Moya at the Earagail Festival

Memories of shows, dreams of shows to come

Moderators: wonky_eggs, nessieq, mise, Grania, Banba Óir, All Moderators

Moya at the Earagail Festival

Postby Dab051176 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:42 pm

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere on the forum (but I don't think it has!!!!).

For those who are planning to see Moya in Letterkenny in July, the website for the Earagail festival appears to be up and running, and you can buy tickets for Moya's concert with the Inishowen Gospel Choir. The website is at www.eaf.ie .

Hope that helps.....

*End of Commercial Break!!! :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:*
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Susann » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:48 pm

I wish everyone who is going to the Earagail Arts Festival a fantastic time :) :) :).
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. (Oscar Wilde)
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

Postby nessieq » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:39 pm

Susann wrote:I wish everyone who is going to the Earagail Arts Festival a fantastic time :) :) :).

So do I!!! Make sure you all sing/dance along so wildly that moya is completely distracted, or I will consider you terrible fans. :mrgreen: Have fun!!!
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
nessieq

Postby koseklumpen » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:44 am

nessieq wrote:
Susann wrote:I wish everyone who is going to the Earagail Arts Festival a fantastic time :) :) :).

So do I!!! Make sure you all sing/dance along so wildly that moya is completely distracted, or I will consider you terrible fans. :mrgreen: Have fun!!!

Haha, we'll try our best! :-)
Take a music bath once or twice a week for a few seasons, and you will find that it is to the soul what the water bath is to the body.

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
koseklumpen
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Dab051176 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:40 am

Well, to say it was worth the trip is an understatement!

Moya only did 3 songs with the Inishowen Gospel Choir, but they were all amazing. The first was based on a Celtic prayer (sorry - I've forgotten the title, any help here girls?!), then (and I think this is in the right order!!!) after telling the audience that she was dedicating it to her forum members, who had come from all over Europe to be there (cue loud cheers from rows E & F!!! :lol: ), she went into Perfect Time before finishing off with Amazing Grace to the tune of House of the Rising Sun - very different, but very effective.

The encores with everybody on stage were One Love (Moya does Bob Marley - that's something I never thought I'd see!!! :wink: ) and a repeat rendition of Shackles to round off the night (we were still singing to ourselves the following day!).

After the concert, Moya and Tim came down to meet us and we spent a great half hour or so chatting away (as well as giving Nessieq a pleasant surprise, but I'll let her tell that story if she wants to!!! :mrgreen: ) before arriving back in Gweedore at some horrendously early hour.

Unfortunately, I didn't manage to get any photos at the concert (apart from my new avatar - Go raibh maith agat again, Moya, and Siobhan for taking the photo!!!), but I know some of the others did - hopefully they'll post them when they get back. I thought I'd post something to keep you going in the meantime, though!!! :wink:

EDIT: Almost forgot - it didn't end there. When I got back to Donegal Airport, I'd just checked in - and there was a familiar face behind me - Pól Brennan!!! It turned out he'd brought Leo and Baba for the flight - and they were sat in the row in front of me on the plane back to Dublin!!! Only a little thing I know, but sooooo cool in it's own way!!!
Dave

Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:32 pm

Ahhhhhh memories :lol:

Still singing the next day? I'm still singing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Dab051176 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:33 pm

"I just wanna praise ya, I just wanna praise ya!!!!" :mrgreen: Sorry! :wink:

Anyway, it's no more catchy than listening to Against the Wind whilst flying through turbulence! I really was singing that for aaaaaaaages afterwards! :wink: :mrgreen:
Dave

Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:26 pm

"....I can lift my haaands. I'm gonna praise ya..." :lol:
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Fjalladís » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:43 am

Thanks Dave for sharing the memories. Sounds like a lovely concert.
Für jetzt bleiben Glaube, Hoffnung, Liebe, diese drei; doch am größten unter ihnen ist die Liebe.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Fjalladís

Postby Hester » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:45 am

*waves* Hi Christina!!!! Good to see you around here :D :D :D
Love takes off the mask we fear we cannot live without an know we cannot live within - James Baldwin
Hester
Addicted to Moya

Postby Fjalladís » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:26 am

Hester wrote:*waves* Hi Christina!!!! Good to see you around here :D :D :D

:) I have just been silently reading lately.
Für jetzt bleiben Glaube, Hoffnung, Liebe, diese drei; doch am größten unter ihnen ist die Liebe.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Fjalladís

Return to Moya live