite albums, even though I haven't listened to it in a while. But the songs have something that stays with you, no matter when you last listened to it.

I'm glad you enjoyed the concert, I hope you get the chance to go again.
Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional
eadgyth
Addicted to Moya

Postby Luned » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:27 pm

Benvenuto, Rosario! :D

As Eadgyth said, I think your English is perfectly understandable! Glad you enjoyed the concert :) I hope you'll have great time here!
Luned
Addicted to Moya

Postby kevinkells » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:26 am

Hello Rosario...I've never had the privilege of experiencing Moya at a concert...I envy you!. Thanks for opening up about yourself and sharing, and your English is fine!.
kevinkells
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Hester » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:06 am

Hi Rosario!

Thank you so much for your wonderful story...your english difficult to understand?! Not at all! I was drawn into your story completely and think it is very moving. Thanks for joining us! You've come to the right place, there are loads of friendly people around here, and that includes Moya who drops in every now and then for a chat!

See you around!

Hester
Love takes off the mask we fear we cannot live without an know we cannot live within - James Baldwin
Hester
Addicted to Moya

Postby Dab051176 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:35 pm

Greetings from the UK, Rosario - welcome to the forum!

As the others have said, your English is fine - please don't worry about that! :wink:

Good to hear that you enjoyed the concert, too, and that you had chance to speak to Moya afterwards.

Feel free to ask if you need anything, there are usually plenty of us around who would be happy to help!
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Angoid » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:48 pm

Glad to have you around, Rosario :) always nice to see new faces :)
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby cantilena91 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:24 pm

Welcome from my side as well, Rosario, and greetings from Finland! Nice to have you here with us all, just don't worry about your English because it is fine! And, the more you use it here with us the better your skills will become!

Suvi
"Your golden breath took darkness away, if I ask, You won't let me go..."
cantilena91
Addicted to Moya

Postby mithrandir72 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:59 am

wow, thank you so much for all your warm and friendly greetings :o
never expected to be accomodated in a so lovely way! moya is not only a gorgeous person she has gorgeous fans as well... :D

wishing you all a very blessed and wonderful christmas!
Rosario

mithrandir72

Postby mithrandir72 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:52 pm

eadgyth wrote:Perfect Time ... the songs have something that stays with you, no matter when you last listened to it.
you get the point! exactly what i would say too :)
eadgyth wrote:I'm glad you enjoyed the concert, I hope you get the chance to go again.
oh yes, i hope that too - very enchanting moments...

kevinkells wrote:Hello Rosario...I've never had the privilege of experiencing Moya at a concert...I envy you!.
i'm really hoping that you will have the opportunity soon!

Dab051176 wrote:Feel free to ask if you need anything, there are usually plenty of us around who would be happy to help!
i went for 4 days to england in 2004 and i was impressed by the affability of people there. and now i'm gonna make the same experiences here in this forum (ok, there are festive days now and at the moment only a few are around... :mrgreen:) - a great place to be :D

Hester wrote:I was drawn into your story completely and think it is very moving.
in fact it's a miracle that i'm still alive, but i think this would go too far to relate here...

@Luned: tante grazie :D
@all: thank you for your "english-encouragement" ...i'm working on it :wink:
Rosario

mithrandir72

Postby Anya » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:06 pm

Welcome Rosario. It's great to have you here. Your English is just fine. :D
Anything is possible, if you believe.
Anya
Addicted to Moya

Postby Dubhy63 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:50 pm

A big hello from Dublin,welcome to the forum Rosario :D