Annoying things

Your platform. Get to know each other (but don't forget about us!)

Moderator: All Moderators

Postby Eternal_Silence » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:29 pm

I am seriously starting to dislike pigeons... Today I was in my room in Leiden to do some stuff and I had opened up my windows, because my room had an overwhelming smell of new wood (which I usually like, but it can get too much).
One of my housemates came upstairs to chat a bit and suddenly she's like urm, there's a pigeon on your windowsill, and a pigeon had indeed comfortably installed itself on my curtains - they still need to be cut and sown, they're way too long. When I shoo'ed the bird away, I found out it had pooped on my (white!) curtains apparantly already a while ago, because I couldn't get it out anymore :(. Freakin' pigeons, they poop everywhere where they shouldn't poop.
The turn of the day, when all music fools come out to play until the drunk turn of night.
http://www.singingriver.deviantart.com
Eternal_Silence
Addicted to Moya

Postby Ardens » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:37 am

Pigeons are nice birds but sometimes they can be annoying indeed. I have a room under the roof so that there are skylights, also over my bed. One morning I woke up and heard an ugly sound over my head. I opened my eyes and saw a pigeon right over my head, it sat there, scratching the glass with its feet staring down at me. It was a scary moment, especially because I was still half-asleep.
Ardens
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:39 am

Rats with wings :lol: We have a lot of wood pidgeons here, and it's the noise they make I can't stand! Not to mention their wonderful habit of seeing how late they can leave getting out of the way of the car without getting run over :roll:
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby AndyPandy » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:57 am

LOL @ marlies with the pigeonpoep! :P

I find the current fashion for young people to call other people 'Ledge' quite annoying. I often reply with 'What kind of ledge, a window ledge??'

I know its supposed to be shortened 'Legend' but surely if I was a Legend then I wouldn't actually exist or I would be dead. :P
Music is food for the soul.
AndyPandy
Addicted to Moya

Postby Methica » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Ipods that crash and delete everything on it. I lost all my music and movies :S And when I look at all the CDs I haven't ripped yet,,, *sigh*
Imperfect is the new perfect
Methica
Addicted to Moya

Postby eadgyth » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:51 pm

Aw, Marlies, I sympathize! I walked through Vienna once when something slightly wet hit me on my shoulder....I couldn't believe it, I mean, what are the odds of getting hit by bird poo? Besides, it was really embrassing because I was on my way to the cinema and I had to sit through Harry Potter with the remains of my unpleasant encounter on my shoulder - it's hard to get rid of, even when fresh!
Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional
eadgyth
Addicted to Moya

Postby Dab051176 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:00 pm

Methica wrote:Ipods that crash and delete everything on it. I lost all my music and movies :S And when I look at all the CDs I haven't ripped yet,,, *sigh*

(((((((((((Methica)))))))))))) I've never had the actual iPod crash on me, but I've lost count of the number of times my laptop has crashed and I've ended up restoring iTunes from back up CDs - so I sympathise!!!! :roll:
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:58 pm

eadgyth wrote:Aw, Marlies, I sympathize! I walked through Vienna once when something slightly wet hit me on my shoulder....I couldn't believe it, I mean, what are the odds of getting hit by bird poo? Besides, it was really embrassing because I was on my way to the cinema and I had to sit through Harry Potter with the remains of my unpleasant encounter on my shoulder - it's hard to get rid of, even when fresh!

I got it allllll the way down my front on one occasion, it's was HORRIBLE. I know how you feel!

I heard Your voice
Step By Step
Grania

Postby Methica » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:28 pm

I actually remember a friend kicking a pidgeon once. She made a joke she'd kick one if it came to close. We didn't think she'd actually kick, but she did. Not very hard, no harm was done to the thing, it flew away. I do think it never returned though... lol
Imperfect is the new perfect
Methica
Addicted to Moya

Postby Angoid » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:51 am

We get wood pigeons land on our TV ariel and start making their distinctive calling noise. This sound then travels down the chimney, and you're left thinking that there's a wood pigeon mounted at the top of the chimney column, or even that it's in the house sometimes.
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby eadgyth » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:44 pm

I remember one religion lesson at school where our teacher wondered why a pidgeon ever became the symbol of the holy ghost and of peace...out of all the birds to be chosen, why a pidgeon? We never got an answer, but sometimes I still wonder about that.

On another note, what is really annoying is a younger brother who is too impatient to wait for you to take the baguettes out of the oven and slaps your hand away. I'm all for letting him get his things himself, but this time my hand happened to hit the top of the oven (inside) and now I have two huge burn marks on the back of my hand!
Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional
eadgyth
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:59 pm

Ouch! Take care of that hand!

I thought it was a dove, not a pidgeon? Mind you, there's not a huge amount of difference sometimes :lol:

I heard Your voice
Step By Step
Grania

Postby Dab051176 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:03 am

Grania wrote: I thought it was a dove, not a pidgeon? Mind you, there's not a huge amount of difference sometimes :lol:

Don't know what (if anything) the difference is, but you're right G, the usual translation is dove! :)
Dave

Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby kevinkells » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:30 am

Dab051176 wrote:
Grania wrote: I thought it was a dove, not a pidgeon? Mind you, there's not a huge amount of difference sometimes :lol:

Don't know what (if anything) the difference is, but you're right G, the usual translation is dove! :)
Both poop! LOL :mrgreen:
kevinkells
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Dab051176 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:14 pm

kevinkells wrote: Both poop! LOL :mrgreen:

Fair point, beautifully put! :wink: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
Dave

Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

PreviousNext

Return to Fan space