Forum loading slowly...

Discuss anything about Moya and her music

Moderator: All Moderators

Forum loading slowly...

Postby Phantas » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:30 pm

HI ...is anyone else experiencing problems or slow loads while accessing the forum?

I always access the forum directly through a link in my favourites, and lately it loads a bit slow...one day it's fine, the other day it is slow.

Anyone else has the same issues now and again? :?:

Love,
Phantas
lost in the aether, leave a message...
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Postby cantilena91 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:47 pm

It isn't just you Phantas, I too have had this slow mode every now and then! It's really annoying!

Suvi
"Your golden breath took darkness away, if I ask, You won't let me go..."
cantilena91
Addicted to Moya

Postby Anya » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:21 pm

I also have been having this problem. It is rather annoying and it's been happening a lot more lately.
Anything is possible, if you believe.
Anya
Addicted to Moya

Postby Phantas » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:43 pm

Phew! I'm glad it's not just me or my pc! :lol:

There has been one day where I couldn't access the forum at all, though I suspect some upgrades were done to the server or something, because I had to re-login the next day.

But around this time, the forum has been loading slow, every other day or so.

Love,
Phantas
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Postby Angoid » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:11 pm

It does seem to be running slowly these days ..... on a number of occasions, I've pointed a browser window here and then another browser session to another website just afterwards. Usually, the other site will be loaded while still waiting for this one to respond.

It's often taken a good 10 to 15 seconds for posts to come up as well.

The server is shared with other websites, so maybe there's a site on this server that is being heavily used ..... or under attack.

But then it's very sporadic. If it was an attack, I'd expect to see the site running slowly all the time.
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby Phantas » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:49 pm

It's especially annoying when you want to reply to a topic......

Maybe it should be reported just in case?

Oh, and by the by, when will the banner change? It's still showing the one from last year (5 years of MB forum :P) ... it would be nice to have a new one up, even though this one is ofcourse lovely and commemorative.

Love,
Phantas
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Postby Angoid » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:07 pm

Yeah ... the "2008" does date it, doesn't it?

Personally, I've never really liked the current banner .... I understand what it's setting out to say and achieve, and I fully agree with the sentiment. But it's never really "wow"ed me to be brutally honest about it :|

Maybe this is a good time to change it, in the run-up to Christmas. Talking of forum changes, I'm painfully aware that I need to look at updating the forum software to the latest version, phpBB3. But this could introduce a lot of functional changes that I'd need to discuss with the mods first.

Tonight, the forum seems as fast as ever and I'm coming in from my old computer which is quite slow. I'll keep an eye on the performance.

If anyone else has noticed performance issues, please post them here as it's worth having as strong a case as possible to present to the hosting company in the event of reporting slowness (they could say things like, "Check with your ISP that the problem is not with them, nor that it's with your own equipment").
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby kevinkells » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:52 pm

I've noticed on occassions it can take awhile to ' preview ' what I want to post!
kevinkells
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Phantas » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:21 pm

I have continous slow loading times...no change there.

Angus, I have to admit I don't find the current banner a beauty TBH....it's too busy, like those wretched jigsaws :P

Perhaps something contemporarily Moya could be put in its place, seeing there has been no new release since Signature / the Live album (I forgot the name :P) ?

Love,
Phantas
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Postby A_S » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:35 am

The forum has been loading slowly lately for me as well. It's hard to say when it started, since I haven't been around as much since I left for university, but it is noticeable.
A_S
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Methica » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:01 pm

Phantas wrote:Perhaps something contemporarily Moya could be put in its place, seeing there has been no new release since Signature / the Live album (I forgot the name :P) ?

Love,
Phantas

You mean Heartstrings?:P
Imperfect is the new perfect
Methica
Addicted to Moya

Postby Phantas » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:23 pm

Methica wrote:
Phantas wrote:Perhaps something contemporarily Moya could be put in its place, seeing there has been no new release since Signature / the Live album (I forgot the name :P) ?

Love,
Phantas

You mean Heartstrings?:P

Yes, that's it :P I couldn't for the life of me remember the name. I must admit I don't play it as often either.

BUt that's something entirely different altogether and I don't want to stray the topic off the course......

Love,
Phantas
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Return to General