Official Fanclub in Europe and/or Switzerland?

Discuss anything about Moya and her music

Moderator: All Moderators

Official Fanclub in Europe and/or Switzerland?

Postby Padraic » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:21 pm

hi to all out there

does anybody know, if there is a official Máire Brennan-Fanclub outthere ?
happy about every information you can give me...

love from switzerland

pat
Padraic

Postby Dab051176 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:03 pm

Yes - you could say you're already part of it here, Pat! :wink:

Moya has been known to drop by here occasionally and have chat sessions with us (the last one was for the forum anniversary last year, if I remember correctly), so you're definitely in the right place if you want to be with other fans! :mrgreen:

I don't think that Moya has a postal or subscription fan club, though, if that's what you meant (although I'm happy to be corrected!).
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Roibeard Óg » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:46 pm

There used to be a postal address for a Clannad fanclub, but with email that has all changed. I must say, I love snailmail! I'm a bit old-fashioned! :lol:

Hopefully there will be a PO Box or something in the future, but with Moya and everyone doing so much work as well as reading emails, it must be very difficult. The past two years have been some of the busiest of Moya's career in my lifetime, with about 3/4 tours a year and with travelling around the world for meetings and stuff as well as recording and planning tours, it must be a daunting thought, but hopefully in the future! =]

This is probably the best Moya fanclub about and the official one. I've met really good friends here as well as people who have turned out to be colleagues, so make sure to introduce yourself a Phádraic, nice to see you here! Everyone's very friendly, so don't be afraid to post! :D
"Tús maith, leath na hoibre!"
Roibeard Óg
Addicted to Moya

Postby A_S » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:38 pm

Yup, I'd say that we're as official as it comes! Like Dave said, Moya maintains a presence on this forum. If you ever meet her, be sure to tell her that you post here too!
A_S
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Padraic » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:55 pm

hey lads... slán!

thanx 4 all ur nice replies...
but what i mean is, a fanclub with special events with moya, with special infos, with meeting up eachother once in yeas and so on...
do you know?
a bit of more and stonger contact with her...
sorry, i'm not a native english speaker, as you may detected, so sometimes its diffcult to express what i mean....

got me ?

love
pat
Padraic

Postby A_S » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:14 pm

Yes, I think that this forum is what you are looking for. Moya comes here to chat now and then and there have been a few forum meet-ups in Donegal. She's absolutely wonderful with her fans, and she makes sure to take the time to chat with people after shows, especially forum people.
A_S
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Dab051176 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:08 pm

As far as I know, Pat, this forum is the closest you'll get to what you're describing! :wink:

The best place to meet Moya is definitely at concerts. As A_S says, she usually goes out to meet people afterwards, especially making time to chat with people from the forum. I don't know how practical it is for you to get there from Switzerland, but Moya is touring Holland next April, if you can get to one of those, it's a good start!

Our meet-ups are sometimes known as "Gweedore Gatherings", when a group of us go over to Donegal for a few days. We haven't got anything planned for 2010 yet (unless people know something I don't! :lol:), but a group of us went over in 2008 for the 40th anniversary of Leo's Tavern, and this year we went to see Moya in concert with the Inishowen Gospel Choir. Keep an eye on here, though, because you never know when something might come up.

It may not be exactly what you were thinking of originally, but I hope between us that we've "sold" the benefits of the forum, anyway! :mrgreen:
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Return to General