Moya Brennan German X-mas Tour 2009

Memories of shows, dreams of shows to come

Moderators: wonky_eggs, nessieq, mise, Grania, Banba Óir, All Moderators

Postby eadgyth » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:26 pm

Have a safe journey, Pierre! May you have a good flying weather and no delays :)
Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional
eadgyth
Addicted to Moya

Postby PierreC » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:54 pm

thanks..no delay expected. Its 13c here and it will be somewhere around 8c in Berlin.

Before i hit the sack tonight i will have one more Moya gig under my belt !

haha :lol:
PierreC
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Puha » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:00 pm

I was in concert in Berlin in this week. It was fantastic! :lol:
Both the fans and the musicians enjoyed the party.
It was in a church, and I think, will be cold, and solemn. But it was like a houseparty, with so many friends :) And warm - I didnt feld cold.
After the concert I made sign my booklets with Moya - and I can tell her how glad I am, because I can listen my absolute favorit song: Sally Garden.
I bought Sinead first solo album, and I made sign it too. It is very
harmonious, enchanting album.

We took few photos, I will share it.
Puha

Postby eadgyth » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:10 pm

@ Puha: Berlin was great, wasn't it? I loved how Moya and the band tried to involve the audience, I had so much fun singing, even though I normally never sing.

I walked past the church earlier on Monday, to check where it was and what the easiest and fastest way of getting there was. Since there were no fixed seats, I wasn't going to take any chances at being late. I left my hostel two hours before the scheduled beginning, only to discover half an hour later that I had left my ticket in my room :shock: . So when I finally made it to the venue, there was already quite a line, then they "confiscated" my camera at the entrance, because it was too big and would have needed a press accreditation! In the end it was more of a blessing, because I was able to fully concentrate on the concert and really enjoy it, I know that otherwise I would only have gotten upset by the guy in front of me getting in the way of my pictures!
The concert itself was great, Moya and the band really seemed to enjoy themselves. Moya made us sing along to Mhuirnin Ó and Two Sisters (she actually stoped the band and made them go back on a stanza because we had almost all stoped singing :lol: ) The church itself is rather small, so it was a very intimate affair. That day was Leon's 50th birthday, so somewhere towards the end of the concert Moya sang "Happy birthday" to him, with some of us joining in.
It was also nice to meed Moya afterwards, only I was so nervous that she must now think I'm a complete idiot...couldn't get a single coherent sentence out :oops:
Bought Sinead's album too and love it! It's the perfect album to listen to safely inside on a rainy day. Thanks to Sinead I also got hold of a setlist...otherwise I would never have been able to remember all the songs.

So here goes:
Caislean Or
Tapestry
Caidé sin do'n té sin
Morag's na horo gheallaidh / Alastair MacColla
Sally Gardens
Miss MacDiarmuid/Trip to "Berlin"
In the Bleak Midwinter
In a Lifetime
Robin Medly (Hooded Man, Lady Marian, Together we, Ancient Forest)
Harry's Game
Someone Else (Sinead - with a round of huge applause)
A Mhuirnín Ó
She Moved through the Fair
Maire Bhruineal
What Child is this
God rest ye merry Gentlemen
Carolan's Concerto
I will find you
Dúlamán
Don Oiche ud / Do you hear what I hear
Against the Wind
Two Sisters
Deck the Halls
Oiche Chuin (she sang one stanza in perfect German :P )

Hope I didn't bore you all to death with my ranting...now I just have to figure out how I'll be able to probably make it to another one in the near future...
eadgyth
Addicted to Moya

Postby eadgyth » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:08 pm

Sorry for posting twice in a row, but I am seriously considering to go to the Ludwigsburg concert next week....I still haven't ordered the tickets, but I'd have to take the train there on Saturday and leave again Sunday night....it's a six hour journey in both directions...should I be worried :? ?
eadgyth
Addicted to Moya

Postby Susann » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:14 am

eadgyth wrote:Sorry for posting twice in a row, but I am seriously considering to go to the Ludwigsburg concert next week....I still haven't ordered the tickets, but I'd have to take the train there on Saturday and leave again Sunday night....it's a six hour journey in both directions...should I be worried :? ?

