Youtube videos

Discuss anything about Moya and her music

Moderator: All Moderators

Postby Luned » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:50 am

Dab051176 wrote:I've posted a review in the Moya Live section under "Moya at the Earagail Arts Festival" if you want to have a look. It'll save going off topic here!!! :wink:

thanks, yes, I read that, it's just I somehow forgot the titles you'd mentioned there so it was the more surprising to actually see Moya doing "Shackles" :lol:
Luned
Addicted to Moya

Postby Dab051176 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:00 pm

Luned wrote: so it was the more surprising to actually see Moya doing "Shackles" :lol:

Fun video, isn't it?! :P :lol: It just a shame that the other video of "One Love" was taken so far away. I must admit had I not been there, and known where Moya was standing, I would have been hard pressed to find her on the video! Still, good memories, though!!! :D
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:27 pm

That was exceptionally good craic :lol: As for video.... :lol: I'm saying nothing :lol:
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Dab051176 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:46 pm

Grania wrote:As for video.... :lol: I'm saying nothing :lol:

Why not, G?!!! :lol: :mrgreen:

Anyway, before G gives me a virtual smack round the head, I've found a clip from the Italian concert from a few months back.

Don't forget to join in with the choruses..... :wink: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5SEg-u5FKQ
Dave

Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Luned » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:21 am

Dab051176 wrote:Anyway, before G gives me a virtual smack round the head, I've found a clip from the Italian concert from a few months back.

Don't forget to join in with the choruses..... :wink: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5SEg-u5FKQ

aww, cool! Don't tempt me :lol:

as for Triskell, there is a very nice interview with Moya, done a day before the concert. The link appeared on Ed's Clannad page, but I hope you won't mind if I put it here as well :)
http://odeo.com/episodes/24739737-Moya- ... Punto-Zero
The interview is in Italian, but half of what they say in Italian is the translation of Moya's answers ;) Moya talks about performing Celtic music in Italy, Michael Jackson, past collaborations with other artists, Heart Strings, Italian artists (a possible collaboration? :lol: ) and her plans for the future (!) Enjoy! :D
Luned
Addicted to Moya

Postby dids » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:52 pm

nice vid, Dave. thanks for sharing! :D
The real goal should be to permanently progress, to be better than yourself rather than being better than others (Albert Jacquard).
dids
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Grania » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:24 pm

Dab051176 wrote:
Grania wrote:As for video.... :lol: I'm saying nothing :lol:

Why not, G?!!! :lol: :mrgreen:

Anyway, before G gives me a virtual smack round the head, I've found a clip from the Italian concert from a few months back.

Would I do such a thing???? :lol:
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Dab051176 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:28 pm

Luned wrote: The interview is in Italian, but half of what they say in Italian is the translation of Moya's answers ;) Moya talks about performing Celtic music in Italy, Michael Jackson, past collaborations with other artists, Heart Strings, Italian artists (a possible collaboration? :lol: ) and her plans for the future (!) Enjoy! :D

Thanks for the link, Luned. I must admit I did try listening to this before, and got more than a bit confused by the sudden changes from Italian to English! :oops: It was after a late shift at work though, so to be fair, I think my brain had turned to jelly by then! :roll: I must try it again...
Dave

Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Hester » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:11 pm

Is there aaaaaaaaany way to get rid of all those horrible spammessages written as a response to a lot of Moya's video's?!? It really annoys me when someone has uploaded a new video about a show etc. and everytime there's this horrible person who just can post any kind of comment that he wants. :( He should be banned from sites like Youtube...From the entire Internet if it is up to me.
Love takes off the mask we fear we cannot live without an know we cannot live within - James Baldwin
Hester
Addicted to Moya

Postby Dab051176 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:11 pm

Hester wrote:Is there aaaaaaaaany way to get rid of all those horrible spammessages written as a response to a lot of Moya's video's?!? It really annoys me when someone has uploaded a new video about a show etc. and everytime there's this horrible person who just can post any kind of comment that he wants. :( He should be banned from sites like Youtube...From the entire Internet if it is up to me.

Not really, Hester. :( You can mark them as spam, but that just seems to "hide" it from view for a while. I started doing this for a while, but as quickly as you flag them, another pops up!

In fairness to the people who run YouTube, it's such a big site with so many users, trying to ban people for comments like the ones you're referring to would be an almost impossible task.

To be honest, I very rarely look at the comments to videos now for this reason, and the only thing I can suggest is that you try doing the same. It's a shame to have to do that, because the vast majority of people usually have something nice (or at least constructive) to say, but if you ignore what's underneath, at least you can enjoy the video in peace!
Dave

Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Hester » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:57 pm

Thanks Dave, I did realize there wasn't much there is to do about it, but I suddenly felt so sick of it yesterday. Why do certain people have to smear every bit of video of Moya (or anyone else) with their filthy comments?! :(
Love takes off the mask we fear we cannot live without an know we cannot live within - James Baldwin
Hester
Addicted to Moya

Postby Ardens » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:55 pm

Hester wrote:Thanks Dave, I did realize there wasn't much there is to do about it, but I suddenly felt so sick of it yesterday. Why do certain people have to smear every bit of video of Moya (or anyone else) with their filthy comments?! :(

Because they are insane, I assume. It seems that people like that will not stop bothering others until they finally get the medical treatment they need or get arrested for bothering someone else outside the internet. :?
Ardens
Addicted to Moya

Postby Luned » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:12 pm

"Codhlamh a Leanbh"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsdtbXh3uOo

I've just come across this video on YouTube and the title tells me nothing...
I was wondering... what has happened to Methica's discography thread?
Luned
Addicted to Moya

Postby cantilena91 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:56 am

Luned wrote:"Codhlamh a Leanbh"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsdtbXh3uOo

I've just come across this video on YouTube and the title tells me nothing...
I was wondering... what has happened to Methica's discography thread?

Isn't this the track from the compilation album An Irish Christmas (that was also sold as a DVD with a different title)? At least I have a track with a very similar title on that compilation album (don't have the DVD though)...

This is the DVD: http://www.amazon.com/Irish-Holiday-Phil-Coulter/dp/B0000AGQ76

And this is the album: http://freemusicdepot.com/music/va-an-irish-christmas/

Suvi
"Your golden breath took darkness away, if I ask, You won't let me go..."
cantilena91
Addicted to Moya

Postby Luned » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:29 pm

Yes, it looks like the song comes from this compilation. Thanks for the information, Suvi :)
Luned
Addicted to Moya

PreviousNext

Return to General