Moya in Sczezcin Poland

Memories of shows, dreams of shows to come

Moderators: wonky_eggs, nessieq, mise, Grania, Banba Óir, All Moderators

Moya in Sczezcin Poland

Postby PierreC » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:14 pm

Not much infos about this concert. Heres what i found on the city website;

Moya Brennan (CLANNAD)
4 grudnia.2009, hrs. 19.00, St Mark's Basilica. James, Szczecin, Poland

Moya Brennan (proper name: Maire Brennan) is the main voice of the legendary Irish group Clannad.

Clannad The history dates back to the beginning of the 70s, and is linked to the Brennan family, and especially the two most talented sisters --
old Maire (Moya) and a younger Eithne (Enya). The first one is just Moya Brennan (Clannad continuously), and the other is ... famous Enya (Clannad in the years 1979-1982). CLANNAD is a recognized brand, alongside U2's most recognizable team from Ireland. World popularity resulted in the team album "Magical Ring" (1983), "Legend" in 1984 (music for film / TV series "Robin of Sherwood, who was a big hit the 80s in Poland) and 'Macalla', where Moya sings including a duet with lead singer U2 - Bono. Since 1992, Moya Brennan maintained a solo career, so far recorded 10 albums copyright. In Szczecin Moya will present the "Irish Christmas", in which we hear Irish and international carols.

www.myspace.com / moyabrennan
www.morzemuzyki.pl

Tickets are now available throughout the sales network:
- Kiosk in the main entrance to St. Peter's Basilica. Jacob
- CIKiT Castle, ul. Pirates 34, tel 091.4891630
- EMPIK Salon, st. Polish province 2, tel 091.4336447
- CH Galaxy EMPIK al. Liberation 18, tel 091.4839200
- EMPIK CH Rudder, st. Toward the sun, tel 091.4838180
- Cash Philharmonic, pl. Army 1, tel 091.4221252

ticket prices:
50 zł przedsprzedaz to 20 November
65 zł przedsprzedaz from 21 to 30 November
80 zł price from December 1

tickets on the Internet: www.bilety.koncerty.com

INFORMATION ABOUT TICKETS FOR GROUPS AND COMPANIES:
tel / fax: 091.4237712, mobile: 0503.173959, e-mail: bilety@koncerty.com

Well i might go to this one too. I dont know, could be fun to visit Poland.
PierreC
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Piotr Cú Chulainn » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:09 am

You are very welcome :)
"Follow your dreams"
Piotr Cú Chulainn
Enthusiastic Member

Postby PierreC » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:11 pm

Thanks Piotr...but im not going to this one.

I have to calm down a bit. Im doing the first four gigs then i saw Ian Anderson in Berlin on the 3rd . That makes 5 gigs in a row !

So im staying in Berlin december 4th....unless i change my mind once im in the city ! :lol:

Just 6 hours before flight time ! :lol:

im nervous..again. Never been to Germany and i have to drive from Berlin all the way to Buchholz. I hope they speak english ! :oops:
PierreC
Enthusiastic Member

Postby eadgyth » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:30 pm

If I were you, Pierre, I'd worry less about the people speaking English than about driving out of Berlin on my own :shock:

And most people have at least basic English skills :D
Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional
eadgyth
Addicted to Moya

Postby PierreC » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:52 pm

im driving out of Tegel ...witch is close to the highway i have to take on the way to Buchholz..

Is this going to be easy ?... :(
PierreC
Enthusiastic Member

Postby eadgyth » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:02 pm

okay, so you're never really going into the city! It's fairly easy to find the highway from tegel, just follow the blue signs that have a white pictogram that looks like a capital A (two lanes converging in the distance, with a bridge over them), don't know about Canada, but in Europe it's the common sign for highway.
I hope I just didn't explain something to you which you already knew and now makes me look like an idiot :?
eadgyth
Addicted to Moya

Postby PierreC » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:27 pm

No you Dont look like an idiot lol ! I wish i can go Poland but i will travel a lot. 4 gigs in a row !

But if you still tease me about going there i might do just that !lol

Im gradually getting use to the German highways
PierreC
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Piotr Cú Chulainn » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:10 pm

I'm going to Szczecin. I can't wait. It's been one year since I last saw Moya...
"Follow your dreams"
Piotr Cú Chulainn
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Luned » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:39 pm

I'm sooo happy I made it to this concert! :D It was so beautiful! And another important thing was that I was to meet a forum friend from Cracow, Wildrose. We met at the station and went to take a look at the sound check in the Cathedral. We saw Sinead on the stage and passed by Cormac, but since there was no sign of Moya yet we went out to find our accommodation.
We came back about 45 minutes before the beginning of the concert. It was good to see that TOSOTR was again available, along with four Moya’s solo albums and posters. When we went inside it turned out that the best places had already been taken, but still Wildrose found us a bench slightly hidden by a column right behind the VIP area, and as soon as it was obvious that no more VIPs would appear we sneaked into the area and took the places that were left there 8) , so we had a really good view of the whole band.
I had already been to one Clannad concert in Sopot in 2008, and still I was amazed at the beauty of the live renditions which surpassed everything I could have imagined, simply breathtaking! Moya was fantastic, trying to get us to sing the chorus of 'A Mhuirnin O' and then also 'Two Sisters', which she even stopped at some point to listen to us singing it, but it turned out we were somewhat better at simply clapping our hands :D I can imagine she must have been freezing there though. Oh, and Moya said 'thank you' in Polish, which is not that easy with all those Polish sounds, and still she did great :)
After the concert Moya was literally besieged by people queuing for her autograph, but we decided to wait some time and try to talk to Moya when there were fewer people. This way we came across Piotr Cú Chulainn and chatted a while. I was standing there, looking at Moya smiling and signing the cds, and it all seemed so unreal I had to tell myself that I wasn’t watching it on tv, that it was going on there and then. Weird, I know ;) Finally, it was our turn to approach Moya, she signed the booklets and posters for us and we also took some photos. I was to take a photo of Moya and Wildrose with Wildrose’s camera but clumsy as I am I didn’t manage to do it properly :oops: , at which point I was rescued by Tim! That was so kind. I was thinking about what I wanted to tell Moya during the whole concert but in the end I only managed to thank her for coming. It really is so amazing that she came to Poland three times within a bit more than one year and I hope she will come here again.
Thank you so much for a wonderful evening, Moya! :) :) :)

Some pictures from a local newspaper’s website:
http://www.echo.szczecin.pl/relacje-07, ... stmas.html

Someone posted the tracklist at last.fm, so here it is:
Caislean Or
Tapestry
Morag's na horo gheallaidh / Alastair MacColla
Down By the Sally Gardens
In a Lifetime
Robin Medley
Harry's Game
A Mhuirnín Ó
Maire Bhruineal
What Child is this
God rest ye merry Gentlemen
Gabriel’s Message
Tunes: Mrs MacDiarmuid/Trip to "Szczecin”
I will find you
Against the Wind
Don Oiche ud / Do you hear what I hear
Deck the Halls
Oiche Chuin
Encore:
Two sisters
Dúlamán
Luned
Addicted to Moya

Postby eadgyth » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:40 pm

Luned wrote:I was thinking about what I wanted to tell Moya during the whole concert but in the end I only managed to thank her for coming. It really is so amazing that she came to Poland three times within a bit more than one year and I hope she will come here again.
Thank you so much for a wonderful evening, Moya! :) :) :)

tell me about it! I had a hundred things I wanted to say and in the end I just blurted out "thank you so much for playing Mhuirnin O" :roll: :lol:
eadgyth
Addicted to Moya

Return to Moya live