Logging in and Logging off Constantly!!!

About Moya's forum, for site-related issues. Please start your site-related issue as a new topic and one of us will come along and advise.

Moderator: All Moderators

Logging in and Logging off Constantly!!!

Postby Memory of Trees » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:49 pm

Ok, this is begining to irritate me beyond my patience. Every single time I attempt to post something on this forum, I have to log in at least 10 times in order to get it posted, and many times, it never does get posted!

I keep on getting an "Invalid Submitation, Please try again" sign every single time I try and post something, and soon after, the server logs me off. If this continues to happens to me, I will refrain from posting ever again, since I do not have the patience nor the time to be logging on to a forum for an hour straight.

Please, tell me what is wrong!
Moving to the Pagan Sound..... :)
Memory of Trees

Postby ChrisRLG » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:48 pm

Hi

I have check the IP codes of where you have been posting to this forum from.

You have made some 59 posts and almost every post is from a different IP.

What that most probably means is the ISP you are using is using proxy servers to conserve its exposure to the number of IP's it needs to its customers (EG they are using a cheaper system to save money).

It might have just meant your ISP are using a dynamic IP system, but with almost NO posts from the same IP I very much doubt that. I very much assume they are using proxies.

The use of proxy servers for such connections means that your IP in use 'could' change during a single session here.

A common method of hacking forums is to try to 'piggy back' the session of a legitimate user, particularly one with admin or moderator powers, so ALL forum software is written such that if the IP changes during a session that it will assume it is a different person, EG that it is a hacking attempt.

If the above is correct, you will either have to live with it, or change your ISP to one that does not use proxies.

One other thing that could be wrong is your browser is not allowing the use of session cookies - that could have the same effect.
MS MVP 2005-6 to 2008-9

Please post the secret code: 'Shakey Lemon
ChrisRLG
Technical Administrator

Postby Memory of Trees » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:32 pm

ChrisRLG wrote:Hi

I have check the IP codes of where you have been posting to this forum from.

You have made some 59 posts and almost every post is from a different IP.

What that most probably means is the ISP you are using is using proxy servers to conserve its exposure to the number of IP's it needs to its customers (EG they are using a cheaper system to save money).

It might have just meant your ISP are using a dynamic IP system, but with almost NO posts from the same IP I very much doubt that. I very much assume they are using proxies.

The use of proxy servers for such connections means that your IP in use 'could' change during a single session here.

A common method of hacking forums is to try to 'piggy back' the session of a legitimate user, particularly one with admin or moderator powers, so ALL forum software is written such that if the IP changes during a session that it will assume it is a different person, EG that it is a hacking attempt.

If the above is correct, you will either have to live with it, or change your ISP to one that does not use proxies.

One other thing that could be wrong is your browser is not allowing the use of session cookies - that could have the same effect.

Thank you for the reply Chris. I have had the same exact problem happen to other forums that operate with phpBB, but I have never had any issues with Invision board or Snitz. I have my Anti-Virus on, and allowing session cookies. I guess I will just have to try to live with this.

Thank you again,
MoT
Moving to the Pagan Sound..... :)
Memory of Trees

Return to Administrator