Quick thought about the Holland tour...

Memories of shows, dreams of shows to come

Moderators: wonky_eggs, nessieq, mise, Grania, Banba Óir, All Moderators

Quick thought about the Holland tour...

Postby PierreC » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:11 am

Have you took the time to look at the travelling Moya will have to do in her upcoming tour in Holland ? Lots of millages my friend ? :roll:

Criss-crossing the country many times its incredible the millage she will have to do.

Im trying to find the best date to land in Amsterdam and see as many gigs as i can without having to go back in forth across the country.

...not an easy job....North...south...east...west !! Anyway i still have time to think about it.
PierreC
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Grania » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:36 pm

:lol: Didn't we warn you that once you were bitten you'd be stuck? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Dab051176 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:06 pm

It will be a lot of travelling, Pierre, but from what I can remember of my last visit there, the public transport system is very good - so it might be easier than you think! At the moment, it looks as though I'll be at the Purmerend concert, so I'll maybe see you there (look for a British guy in a wheelchair - I'm not hard to spot! :mrgreen: ).

Oh, and G's right - you've definitely been bitten hard by the "Moya Bug"!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Hester » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:39 pm

it's true...you can easily get to places by trains and busses in our country :D
Love takes off the mask we fear we cannot live without an know we cannot live within - James Baldwin
Hester
Addicted to Moya

Postby PierreC » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:46 pm

Yes Hester i thought about the train but i prefer the freedom of a rental.

Yes Grania the Moya liveshow bug has bitten me severely :oops:. Specially the German tour. I found those gigs sooo wonderful. i cant get enough of that

David Purmerend sounds like a good idea. Close to Amsterdam and close to gigs in Alkmaar, Leiden and Breda. But in the middle of all this Moya will have to go down to Kerkrade :cry: ....ill skip this one and go back to Amsterdam for a quick visit.

Anyways, best deal distance wise are gigs from april 15th to 25 or april 23rd to the end.

I still have time to think about it. Dont i ?
PierreC
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Dab051176 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:47 am

:oops: Think you might have hit Submit twice by mistake, Pierre!!! You might want to contact a moderator to get the double post removed!!! :wink: that's now been taken care of DaveAs you say, we've got plenty of time to decide - if you do make it, it would be great to meet you!!!
Dave

Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Susann » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:11 pm

In April I will not have much time but I'm going to the gig in Kerkrade :) :) :).
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. (Oscar Wilde)
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

Postby PierreC » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:00 pm

Just to let you know that i have my tx for these gigs

Eindhoven
Hengelo
Wageningen
Tiel
Cuijk

I think that should be enough for the time being. And of course...they are all front row seats ! :lol:
PierreC
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Hester » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:24 am

:shock: :shock: :shock: Wow, can't believe you're able to go to all these gigs!! :D
Might see you during the one in Hengelo...
Love takes off the mask we fear we cannot live without an know we cannot live within - James Baldwin
Hester
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:31 pm

:lol: That's it, I've got to come now, can't let you best me 3 tours in a row :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby PierreC » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:39 pm

Dave,

As you can see i have concentrated my effort in the late portion of the tour, simply because i didnt "win" the negociation with the producers of the shows around april 15th, meaning having the seat i want :oops: , im not travelling from Montreal to be seated in the back of the venue .

And traveling wise its better for me to do the show i will do. There is a lot of criss-crossing during this tour. You've got to admire Moya to constantly do this kind of travelling. Whats amazing is that Moya will be in North-America early january (7.8.9) in an undetermined venue yet. And amazingly enough she will still be in North-America just 4 days before the Dutch tour starts.

Im hoping to catch a few gigs closer to my home before i cross the big lake ! That 3 days in NY is very tempting, although maybe impossible. You see its winter in Montreal in january and certainly not safe to drive to NY.

But you never know ! :lol:

That woman is amazing. In part its her dedication and passion for her work that makes me travel like i've been doing.

And to Grania, sure like to see you again. Are you really considering coming to NL or are you just kidding ? 8)
PierreC
Enthusiastic Member

Postby A_S » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:48 pm

Hey, what do we know about those three NYC dates next month? I would so love a chance to see Moya then, and it could very well work out for me, but if I am going to plan that I need time to figure out where to stay in the city (as in give my friends who live there enough notice...).
A_S
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby PierreC » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:10 pm

Nothing much yet. No venue confirmed
PierreC
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Kate » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:26 pm

PierreC wrote:Just to let you know that i have my tx for these gigs

Eindhoven
Hengelo
Wageningen
Tiel
Cuijk

I think that should be enough for the time being. And of course...they are all front row seats ! :lol:

:shock: :D Wow! Good for you Pierre! and all front row seats - lucky you :D

Hoping I might be able to go to a gig myself.
Kate
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Dab051176 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:24 pm

OK, plan B....

Dave's got a ticket for Eindhoven - so anybody going to that gig (Pierre especially!:wink:), I'll see you there! :D
Dave

Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Next

Return to Moya live