Floodings in Ireland and England

The world's a big place. There's lots going on. Let everyone else know about it.

Moderator: All Moderators

Floodings in Ireland and England

Postby Susann » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:43 pm

In German news I have seen reports about floodings in England and Ireland :shock:. Furthermore Germans who live in Ireland have told about the problems there in http://www.irlandforum.de. I hope everyone of you who lives in the affected areas is well.
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. (Oscar Wilde)
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Floodings in Ireland and England

Postby wonky_eggs » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:38 pm

Susann wrote:In German news I have seen reports about floodings in England and Ireland :shock:. Furthermore Germans who live in Ireland have told about the problems there in http://www.irlandforum.de. I hope everyone of you who lives in the affected areas is well.

It is terrible for those caught up in the floods, which sadly do appear to be getting more common these days. I hope none of our forum members are among those affected.
wonky_eggs

Re: Floodings in Ireland and England

Postby eadgyth » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:39 pm

[quote="wonky_eggs] It is terrible for those caught up in the floods, which sadly do appear to be getting more common these days. I hope none of our forum members are among those affected.[/quote]

So do I!
But I think the weather is going crazy all over the planet. In Austria it should be between 5-10 °C colder around this time of year than it is, and we've had quite serious floodings here as well in summer, more than usual...and there are still some people who deny global warming!
Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional
eadgyth
Addicted to Moya

Postby cantilena91 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:21 pm

No floodings here in Finland (thank goodness!) as yet, but we have had the rain too, it's been raining for several days in a row here where I live! No snow here either, the daytime temperatures are just way too high for that (around +5C)... Definitely climate change to blame (that's what the former teacher I met yesterday thinks too)!

Suvi
"Your golden breath took darkness away, if I ask, You won't let me go..."
cantilena91
Addicted to Moya

Postby Dubhy63 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:37 pm

The floodings aren't confined to the midlands or the west anymore,parts of Dublin and Kildare got their portion today.
* No man ever wore a scarf as warm as his daughter’s arm around his neck.*
Dubhy63
Addicted to Moya

Return to Rattle Bag