question: Rumour or True?

Discuss anything about Moya and her music

Moderator: All Moderators

question: Rumour or True?

Postby Phantas » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:43 pm

Hey guys, I was over at Unity (Enya's forum) and there was talk of Moya doing a "duet album" in the (near) future....

Can someone either confirm or deny this ?

It was rumoured that she was going to do a duet with Sinead O'Connor...now ofcourse I was immediately thinking of the PBS show that's coming on, and maybe someone's simply got his or her wires crossed, but I am open to the opposite!! :D

Love,
Phantas
lost in the aether, leave a message...
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Postby Methica » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:32 pm

I haven't hear any news in a while. Not about the new Clannad album, not the Hymns album. Neither did I hear any more new real news about the PBS show, not something about a possible duet album. I'll keep listening and looking around now though :P
Imperfect is the new perfect
Methica
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:54 pm

I think there may be something related to the television series Moya is doing in the pipeline...but as for something with Enya, I've heard nothing myself at all.
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Phantas » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:01 am

G, I should have put it a bit more clearly, as I wasn't referring to an Enya/Moya duet....but rather Moya releasing an album with various duets, with, amongst others Sinead....

;)

Love,
Phantas
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Postby Dab051176 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:11 pm

I'm not aware of anything either, Phantas, but if US TV is anything like the UK, there are sometimes products released that "tie in" with programmes, so if it is going to happen, as the others have said, it seems most likely to be something to do with Moya's TV programme.

I think I read on Ed's site that the programme won't be aired until early 2010 (please correct me if I'm wrong :wink: ), so we may have to be patient to find out - there's plenty of time yet, though! :)
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Roibeard Óg » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:07 am

Moya has talked about a duets album in a few interviews, I'll see if I can find one! [=
"Tús maith, leath na hoibre!"
Roibeard Óg
Addicted to Moya

Postby Phantas » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:23 pm

thanks, I haven't really been keeping up with recent news regarding Moya... :oops:

Love,
Phantas
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Postby gregoing » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:53 am

http://www.toazted.com/interview/1297/Moya-Brennan.html
Here's a 4-part video interview in which Moya says she'd love to do a duets album (she says that in part 4)... but if I do the math correctly (35 years since Clannad got its name), this interview is a few years old. Who knows if she's up to a duets album now.

Moya, I can sing well and would love to do a duet with you, even for FREE (can't beat that price)! I'm a tenor, in case you need one. :) No, really - I'm serious!

-Greg

BONUS! Here's a link to an article in which the reviewer shares his true opinion on Moya's duet with Shane McGowan, "You're the One."
http://www.examiner.com/x-6592-Louisvil ... ange-duets
"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein
into our prize draw.
gregoing

Return to General