I will be in Ludwigsburg as well. Maybe you can recognize me from the Avatar-picture. I would like to meet you there.
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. (Oscar Wilde)
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Dab051176 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:02 pm

eadgyth wrote: The concert itself was great, Moya and the band really seemed to enjoy themselves. Moya made us sing along to Mhuirnin Ó and Two Sisters (she actually stoped the band and made them go back on a stanza because we had almost all stoped singing :lol: )

They did both??? That's unusual, it's usually one or the other! Roll on Dublin - this is going to be fun!!!! :wink: :lol:

eadgyth wrote: It was also nice to meed Moya afterwards, only I was so nervous that she must now think I'm a complete idiot...couldn't get a single coherent sentence out :oops:

I'm sure she didn't mind, Eadgyth - don't worry! If it's any consolation, you can't have been any less coherent than I was the first time I met Moya. I cringe at the thought of some of the rubbish I came out with that night! :oops: Thankfully, it's not a problem that's lasted long, though!!! :lol:
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:33 pm

:lol: Don't worry eadgyth, you can't have been worse than me the first time I met Moya - I shudder at the thought of some of the things I came out with, and not just the first time! :lol: She doesn't seem to have held it against me, I'm relieved to say! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Roll on Dublin indeed, Dave my friend, are you ready for some serious craic?
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Dab051176 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:43 pm

Grania wrote: Roll on Dublin indeed, Dave my friend, are you ready for some serious craic?

Last concert of the tour, with us mad lot in the house?! :wink::lol: It should be most excellent craic!!!! :mrgreen:
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:08 pm

:lol: When you put it like that.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Puha » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:15 am

eadgyth wrote:@ Thanks to Sinead I also got hold of a setlist...otherwise I would never have been able to remember all the songs.

You have it too? :) I asked the setlist from Sineadas well, and she gave Fionán's list.
Puha

Postby Luned » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:26 pm

eadgyth wrote:Moya and the band really seemed to enjoy themselves. Moya made us sing along to Mhuirnin Ó and Two Sisters (she actually stoped the band and made them go back on a stanza because we had almost all stoped singing :lol: )

it was exactly like that in Szczecin :lol:

eadgyth wrote:It was also nice to meet Moya afterwards, only I was so nervous that she must now think I'm a complete idiot...couldn't get a single coherent sentence out :oops:

The first time I had a chance to talk to Moya last year in Sopot I got stuck at saying 'hi' :oops: then, when I was trying to say something more or less coherent I got entangled in the third conditional :oops: I'm not really sure if I did much better last Friday after the concert in Szczecin :oops:
Luned
Addicted to Moya

Postby eadgyth » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:34 pm

:lol: :lol: good to know I'm not the only one who almost forgot her own name when (trying) trying talking to Moya!

@ Puha: were you with three friends and sitting in the first row, at the left hand side from the stage? Because in that case I was right behind you when you got your CD signed by Sinead...

@ Susann: I can't believe I really did this, but I just ordered my tickets for Ludwigsburg! Now I still have to try and find a train that takes me there and back again, not to speak of a good book to read...and I'll meet you there :P
eadgyth
Addicted to Moya

Postby Luned » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:21 pm

eadgyth wrote::lol: :lol: good to know I'm not the only one who almost forgot her own name when (trying) trying talking to Moya!

by the way, if someone had ever told me that I was learning English spelling to spell my name to Moya one day... :shock: :lol:

as for the long journey you mentioned before, 6 hours one way is not that bad really ;) it took me about that long to go there and a friend of mine, who went there from a different city, had to travel even 10 hours one way and she did it. Have fun at Ludwigsburg!

[off topic] I'm listening to the radio and 'Shackles / Praise you' has just started playing - a certain live performance comes to mind :mrgreen: [off topic]
Luned
Addicted to Moya

Postby Puha » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:00 am

eadgyth, yes, we were that :)

This was my third time to meet Moya. I was the two Clannad concert in last summer in Poland. At time I cannt speak good in english, and this a little knowledge was vanished when I meet Moya. I started a sentence but nor I didnt know, what wanted I say.
As I learn english since last autumn and now I could tell to Moya what I wanted to share with her. :)
Puha

PreviousNext

Return to Moya live